The MiniLee.... My first Car

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
This really wasn't my first car, but it was the first one that I owned outright. It is a 1980 Plymouth Champ and it has a 1.4 L with a manual transmission with a 4 speed... actually it has a high and low so there was really 8 different gears. I rebuilt the carbs and got over 40mpg on it! I spraypainted the car - Krylon Orange and put 0.1 on it since it was 1/10 the size of the real general lee. I just came across this picture and thought I would share... oh, and yes it had the dixie horn and I did jump it with all 4 wheels off the ground at the same time. Anyone else have pics of their first car?

Attachments

• champ2_s.jpg
    champ2_s.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 46
My first car (in France, 1984) was the Peugeot 104 GL. In maroon, it was a 4-door hatchback grossly underpowered by a 1.1 litre engine. Total POS. :biglaugh:

My first car (in UK, 1986, driving on the left) was the Austin Mini Van, in that very blue, just nowhere as shiny (t'was a '73). Hilarious car, and actually great in the snow. :rofl_200:

Sorry I could not find pics of my actual cars, although looking thru some old photo boxes I may just find some LOL..

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 13
Don't have a pic, but I'm still driving my first car..... '84 CRX with 290k miles. 1.5l, carbureted, still pulling around 42mpg on the freeway. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Not really driving it but I still have the first car I learned to drive in. No pics at the moment. 68 Camaro RS/SS with our LS6 454 engine in it. I'm not really sure what my first car was??? I had a bike I rode before I got a car of my own and I still have it too - 83 seca turbo. I think my first car was a 69 428 pontiac bonneville convertible which I still own too.

Sean

I will have to look for pics but my first car was given to me after my Mom stopped driving it and it sat for 2 years. It was a Full size 1989 GMC Jimmy with a 350, 410 limited slip diffs front and back, not sure on the transmission, 32" tires, and no lift. It was a tank and sat at the perfect level in my opinion. I got real good at changing U-joints with that truck, and it had over 300,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. Replaced that with a 1993 Ford Lightning in 2000. I wish I still had that one but it got stolen and wrapped around a telephone pole. Bastard didn't get caught but he had to have been hurt from the look of the truck. Then a 2003 Jeep Rubicon and now I drive a 2007 Tacoma.

Don't have a picture of it, but my first car was a 1964 VW bug - baby blue, bone stock - got it from a friends grandmother - car was mint - I included a pic of one similar that I found off the net.

Mike

Attachments

• 1142477124_6c824bb2f0.jpg
    1142477124_6c824bb2f0.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 9
HEY , hubeerjw , THIS IS YOUR 666TH POST , THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE DEVIL ! ANYTHING YOU WANT TO TELL US ? " LOL ":rofl_200:

My first car was a '84 (i think) Nissan Sentra. 2 dr hatchback. Picked it up for about $1k with the money I made from being a stock boy at the local grocery store. The car was a POS. First stick I ever drove. Learned how to drive a stick on the way home from purchasing it LOL. Didn't take too long since I was used to a clutch n shiftin from my dirt bikes. After that a 88 CRX 5spd (fun to beat on), 87 Isuzu trooper (not good for 4 wheelin, no ground clearance, but had fun beating on it) 69 cutlass with a 455 (still got it, anyone want to buy my basketcase of an Olds?), then marriage and boring cars like the 99 saturn sl2 and the 05 pacifica (just as big a POS as my first car I think, had issues since day 1 with it)

The olds is the favorite. It was brute torque with a 445ci, a healthy cam, offenhauser intake, 3.73 rear, th400. It wasn't a screamer like a built smallblock chevy 350, its power was from 3500-5500 RPM. I never bothered trying to make it hook up with fear of tearing up the 10bolt rear. There is a cheapo air bag setup in the rear coils to help plant it for launching but I never used it. Plus, it was always fun being able to burn off the tires at will.

This was my first ride, 65' 350ci two speed powerglide, no power streering or air conditioning but I loved that truck. Got it from my dad at the end of my sophmore year. It had faded paint and hail damage but I still thought it was the coolest thing ever. So I saved up and got a paint job and my dad redid the wood in the bed, shoulda kept it!

This is the only picture I could find, so there I am, all 135lbs. in 1990.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 26
Don't have a picture of it, but my first car was a 1964 VW bug - baby blue, bone stock - got it from a friends grandmother - car was mint - I included a pic of one similar that I found off the net.

Mike

Mike,
That reminds me of my white 67 bug restored.
I was the lead car in a volkswagen bug wedding, i drove the bride and groom to the reception with 12 other bugs.
Needless to say the couple loved vw bugs... lol

my first was a 71 dodge dart demon, 340, craiger ss, n50's, air shocks, 9" grant steering wheel, hurst shifter, a back window full of speakers, the perfect 70's car.

My dad's first car was mine too :p. 1972 Mercury Comet GT. 351 windsor and a worn out c4 with a shift kit. The engine was built in 1982 and has about 5 trillion miles on it lol. Still has an old single plane intake and a 600 holley and will run low 8's in the 1/8th. One of these days I'll restore it and have it looking the way that it should. I drove that, a 1990 suzuki samurai that I traded a 300 weatherby mag for and built my own lift kit for, and a silver 1989 toyota with 4.88's lockers front and rear, and a 4" lift on 35's.

PictureorVideo222.jpg

PictureorVideo032.jpg

My first car was a 1964 chevrolet Malibu SS. 283 CI Munci 4 speed. I bought it used in 1972 with 51,000 miles, Mint condition ,Always garaged. I paid $750 for it. The hub caps are worth more than that now. I let it go for $650 about 2 years later. Yeah I'm that old.

My first car was a '77 El Camino, 350, 4 bbl, auto, bought in 1987.

I wish I still had it.

1964 Corvair Monza. This is a shot from the web. Funny thing is, mine was the same color, and had the same type of stick-on racing stripe...

Attachments

• 64corvair.jpg
    64corvair.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 14
1966 Mercury Comet Caliente Covertable - 390ci - C6

Absolute blast of a car... Sold it because it needed $150 in exhaust work... :bang head:

I'll have to look around for pics from the old Kodak 110...

Something like this? Here's the car that I put out in the 1st round of the Pinks race.

_MG_6891_ra-11-07.jpg

burnout1.jpg

Back