Salvage max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrongHack

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking for some input on a parts bike i found, its in rough shape but looks like it might be worth buying. I want the rear wheel but have no idea what the rest of the bike might be worth or how to tell what might still be useful.

Its a 97 with unknown mileage
The guy has sold the rear diff and drive shaft

Attachments

• 867024_20.jpeg
    867024_20.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 127
Engine, carbs, depending on damage and length it's been sitting. Electronics that are left will work with 90 and newer. Rear Wheel as you said. Gas tank. Fuel Pump. Lots of bits and pieces.... It's not all there for sure. It all comes down to whats damaged or FUBAR. The parts I listed above will be worth over a thousand USD if good. I wouldn't offer near that much though, maybe 600 to 800 USD at the most..

looks like a cazz wheel. for the right price that still has some good stuff on it. seat too!

That bike had a lot of modifications to it . I can see it has a braced swingarm if its not messed up & has a USD front end If the tripple trees are not messed up there worth a bit of cash in them selves. I see it has a stage 7 to & aftermarket exaust. Can I buy it ? LOL

if it 'runs' its probably worth at least $1k.

I think you guys are all too high. Diff and swing arm are gone and don't count on any of the front end being good. Spec mentioned some good parts but heck, if you are buying the hulk and parting it out, I sure wouldn't be giving this guy the Used value for whatever the salvageable parts are. $500 and no more than $750 IF the Carrozeria wheel is good. You'd be surprised how much damage a motor gets in a hard crash like this.

Hey all,
I'm looking for some input on a parts bike i found, its in rough shape but looks like it might be worth buying. I want the rear wheel but have no idea what the rest of the bike might be worth or how to tell what might still be useful.

Its a 97 with unknown mileage
The guy has sold the rear diff and drive shaft

F**k...this is the bike from the Bulgarian guy that moved to Canada last year...

He is also a member here with the nickname 'voltage'

Hope he's all right after the crash.

he checked in a while bakc and was OK. but yea i think it is his bike.

F**k...this is the bike from the Bulgarian guy that moved to Canada last year...

He is also a member here with the nickname 'voltage'

Hope he's all right after the crash.

That's what I thought when I saw the bike, matching color and goodies ...

Notice the license plate on the flatbed truck in the background ???

EZ REBUILDABLES

Not!

Hope rider is ok.
Happy to say the rider wasn't me.............

Jester 42

Did any of you guys pick up Voltages signature line at the end of all his posts?
"When I'm on the road, nothing can stop me."
I'm just gonna leave it at that since I don't know how this all worked out in the end.
Man, I was just thinking. All that work, from Bulagria to Canada, just to end like this. It ain't right.

Yes this is my EX Bike
it was a jerk with a Chevy Silverado that step into my lane with 70 - 80 kmh. truing to make a left turn from opposite lane, he told the cops he didn't saw me
.... with 6000K xenon head light in 9.30 PM ant October I can not belive I am invisible but ...
he didn't stop even when he hit us ( me and my wife )
I was with precisely 43kmh heading strait at the boulevard ....

well here are few pics 2 h. before the accident

1001740f.jpg

1001753m.jpg

1001761c.jpg

here few right after ...

20101021053316a.jpg

20101021053316b.jpg

20101021053316g.jpg

how ever
the bike :
rear wheel is perfect
swing arm etc. also perf
the frame is badly damaged left front part of the frame hit the head cover of front left cylinder and the head cover is bended ( don't know what's the story inside )

other wise
the engine is on 6000 after :
New gears all gears Fork shifts and the shift cam assy
new crank bearings
IMPELLER SHAFT ASSY ( water pump ) BEARING, OIL SEAL, SEAL, MECHANICAL, JOINT, O-RINGS ...
Carbs - Jet Kit ST7 No filters they are somewhere on the street ...

Handlebars are OK just the right cup has some scratches

a lots of other new parts on the bike

Except the frame, front fork, radiator the tacho ( it was working but not on the right place )the tank cover,
all the rest is in good shape ( only the engine front left head not sure is it just the Cover Cyl head or has other problems inside )

PS.
About the signature ....
he didn't stop me he, smashed my bike and broke us on a few places ... but we are alive and getting better with every day even on the road again ...

here comes voltage the white

even looking for Nemesis-2 :)

18056617403810433931654.jpg

18478617403790833441654.jpg

so good luck to all :coolgleamA:

Back