Way to go girlie!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear Dann-o, I'm also glad she had the integrity to wait. I'm hear if ya need me Bro.
My v-boost cycles fine at key switch on, but stopped opening when it was supposed to. I noticed a significant drop in power. I have a T-boost set up I'll check out first. Right now it's set full boost all the time and I like it. An on off switch will suit me fine though.

Danny, not a good day for you or the bike. Feel fortunate that you weren't on the bike when she hit it, would have made for a very bad day indeed. Glad there was someone around to "keep her honest" and not drive off. I am surprised that you didn't mention a broken mirror or bent bars too. This is not that surprising to me as most people drive with the attitude nothing is in their way or no one is coming the other way and then cut you off because you are intruding on their space. About a month ago, sitting on a four lane highway at a red light, all of a sudden I catch something in the opposite lane. Plastic chunks sliding into the intersection from the crotch rocket that was first in line at the light. An SUV, driven by a woman no less, drove over the back end of the bike and the light was still red. The front end of the SUV actually had both front tires off the pavement a couple of inches to finally rest on top of the center and rear portions of the crotch rocket. I flipped around as he was getting up off the road to see if he needed any help. What I didn't realize was he had a tiny female passenger on the back as well. Neither one hurt, and actually both were in good spirits considering. The only thing I can figure is she pushed the gas pedal instead of the send button on her text and drove over the bike. It was a nice looking bike....keyword "was". Glad you OK, and I am sure the bike will get some needed attention. Always an adventure no matter where you go.

Todd

If you dont hear the vboost servo cycling when you turn the key on, then it could just be something as easy as a loose/corroded connection. Check the relay since this happened to me once and just unplugging the relay terminals, cleaning them up and connecting again all was fine. Not sure if you had the relay off to begin with and placed it back on when you went to stock setup again...If so, moot point!

Just what I'm hoping for Mike....and I think chances are good that's what the deal is.

Sorry to hear Dann-o, I'm also glad she had the integrity to wait. I'm hear if ya need me Bro.
My v-boost cycles fine at key switch on, but stopped opening when it was supposed to. I noticed a significant drop in power. I have a T-boost set up I'll check out first. Right now it's set full boost all the time and I like it. An on off switch will suit me fine though.

Thanks Steve-o....do the momentary switch deal, it's really cool!

Sorry to hear about this Danny, send me a PM, I might have some of the parts you need!

That's my plan John....soon's her ins. co. crosses my palm with a big fat check.....hopefully! :biglaugh:

Danny, not a good day for you or the bike. Feel fortunate that you weren't on the bike when she hit it, would have made for a very bad day indeed. Glad there was someone around to "keep her honest" and not drive off. I am surprised that you didn't mention a broken mirror or bent bars too. This is not that surprising to me as most people drive with the attitude nothing is in their way or no one is coming the other way and then cut you off because you are intruding on their space. About a month ago, sitting on a four lane highway at a red light, all of a sudden I catch something in the opposite lane. Plastic chunks sliding into the intersection from the crotch rocket that was first in line at the light. An SUV, driven by a woman no less, drove over the back end of the bike and the light was still red. The front end of the SUV actually had both front tires off the pavement a couple of inches to finally rest on top of the center and rear portions of the crotch rocket. I flipped around as he was getting up off the road to see if he needed any help. What I didn't realize was he had a tiny female passenger on the back as well. Neither one hurt, and actually both were in good spirits considering. The only thing I can figure is she pushed the gas pedal instead of the send button on her text and drove over the bike. It was a nice looking bike....keyword "was". Glad you OK, and I am sure the bike will get some needed attention. Always an adventure no matter where you go.

Todd

Thanks Todd....holeee crappo they were lucky. That happened to a couple near here but the lady on the back wasn't as lucky...she was killed.

Same Thing Happened to Me!

Hey Dan,
In 05, I had my FZR1000 parked outside behind the diner. While I was eating my breakfast, someone comes in and says, "you bike is knocked over on the ground." Similar damage. So, I understand how it looks when you first see it. Your situation is better because the crasher stayed, but my driver took off.

Even though I don't have much, I have started to stock some extra parts. Please call on me if I can help.

Jack

Re: Same Thing Happened to Me!

