UFO Fork Braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you2low

Reaction score
Dont know if anyone wants one or needs one but they on Ebay for $55 shipped all years think some company called Voodoo made the same brace and put them on Ebay cheaper and then UFO cut there price in half. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Vmax...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a83b1963&vxp=mtr think that was one year and this is the other http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Vmax...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460786ab46

this was the voodoo brace http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Vmax...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3024abf3&vxp=mtr they are also in Ohio so kinda makes me wonder if they made the UFO brace and they had a fallen out :confused2: but hey the price is good no matter what:biglaugh:

Same thing on adjustable side stands. Voodoo and UFO both sell them. UFO eBay ad says original not made by "ghetto boy" so some bad feelings there. :rofl_200:

I bought Jon's Fork Brace a few months back and love the contoured shape and it fits perfectly on my ride.

yeah UFO says the Voodoo is cheap knock off :rofl_200:but they both say billet:confused2: its funny UFO brace is $55 shipped on Ebay and its still $115 on his website.. kick stand is $84 on Ebay and $195 on his website:rofl_200: Hes 1 dollar cheaper on kick stand than Voodoo:rofl_200:i almost want to buy one for that price:bang head:

now if we could only get some people fighting like that over 250 fat tire kits.:rofl_200::rofl_200::biglaugh:

This tnread reminded about needing to but the udjustable kick stand because I 17" rims on the way! Thanks guys lol

On the adjustable kickstand; maybe I'm a cheap bastard but I was easily able to heat mine up and put a double kick (or offset) in it, kick out to shorten and a second kick the other direction to get the pad flat on the ground again. Been that way for years.
I put the bike back to stock height and now it leans a little more than it should now.

On the adjustable kickstand; maybe I'm a cheap bastard but I was easily able to heat mine up and put a double kick (or offset) in it, kick out to shorten and a second kick the other direction to get the pad flat on the ground again. Been that way for years.
I put the bike back to stock height and now it leans a little more than it should now.

Ill trade ya kickstands lol

I lowered my frontend 2" and all I did was file a very little bit of the kickstand stop. Kickstand pivot a bit further forward and leans over a bit more and takes a little more to roll off the kickstand.

Several times I have lowered bikes due to my 30" inseam. The centerstand requires cutting/welding, etc but the side stand is easy. I have a Oxy/Acetylene rig and I just heat the side stand on the bike and lean the bike to the desired angle and then let cool. Usually have powdercoated after cooling. Just have to make sure you don't overheat. Control heat by moving the torch in and out till it barely starts to bend.

Does a billet brace offer an benefit?
It goes like this oppinions are like assholes & they all stink. I have all the rest of my suspension set up the to benefit me but no fork brace & I am fine with it. This is kind of like an oil thread though every one is going to have diffrent oppinions due to riding style.

Several times I have lowered bikes due to my 30" inseam. The centerstand requires cutting/welding, etc but the side stand is easy. I have a Oxy/Acetylene rig and I just heat the side stand on the bike and lean the bike to the desired angle and then let cool. Usually have powdercoated after cooling. Just have to make sure you don't overheat. Control heat by moving the torch in and out till it barely starts to bend.

Ahhhhhhh good idea!

I lowered my frontend 2" and all I did was file a very little bit of the kickstand stop. Kickstand pivot a bit further forward and leans over a bit more and takes a little more to roll off the kickstand.

I used that method on my XR650L when I set it up for street only (poor mans Motard) and it worked really well.

that makes the stand stick out farther and grind sooner. our modified stands work quite well

Does a billet brace offer an benefit?

I found a benefit. When I make a turn right, and I would lean over to a 45 degree angle, I would get a bit of shake until the bike started to straighten up. (This is after tightening the steering head bearings) After the fork brace...no more shake.

Maybe this new outfit will put some pressure on UFO and Python to lower their prices a bit, competition is a GOOD thing when it comes to aftermarket parts for these bikes! I love the billet handlebar clamps too, but they are only made in batches and are gone as fast as I see them listed, would be even nicer in chrome! The air scoop inserts, intake inserts, radiator inserts, all those parts are cool but a little pricey sometimes.

Back