Tail light and grab bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - that looks so good man. You did a great job and it gets rid of those huge signal light sticking out. The bike has that nice clean look....I'm totally impressed ! Did you get rid of the front signal lights, or do you plan too ?
2 thumbs up !
:thumbs up::clapping::thumbs up:

Wow - that looks so good man. You did a great job and it gets rid of those huge signal light sticking out. The bike has that nice clean look....I'm totally impressed ! Did you get rid of the front signal lights, or do you plan too ?
2 thumbs up !
:thumbs up::clapping::thumbs up:

Thanks,

I've put on a pair of the smaller chrome LED turns in the front but I'm still thinking of trying a new location with some LED flexible strips.

Hey J,

Did you see the scoop inserts I bought? The have LED clusters built into each one. Can be seen as well as anything else and it was easier to buy them than to figure out a new place for turnsignals with the KTM headlight setup.

Frank

Frank, I have not seen your scoop inserts, are there pics on here somewhere?

The machinist budy called back last night, said he won't be doing any more grab bars, I guess his boss wanted to know why he was using company bits and machines to do personal projects. Sorry.

I'm betting you can find a machine shop that would do it, I still have my mistake bar if you need to take it for an example and I can help you out with what to buy and where to get it.

Let me know!

I got the flasher and diode in today, both from Custom Dynamics. It's an easy install.
Put the spade connections on the cut wires of the flasher and plug them in as in the pic.
You need the diode for the single turn indicator otherwise it allow feedback and all the LEDs flash together.
The flasher lets you run LEDs with no load equalizers, so now I have three, 2 - 2 Amp and 1 - 4 Amp I think, extra load equalizers.
The shrink tube works great for all these small wires, no need for solder or connectors.

1 Just slip a short piece of shink tube on the wire
2 twist the wires together
3 bend the twisted part away from the tube so it doesn't catch on any little wires
4 slip the tube over the twist and heat it up

It holds everything in place and looks good too!

Do you have the part numbers for that cause I tried asking them today and they said I couldn't use the flasher because ours (vmax) is 5 pin??? Looks like yours is 2 pin plus the canceller to me? Thanks,

Ron

that is frickin sweet.i thought about doing something like that to mine but went with leds on the reflector plate instead(time issue)i would love to do that after seeing a finished product.nice job..:th_image003:

Rob,

You can go to Princess Auto and get an LED marker light for a transport trailer that will fit into the reflector plate spot on the grab rail. I have mine done that way and it is my brake light. According to folks who were behind me it is very bright and easy to see. I run an LED strip under the tail of my fender for a running light. That way I do not need the controller and everything plugs right into the stock wiring harness. I am also running a side mounted plate with an LED lit frame that I picked up, of all places, at Wal-Mart.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

i didn't see this until today, but that's the same mod i made in my reflector spot a few weeks ago... great minds think alike :biglaugh:

This thread is awesome, also I'm stealing a bunch of your ideas haha (I love LED anything pretty much, I'm still looking for an excuse to stick 12" LED flexible strips somewhere on my Max, maybe as engine glow hooked up to a switch on the plasti panel opposite my ignition?)

We sell the custom dynamics stuff and it's good products. They supply me with the item I use to modify the rear reflector to keep it looking almost 100% stock but a functioning brake and run light!

We sell the custom dynamics stuff and it's good products. They supply me with the item I use to modify the rear reflector to keep it looking almost 100% stock but a functioning brake and run light!
Good to know. :D

I just cut some aluminum flat bar, drilled 4 holes for some micro lazer LEDs, it fit perfect were the reflector went. Then had flatbar chromed

Edit: pics not the best, chrome is to shiny

Attachments

• IMAG0186.jpg
    IMAG0186.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0180.jpg