Hey Dan,
In 05, I had my FZR1000 parked outside behind the diner. While I was eating my breakfast, someone comes in and says, "you bike is knocked over on the ground." Similar damage. So, I understand how it looks when you first see it. Your situation is better because the crasher stayed, but my driver took off.

Even though I don't have much, I have started to stock some extra parts. Please call on me if I can help.

Jack

Thanks Jack! Yeah, it's never good when someone walks up with a concerned look on their face saying...."is that your bike out in the parking lot?"

You just know what's coming! :bang head:

Ahhh shit dude that sux.......

Wonder if something moved and is holding the vboost servo from moving freely.

So if you jump power to it and not use your mod switch it still no moves eh.....
Is there a fuse that could have blown......

If you dont hear the vboost servo cycling when you turn the key on, then it could just be something as easy as a loose/corroded connection. Check the relay since this happened to me once and just unplugging the relay terminals, cleaning them up and connecting again all was fine. Not sure if you had the relay off to begin with and placed it back on when you went to stock setup again...If so, moot point!

Good point there Dan, I had to pull all pins out and clean well first time to get v2 vboost to work correctly

Thanks Dave.

I'm going to check all that out in a couple days Rov....don't want it in a million peices when the ins. guy shows up....just dumb ol' Danny...."fuck, dude....i dunno...it was working before she hit it and now it ain't!"

After the check arrives I'll pull it all apart and fix it! Hopefully. :punk:

sounds like a whole vboost assembly won't be cheap, esp oem :)

is the insurance suppose to come by soon

take good look at that exhaust dan....even thou muffler all bent might have push the pipes over or cracked a flange or something....how's ur foot peg and brake pedal...
man this suxs.....

I have a brake pedal, too, if you need one. I forgot to ask about that earlier.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

take good look at that exhaust dan....even thou muffler all bent might have push the pipes over or cracked a flange or something....how's ur foot peg and brake pedal...
man this suxs.....

Haven't heard yet Rovic...good idea on the pipes altho I drove it home and didn't hear anything out of the ordinary like exhaust leaks or something.

Foot peg & brake are fine, couple tiny scratches on the crash bar end but I'd have to say it did it's job! :clapping:

Hell, even the scratches on the signal ends are pretty minimal....course I'll make a huge fuss about the 'collector-factor' of this classic motorcycle with the ins. adjuster....but in reality, after the check comes I may just buy something else with it....another nitrous set-up perhaps!! :hihi:

man this suxs.....
When my brother hit a deer and it dented the exhaust can they (State Farm) paid for a entire new exhaust. All told he got $1600 back for dented exhaust can, broken turn signal, and a badly cracked fairing and dealers price to install it all. We installed it all, including a full dale walker 4/1, airbox removal kit, and timing advance kit.
I hope it all works out for you BD, I've heard some insurance companies can be real cheap skates. I've never had a claim in my life so I can only go on what I hear on the street. :ummm::surprise: Yep, never had a claim.:th_signs132:

nos kit eh......hahahha like sounds of that.
but for sure when they come see your set up they can see you know what your talking about. you did spend lots of time and money bringing her back to life.

When my brother hit a deer and it dented the exhaust can they (State Farm) paid for a entire new exhaust. All told he got $1600 back for dented exhaust can, broken turn signal, and a badly cracked fairing and dealers price to install it all. We installed it all, including a full dale walker 4/1, airbox removal kit, and timing advance kit.
I hope it all works out for you BD, I've heard some insurance companies can be real cheap skates. I've never had a claim in my life so I can only go on what I hear on the street. :ummm::surprise: Yep, never had a claim.:th_signs132:

Thanks BB, I never had a claim either....totally new territory for me. She had Allstate so it remains to be seen if I'll 'be in good hands' or end up with the 'hand job'!!

nos kit eh......hahahha like sounds of that.
but for sure when they come see your set up they can see you know what your talking about. you did spend lots of time and money bringing her back to life.

Got every penny documented too but don't think that's gonna help much....:confused2:

First thing you do is shake their hand and then hand them your lawyers business card or maybe wait to here what they say first . Good luck

That's a good idea, 'cept I don't have a lawyer.........wait a minute!! My son is a lawyer, owes me big too now that I reflect back on the cost of law school! :punk:

Back