Sad Day in Michigan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna_dude74

Reaction score
Well I regret to inform everyone that I had to finally part ways with my beloved MAXINE. With my daughter graduating and bills getting out of control, I decided it was time to let her go. I had her on Craigslist for a while, but the only calls I got were for rusty trucks and Pro-Street Camaro that only needed a new motor and transmission and rear end and wheels and tires and an interior. But the windshield was good.
So I went and seen my buddy at the local motorcycle shop (Full Throttle Motorsport's) for a quick inspection. So 1-1/2 hours loafer I go out back just as the tech is pulling my bike in from a road test, I could see his shit-eatin grin through his full face. "What have I done" I asked myself...
So I asked if the boost open OK, and he just shook his head and said "HELL YAH". So I made sure he put that in his write up. Long story short, I got $200.00 less than my asking price, but a lot more than what I needed. She should make someone a great ride soon.
Farewell Maxine, live long and prosper, and keep the shiny side up!!

Sorry everyone, I forgot to thank everyone on this AWSOME forum for all the great advice, technical help, great laughs, AWSOME pictures (thanks Redbone) and the wonderful friends I was able to ride with. You are all a great bunch!!!!
I will still be stopping by from time to time to see how everyone is doing, and reminisce of great rides and cool upgrades. Speaking of upgrades, I have my stock cans and the CBR MOD that I will be posting in the For Sale section soon.
Take care everyone and ride safe.

I hope that your able to get another Vmax in the future.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Hate to see it happen, but we all have to set our priorities, it has been great knowing/riding with ya Steve!!...................Tom.

Sorry to see that you sold your Maxine Steve, but it is going for a great reason.
I may be interested in the cbr taillight, let me know what you want for it.

Good luck steve and we will see how long it takes you to get another bike. Dont hide your feelings hell my wife told me to go get another bike. It might take a little time but dont give up you will find what you need for the need for speed.

Sorry to see that you sold your Maxine Steve, but it is going for a great reason.
I may be interested in the cbr taillight, let me know what you want for it.

I have not posted the taillight yet , but I would like to get back some of what I paid. I also have a chrome license plate holder with the integrated white LED strip on top to illuminate the plate (michigan law) I also have some bent aluminum that still needs the holes for the CBR tailight studs and the license plate bolts. This allows the plate to be tucked under the fender, in plain sight, and illuminated. I also have a spare inner fender that can be cut for this mod, so you can keep your original inner fender. With having $150.00 or more what would you offer me for all of it?

I hate to hear of your loss my friend. I know it was hard to let it go. Good choice though on putting your family first, I'm sure they mean a lot more to you than the bike does. I noticed you had a license plate frame with led light strip on it. I would like to get that from you if possible. VA law says the plate has to be illuminated and since my CBR mod, mine has not been. Being a Police Officer I like to have my stuff right if you know where I'm coming from.

I had a '84 Sabre 700 and I could not get that SOB to 130 (on a level road). 6th gear was nice but I was disappointed that I couldn't break 130 to keep up with my buddies.

I had several 82-83 V45 Magna's and all of them easily hit 135 mph and if you had a long enough straight they could eek up to 140 ish.

I should say that is speedo reading too, not necessarily a true mph reading.

Todd

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/4448345812.html

How about something like this.... cheap, bet you could get it for $800 and put $400 into and be riding this summer...

Todd

Thanks for pointing this out Todd, I have had (1) Sabre VF45 and (2) Gen3 Magna's VFR750, and they are GREAT bikes!! Unfortunate the reason for the sale is limited cash funds and kids graduation. My kid wanted my Maxine and not a graduation:punk: but the wife wasn't letting her baby girl pilot the MAX:stretche:
So until I get back on track, I will have to live vigorously through you all:rofl_200::banana::band::th_image003::hippy biker::th_peace::flagwaver::jail::You_Rock::rockon00:

Back