Time for some brake pads.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 8898

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll need to install some new pads this Spring. What can I expect to pay for a full set, and where's a good place to get them? How crappy are these ebay pads for 27 bucks shipped?

Thanks!

EBC HH for the front. HH or organic for the rear. $35-40/caliper is a typical price. Sean or Kyle can hook you up. No sense in trying to save $10 and buying a set of shit pads.

120 bucks for a full set of brake pads..? I'm sure these pads I'm looking at on ebay are crap... but they're 27 bucks for a full set shipped. What exactly is the difference in what a guy gets for 27 bucks versus 120 bucks..?

120 bucks for a full set of brake pads..? I'm sure these pads I'm looking at on ebay are crap... but they're 27 bucks for a full set shipped. What exactly is the difference in what a guy gets for 27 bucks versus 120 bucks..?
Give us a link.
I'm only gussing but $27 is probably for 1 caliper not all three.

$100 from Sean shipped is a goob price, I paid $120 or so with shipping for a full set last time I bough EBC HH for all 3 Calipers.

That's an Insanley low price.
They may work fine but Personally I ride way too hard to be the guinea Pig for them.
I have used the EBC HH Pads for years and I know I can count on them to actually Stop me.
Let us know if you actually buy them and live to talk about it.

Well, they are an organic pad so the performance will be different from stock pads (stock are HH sintered metal) no matter how you look at it. Expect less initial bite when you squeeze the lever, faster wear, more brake dust, less noise, and brake fade when subjected to repeated, hard stops.

I'm sure they would be fine for casual riding. If you are pushing the envelope and riding hard/fast down each straight and coming into the corners with agression, I would consider and better pad.

Do a google search for "volar carbon". I'm sure you will find some info from others who are using them.

based on the application chart I would say these are for one set only. They would not fit the front of the 93-07 but will fit the rear on all years. They will fit the fronts on 85-92's. So, his info could work but isn't entirely accurate.

That's an Insanley low price.
They may work fine but Personally I ride way too hard to be the guinea Pig for them.
I have used the EBC HH Pads for years and I know I can count on them to actually Stop me.
Let us know if you actually buy them and live to talk about it.

:rofl_200:

Death by frugality.

Well, they are an organic pad so the performance will be different from stock pads (stock are HH sintered metal) no matter how you look at it. Expect less initial bite when you squeeze the lever, faster wear, more brake dust, less noise, and brake fade when subjected to repeated, hard stops.

I'm sure they would be fine for casual riding. If you are pushing the envelope and riding hard/fast down each straight and coming into the corners with agression, I would consider and better pad.

Do a google search for "volar carbon". I'm sure you will find some info from others who are using them.

Thanks for the input. There's not much that's aggressive about my riding. Love the power, but my habits don't lead to a lot of hard braking.

Im not sure about the cheap pads I value my life a little bit. I sell the full set of EBS for $ 95 shipped

Yeah... My life was appraised at $1.98, including shipping.

I'm sure the people who sell cheap brake pads don't appreciate the point that they're going to get you killed, any more than the people who sell expensive brake pads appreciate dirt cheap pricing. But I suppose that's the nature of capitalism. It's like when the doctor tells you that you need your appendix removed. Do you really, or does the good doctor need to make some yacht payments? How would you know? ...I don't know why my girlfriend calls me cheap when I'm just raising some legitimate questions. :biglaugh:

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'll buy. Just doing a little research. I do appreciate you guys! :th_2fc2c5a5:

Walker already made my point. What's the difference you ask?
You may be able to Panic stop three feet shorter. When a car turns in front of you would you rather stop three feet before impact or stop dead center of the front bumper? All over a few bucks? No brainer to me and many others here. I know of an Ebay seller offering some really cool German military look helmets in plastic but they are inexpensive!
Discussion makes me wonder what kind of toilet paper you use!
Just trying to be illustrative through humor and sarcasm.

Sintered HH pads up front is the only wat to go. +1 to all the important reasons mentioned. The better brake pads don't fade when they get hot. In fact they work better hot. I can't put a price on stopping fast when you round that bend someday and there's a car in the middle of the road you can't get around. Even if your doing 60mph, you need them. I used ceramic's one time when I couldn't get the HH's that day. They were ok, but the HH'S went on the day I recieved them.

Back