UFO Fork Braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to know the range of length for the ufo kickstand. I have a shortened stand now but it still is not enough since the bike is lowered and has radials.

I had to cut the hell out of my side stand after lowering and radials... I just used a chop saw and sectioned out probably 1/2-3/4" and welded it back together... I had to cut it so much I had to reshape and reslot where the spring attaches LOL Works really good though :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

With my '92 forks I noticed that when I went from a stock fork brace to a Python motorsports brace there was a noticable improvement on steering precision. I no longer feel like the forks were twisting slightly while turning.
I see that Tom @ Cycle One-off has a nice looking fork brace, looks nice: http://www.cycleoneoff.com/Vmaxforkbrace.html

Cycle one off fork brace is the same one python sales Notice the mention of D.R. Design Thats David R.

It would be nice to know the range of length for the ufo kickstand. I have a shortened stand now but it still is not enough since the bike is lowered and has radials.

I do not have length comparisons but here is the rule of thumb on set-up. Our kickstand has 3 settings. For a stock bike or -1" rear lowering link use the longest kickstand setting, for a bike with a lowering link and a lowered front end use the center setting, and for a bike with a -2" lowering link and lowered front end use the 3 rd (shortest) setting. Hope this helps, thanks for your inquiry.

thats the reponse i got when i asked the lengths

I switched to a 17" radial more than a year ago but haven't notice any issue with the stock side stand.
Really wondering why it needs yo be shorten.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back