Throttle Bodies VMAX EFI

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I think this EFI setup going to give the old VMAX a real kick in the pants. Just the fact that we will be able to adjust the timing has me wetting mine. :eek:h yeah:

I've given myself a goal! That is.... Complete the 600 setup by July 4th.

Things to do:

1 Install fuel pump in tank (hayabusa pump)
2 Complete fuel rails and plumbing
3 Complete crank sensor
4 Machine ram horns/velocity stacks (filter adapters)
5 Fab brackets for LS1 and LS2 coils

Love it when a plan comes together... wish me luck!

Thanks guys, I think this EFI setup going to give the old VMAX a real kick in the pants. Just the fact that we will be able to adjust the timing has me wetting mine. :eek:h yeah:

I've given myself a goal! That is.... Complete the 600 setup by July 4th.

Things to do:

1 Install fuel pump in tank (hayabusa pump)
2 Complete fuel rails and plumbing
3 Complete crank sensor
4 Machine ram horns/velocity stacks (filter adapters)
5 Fab brackets for LS1 and LS2 coils

Love it when a plan comes together... wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK GARY! Great job your guys are doing here! Thanks for all your hard work!

Its been 3 weeks, any updates yet??? Inquiring minds want to know :biglaugh:

Oh yeah, what is the fuel pressure going to be?

Fargo,

No progress on my end. I believe Gary made some progress this weekend, but not what he was wanting. Work has been killing him lately.

Fuel pressure will be around 40-43psi.

We have started the engine of my vmax, thanks to the megasquirt, with fully sequential injection/ignition!
I have only a few problems to eletrical system, but I'm solving it....​

We have started the engine of my vmax, thanks to the megasquirt, with fully sequential injection/ignition!

I have only a few problems to eletrical system, but I'm solving it....​

Congratulations! Your smaller injectors are on the way to you. Any pictures or video?

Thank you so much Gary!!! You are so special!
We made a little video when we started the engine, but Luca know how to put it on-line... Wait him.
I don't know if my thinking is right, but only software by duty cycle can tell us.
After start the engine, we have check sequence and the advance of sparks in all cylinders by timing light, and all was correct!!

I made a front panel with a lot of led that indicates all states of the circuit I need to check and on the MSextra forum I wrote this:

Hi to all !!
I made a little video when we have tried for the first time to start the engine... as soon as possible will be online.

Now a few pictures of the front panel during simulation with stimulator and crank wheel software:

pict1: Front panel. Stand by.
pict2: Pick-up reading
pict3: Hall sensor on the cam reading
pict4: Fuel pump start
pict5: Injector 2 on
1pannello.png
2vr.png
3hall.png
4fp.png
5inj2.png

pict6: Injector 3 on
pict7: Injector 4 on
pict8: Injector 1 on
pict9: Hall sensor on and Ignition cyl. 1
pict10: Injector 2 on
6inj3.png
7inj4.png
8inj1.png
9ign1.png
10inj2.png

pict11: Ignition cyl. 2
pict12: Injector 3 on
pict13: Ignition cyl. 3
pict14: Injector 4 on
pict15: Ignition cyl. 4
11ign2.png
12inj3.png
13ign3.png
14inj4.png
15ign4.png

and the sequence will re-start

Hi to all...
Here a little video of the second start of Luca's bike, after the first parameter adjust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emrmdmr8Adg

Anyone know the exactly spark advance table of our engine, or a valid software to calculate it?
I only know there are 3? at idling (with 95 octane gasoline), but the rest of the table is now approximate.
Many thanks.

Fabio.

Thanks jedi and a special thanks to Gary, because he donate to me a set of R6 injectors and another set of GSXR 600.
He did not want anything, not even shipping costs and they have arrived today! Very fast shipping!
I will try this smaller injectors then Luca's, but with more fuel pressure.
I have almost finished my efi and soon updates!

The spark advance table, is finished, but I don't know if it's ok. Thanks also for the link Gary! Tomorrow I will post my table on that thread.

Thank You Fabio... but I can't take all the credit for the injectors and supplying the timing info. It was actually Mark (birdoprey) who had the idea of using the DYNA for the initial timing settings. The injectors are his donation to your efforts. I will take credit for the shipping costs and speedy delivery. We both wish you good luck with your project! Keep the pics and video coming. All looks good!

Fabio/Luca,

NICE WORK! Glad you've progressed like you have! LOVE the sound of a fuel injected V-max idling! You are more than welcome for the injectors/harnesses. Glad they worked out well for ya.
Thanks Gary for pulling the harnesses/injectors and shipping them across the pond(Twice!)! I know you've been SUPER busy lately with work.
Looking foreward to more VID's and PIC's!

Hi!
So... a special thanks to Mark also!!!
Sure more info with videos and pictures of the progress. We hope to have news very soon!
Now it need to solve spark advance table and only after VE table by auto tune or other software to build a complete table.
We though that at this point all is more simple.. instead there are a lot of difficult to put all correct parameters: They are too many! And we don't they know yet.
Need a few time...

Hi guys....
I have some news.
While I'm modifying electrical circuit of my Vmax, Luca have made a lot of run with his bike!
Ignition table was ok and he have used MegaLogViewer to view log files and modify VE table.
So, with 270cc/min injectors, at 9300 rpm PW at full load was 10.26ms and AFR was 11.4, so his injector flow rate is correct (probably a bit 'large').
I think I'm ok with 240cc/min injectors flow rate, because at 55psi new flow rate would be about 270cc/min. Probably at 50psi they would work right. Luca have two K&N filters, but me the original airbox and also original european exhaust system. :bang head:
So, smaller injectors would be for me ok.

Next week Luca will come to my home to finish my byke and then finally I will run for the first time!!!

Fabio,

CONGRATS! When can we expect more video???
So, your not gonna use the GSXR1000 injectors i sent?
Is there a reason you are running the smaller injectors and running 50-55lbs of fuel pressure???

Back