Oil Light Flicker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
Noticed the oil light flickering when I was in a turn, then flickered again in 2nd gear around 6500 rpm's in a straight up position. Just flickers on and off at a rapid rate then goes back off; idles fine with no issue.

07 Max 9200 miles

Plenty of oil in the crank case:confused2:

its normal. don't fret it unless it stays on when you're not on the accelerator or turning

Given that it is an oil level indicator and you say you have the correct fluid level then you can ignore the odd flicker.

Once it becomes more insistent then re check the oil level.

The oil sloshes back with the acceleration and keeps the level sensor dry for a moment, thats what causes the flickering...

I appreciate the feed back, just never noticed this issue until now, was mostly watching the road in these situations. Glad to here it is not a problem; I will just keep a closer eye on things for now...:clapping:

I appreciate the feed back, just never noticed this issue until now, was mostly watching the road in these situations. Glad to here it is not a problem; I will just keep a closer eye on things for now...:clapping:

Just means you are getting more comfortable with your bike Blackjack....instead of the previous white knuckled death grip while under WOT now you can whack it wide open, check out the scenery, have a look at the gauges, smoke one if you got 'em.....a nice relaxed V Max driver!! That's a good thing!! :clapping: :biglaugh: :rofl_200:

Seriously, like already mentioned, red light flicker is no problem, most of them do it once in awhile.

better to have that kind of red light flashing then ones in the mirror right hahahaha

add a touch more oil and see if it stops? then drive harder into the turns until it flickers again and then its set perfect bahahaha

The oil sloshes back with the acceleration and keeps the level sensor dry for a moment, thats what causes the flickering...
+1 Fred. It's kind of useless, except to let you know there is just about no oil in your engine if it stays on at a level stopped position. If it flickers or goes on during hard acceleration, that's a good thing. It tells me my clutch is hooking up normal like. When I bought my bike the light never came on. After fixing the vboost, DD clutch and decent tune, it comes on now whenever I crack the throttle hard in gear, do to the good clutch mostly, I think. A pressure gauge would have been more useful. A lot of Vmaxers add them.
Steve

Last edited:
I have a question, has no one heard of the forum search function??? Just sayin' this question comes up weekly and gets the same answers every time. One would think that the search function would definitely bring up a thousand threads just like this one:bang head: Sorry bout the rant, am REALLY grumpy this morning and for some reason this one set me off.

uh oh jim didn't get his coffee! hehe.

the search can be hard to find, i'll give newbies that.

I'm not very fond of the search function here. Words like oil are too short and won't search. Some words are too common.

I like using google. I type in whatever I'm looking for then " site:vmaxforum.net"

For instance, if I were searching for oil light issues I would type in:
oil light site:vmaxforum.net

Maybe the moderators need to do an FAQ section in the tech section of the forum that deals with the 4 or 5 basic questions most noobs ask once they get a Vmax and the answers.

I.E.

1) Oil light comes on under acceleration
2) Speed Wobble
3) What oil should I use
4) What tires should I use

You know the basic questions that have been answered a thousand times but are constantly asked. Now I do not blame the new owners for having these questions, far from it, they need to ask. What I would like to see is a place where the answers are easily found for them. Like a new owners guide or something that they can use as a ready resource. JMHO of course.

PS: Have had my coffee, just not having a good day and the prospects for improvement are grim at best!

Maybe the moderators need to do an FAQ section in the tech section of the forum that deals with the 4 or 5 basic questions most noobs ask once they get a Vmax and the answers.

I.E.

1) Oil light comes on under acceleration
2) Speed Wobble
3) What oil should I use
4) What tires should I use

You know the basic questions that have been answered a thousand times but are constantly asked. Now I do not blame the new owners for having these questions, far from it, they need to ask. What I would like to see is a place where the answers are easily found for them. Like a new owners guide or something that they can use as a ready resource. JMHO of course.

PS: Have had my coffee, just not having a good day and the prospects for improvement are grim at best!

good idea man. not sure if anyone has the time to put it together b/c i don't as of now. we do have a FAQ section.

also glad u picked up on me just busting balls. sorry to hear about your day. good thing about those days tho, theres another one in the chamber.

good idea man. not sure if anyone has the time to put it together b/c i don't as of now. we do have a FAQ section.

also glad u picked up on me just busting balls. sorry to hear about your day. good thing about those days tho, theres another one in the chamber.

I would do it, but I don't have the time either unfortunately. This time of year always sucks!!! Can't ride to go out and vent frustrations:bang head: Has not been a good past couple of weeks and not going to get better until the new year, at least I hope it improves in the new year.

My two penneth for what it's worth.

1) A simple answer - just needs a sticky?

2) The thread here could form the basis of a sticky if anyone has the will to edit it?

3) As this tends to be subjective (and the subject of many threads) and there is no 'right' answer I would stay with 'use a good quality oil in the viscosity range specified by Yameringha'.

I doubt that there will ever be a consensus between the mineral, semi and fully synthetic camps.

4) As in #3, there are various 'favorites' that individuals have and to an extent the 'which is best' discussion depends to a certain extent on the condition and how you prefer to ride the bike.
Also the tyre market isn't static as new or so called improved versions of favorites may move (or hide) the goal posts.

There is some useful info here which could be posted. It would also be of interest to get feedback as to the actual mileage that different tyres give?

I think we need a thread with one post in it that is nothing but links to the best threads on the forum discussing the most common questions and problems. Any time a new member joins they should be directed to the thread.

I think we need a thread with one post in it that is nothing but links to the best threads on the forum discussing the most common questions and problems. Any time a new member joins they should be directed to the thread.

I concur!!! This is a good way to keep forum clutter down to a minimum yet still provide the answers these guys, and gals, need to know.

Back