removing cush bearings in rear hub

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just shave 1/8" of the rotor carrier and then make a washer with 1/8" thickness that covers the 6 damper bore holes and mimic the 6 crossdrilled holes to center that washer...

Just shave 1/8" of the rotor carrier and then make a washer with 1/8" thickness that covers the 6 damper bore holes and mimic the 6 crossdrilled holes to center that washer...

Well there is two things were trying I made up a "plate" that would cover the diameter of the flat surface out of aircraft 2024t .040 the maybe shave .040 off the carrier.. my dad thinks milling a hole strait threw and making some aluminum plugs, chalking it in lathe from the inside diameter and just brushing maybe .010 off the entire flat surface and then buffing it. or even taking .040 off and making a washer .040 for behind the carrie.. ill post a picture of the plate I made tomorrow.

This is what I made at work today. Once I polish it up and get it anodized it will look good I think!! Just have to shave off .040 on the back side of carrier!
uploadfromtaptalk1363110035642.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1363110047182.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1363110057937.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I think it should be a bit thicker in order not to warp and be sitting perfectly flush and flat with the hub. But not to the expense of making the carrier flange too thin...

Yea you got a point. I was gonna put a little bead of proseal behind it to seal it off.. ill see if my dad could make me up something thicker

I like it!! And punching out the other six holes. Cutting the little half moon into the carrier it shouldn't effect the strength I was told
uploadfromtaptalk1363176939666.jpg
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Make it look better if we didnt the carrier would cover some of the hole looked funny..this is the rotor side so it will be fine... if it was sprocket side I wouldve debated more about it because of the torque and hp from that 1260 cant wait for the muscle kit!!! Lol

Latest posts

Back