Oil light under hard accelleration??? Normal or not?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Oil Light

all,

i have a 2005 v-max with 6100 kilometers and notice that when i accelerate from the stopped position, the oil engine light sometimes comes on. I have changed the oil and it's currently on the maximum fill line. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and know how i can rectifiy it. Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks!

i have a 06 i have researched it, it' normal.

Re: Oil Light

All,

I have a 2005 V-Max with 6100 kilometers and notice that when I accelerate from the stopped position, the Oil Engine Light sometimes comes on. I have changed the oil and it's currently on the Maximum fill line. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and know how I can rectifiy it. Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks!
The oil level is on a float switch switch, its normal. vmax190

Re: Oil light under hard accelleration??? Notmal or not?

OK... 2nd' Vmax and still confused... On a basic oil change w/filter, (screw-on) book say's 3.7 qts. periodic oil change, whatever that means, why change the oil & not twist a clean filter on, 4.0 w/filter, and 5QTS. TOTAL ... W.T.F. ??? How many qts. ?????? Don't get it...:hmmm:

OK... 2nd' Vmax and still confused... On a basic oil change w/filter, (screw-on) book say's 3.7 qts. periodic oil change, whatever that means, why change the oil & not twist a clean filter on, 4.0 w/filter, and 5QTS. TOTAL ... W.T.F. ??? How many qts. ?????? Don't get it...:hmmm:

u use 5 quarts with a filter?! i've never used over 4.

Even with a filter I still dont even use 4 qts. It is around 3.5-3.7 Kinda of pisses me off because I always have a little oil left over. Put it on the center stand and be careful when you are on your 4th qt. Pay attention to the window and dont go over.

Even with a filter I still dont even use 4 qts. It is around 3.5-3.7 Kinda of pisses me off because I always have a little oil left over. Put it on the center stand and be careful when you are on your 4th qt. Pay attention to the window and dont go over.

+1. we used 4 quarts on my last one b/c i was eying the sight glass and he was pouring oil. i said stop and he had already dumped the rest in and it was all in the funnel. he failed to mention this to me...

fuckin a-hole hahha nah we just took the drain plug out for 4 seconds... right in the middle now... i agree with you fargo tho, its annoying as hell to have all these like 1/3 quarts of oil left over..

No worries Garrett because after awhile your bike will start using oil. Mine uses a 1/2 quart every 2000 miles.

No worries Garrett because after awhile your bike will start using oil. Mine uses a 1/2 quart every 2000 miles.

ya i figured.. just hit the 3500 mark on mine tho so i'm sure its not gonna start too soon!

Great thread.... solved my question and I didn't even have to ask. LOL.... Keep up the good work.
:ten_out_of_ten:

This thread is hilarious. I'm almost tempted to ask the question, but the answer has been beaten into my skull by the end of 7 pages.

ok, got it. Sensor at the front. Pickup at the rear. Red light is normal, but don't stare at it. Look forward because that curve is coming up fast and the "red light of power" is not going to save you.

What a great thread.

added to above >>>the switch that kicks on the oil light seems to be an oil leavel switch not an oil presher switch,so it just tells you your oil is full.

it is a level switch.

i've done some tests when doing oil changes, the light seems to go off when you have about a quart in the pan. so that means about 2.5 - 3 quarts are circulating. as long as u still have oil pressure ur good.

You are all WRONG!!! If the oil light comes on you are risking major engine failure. Prolonged riding with the light illuminated will cause low oil volume to the crank bearings, rod bearings, piston pins, cylinder walls, etc. This is THE #1 cause of vmax engine death.

CONCLUSION: If you are riding your vmax and the oil light comes on you are KILLING your motor. :stir pot:

yup those darn carb chains use up lots of oil, was thinking of adding another oil tank just to feed them what you think of that idea, would it work :ummm:

Absolutely, a great idea!!

Perhaps something like this, they say those C/C's use a lot of oil!! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• fueltankSM.jpg
    fueltankSM.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 17
yup those darn carb chains use up lots of oil, was thinking of adding another oil tank just to feed them what you think of that idea, would it work :ummm:

I've heard that if you take one or two links out of the carb chains, not only do you gain extra ponies but you can actually run veggie oil :clapping:

Great forum, great thread (and. yes, a little funny).

I experienced the Oil Power Light today myself. But, it scared the sh*t out of me and I thought I'd picked up a problem child. ('94 last Saturday).

Babied it home, searched the forum and found this thread.

How do you spell relief? WFO VMAX!

Thanks to all.

Back