Take care of your back rest.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets say Ebay just for kicks,but in reality I think Dave (vmax626) was REALLY interested in it when I get rid of it so ill probably sell it to him for REALLY cheap.

The last backrest I just sold was $575 with fresh black powdercoat and did include the luggage rack. The backrests are for sure getting hard to find. I have one left I need to get a pad for and not sure if I am going to sell it yet.

Sean
Hey sorry Sean I just read the whole post. I have a habit of skipping over things & half ass reading but if you need a pad we might could make a deal on the top part of the backrest I have there are a couple things I would not mind having that you might have. I want a right side cover or a scraped up right scoop as long as no chunks are missing it can be scraped up a good bit or a rear grab rail.

Shoot me an email. I have a few scoops but they are probably hammerred too much. I have damaged side covers too and some good ones. let me know.

[email protected]

I've had my Max a few months now, and I made some brackets to adapt a backrest and rack from another bike. I have a small home business making items for metric cruisers.
If there's enough interest for me to make some more of these, I could supply backrest, rack, and mounting brackets (or any combination thereof) for less than they are selling for anywhere else. My rack is solid 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum, not hollow tubing like OEM racks which are rated for 6-10 lbs, and it can support much heavier loads. I would need to know that there is enough of a market before committing to production. Please post here or e-mail me if you would be in the market for the backrest or rack.
The rack and all my other items can be seen at my website. There is a contact link there also. Pics are attached.
http://www.cycle-istic.com

Attachments

• P1000627.JPG
    P1000627.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 49
  • P1000629.JPG
    P1000629.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P1000630.JPG
    P1000630.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 49
some good money to be made there. good luck magniac!

Thanks. I'm not interested in making a lot of money, just something to do. I bought a Honda Magna back in '96 and found the passenger peg position way too high for a passenger taller than 4' 11", so I made some mounts to relocate the pegs. Fellow Magna riders saw them and wanted me to make more. Then I ditched the stock seat for a Mustang, and found that the new seating position made the reach to the bars uncomfortable. So I made some risers, and the same happened, people wanted more. I was supposed to be retired, but what the heck, why not?
Then we found that by making some minor dimensional changes, I could make them fit other models as well. So my hobby became a quasi-business. I look for things that have been discontinued, not available, or too expensive from the big companies, and try to help my fellow riders. That's why, when I got the Max and found this thread about backrests being discontinued by Yamaha, I thought I'd see if you guys thought it would be worth looking into.

I can vouch for the quality of cycle-istc products, I have his centerstand on my 96 Magna, and it is a nice piece. I want the brake stay rod next.

Because the corbin seat sucks (without modification) and looks ugly compared to the stock stuff (again in my opinion).

Sean

Because the corbin seat sucks (without modification) and looks ugly compared to the stock stuff (again in my opinion).

Sean

I am with you on that one Sean. But what I found was the easiest instead of taking care of the back rest was just selling it and getting rid of that horrid looking thing and making your wife hold onto you like she loves you.. LOL

Scooter

yea the corbins are ugly. but they work and come on and off VERY easily.

i have my OEM backrest for sale in the buy/sell section.

Latest posts

Back