Weight of my max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
well, I was on a little ride when I got curious. I stopped by my old place of work and got my bike weighed.

• Kerker pipe w/carbon can
  • misc N2O solenoids and lines
  • braced swingarm
  • Frame braces
  • 2 full 10 oz N20 aluminum tanks
  • full tank of gas
  • Full oil and water
  • No center stand
  • Wave rotors up front
My bike weighed in at 598lbs wet. The owners manual shows 624lbs wet.
26lbs lighter, not too shabby. Different rims would help even more :)

Just weighed it yesterday at work. I work for a freight company and the Cardianal scale is calibrated every month.

570lbs full and wet

Thanks for the idea , we have scales where i work out the back but its pissing down at the mo . Will be interesting to know as its stock with mini screen and an H.A.C sissybar . Will post the weight when i do it . :punk:

Any mods? Exhaust? Centerstand? Etc?

The biggest weight loss is the Carrozzeria's. Other than that, nothing but Supertrapps, no center stand, wave rotors, lighter winkers & mirrors and a few other tid bits. Here are a few fresh pics of the newly finished faux cover. fwiw...After the accident 2 months ago, I had a hard time trying to determine what I wanted to paint on it. So I said fuggit and kept the 06-07 flame look, but made it much more realistic.

Last edited:
The biggest weight loss is the Carrozzeria's. Other than that, nothing but Supertrapps, no center stand, wave rotors, lighter winkers & mirrors and a few other tid bits. Here are a few fresh pics of the newly finished faux cover. fwiw...After the accident 2 months ago, I had a hard time trying to determine what I wanted to paint on it. So I said fuggit and kept the 06-07 flame look, but made it much more realistic.

Looks good!!!:worthy:

Please post some pics in the carrozzeria wheel thread when you get time Clay.

Sean

That bike is beautiful!!!! The wheels look awesome. How much do they run?

What are the air horns on the side of the carbs? I've never seen that before? For looks or have a function?

570 Clay? Damn! I need to get mine weighed. Mine should be even less... Now if I could take off 40 or 50 I'd be happy! lol

I weighed my bike on the scales at the dragstrip Saturday night. It weighed in at 540lbs with 1/2gal of fuel. Bike with me on it weighs 720lbs.

Bike is in close to stock trim except for the following weight reduction:

4-2-1 Kerker running straight header
Center stand removed
mirrors removed.
K&N filter system (no air box)

Other than that, bike is in stock trim.

570 Clay? Damn! I need to get mine weighed. Mine should be even less... Now if I could take off 40 or 50 I'd be happy! lol

That's what the scale read.I guess that's good?
You bet, yours should be less with the Marks full exhaust system.Hell,if any Max wants to lose weight, just remove the tail light brick. That's about 5 lbs

:worthy: beautiful clay!

hey, quick question tho, whered u get ur rear pumpkin coated? is it p/c'd?

just curious what has to be done to do it. it being gray is so ugly, and i think that'd be a cheaper option for me than p/c my whole swingarm.

maybe over the winter even work something out with morley about an exchange..

I weighed my bike on the scales at the dragstrip Saturday night. It weighed in at 540lbs with 1/2gal of fuel. Bike with me on it weighs 720lbs.

Bike is in close to stock trim except for the following weight reduction:

4-2-1 Kerker running straight header
Center stand removed
mirrors removed.
K&N filter system (no air box)

Other than that, bike is in stock trim.

Either scales are off or you've left several heavy items off your list of weight reduction

:worthy: beautiful clay!

hey, quick question tho, whered u get ur rear pumpkin coated? is it p/c'd?

just curious what has to be done to do it. it being gray is so ugly, and i think that'd be a cheaper option for me than p/c my whole swingarm.

maybe over the winter even work something out with morley about an exchange..

I agree. I'm pretty sure the final drive could be p/c without seal damage? I opted the cheap and easy way for now. Remove,sand,prime and paint with Dupli-color high temp paint. With the heat it transfers the paint is solid now.

I agree. I'm pretty sure the final drive could be p/c without seal damage? I opted the cheap and easy way for now. Remove,sand,prime and paint with Dupli-color high temp paint. With the heat it transfers the paint is solid now.

ah so u rattle cann'd it yourself eh?

KJ, yours is rattle cann'd? your whole swingarm isn't tho right?

yours is actually what i'd love mien to look like.

Everything is, even the belly pan. Well sorta. I got impatient and changed my mind about powdercoating my swingarm and diff. So I prepped them and painted them with duplicolor.

The bellypan I prepped then went to my local paint supplier and had them mix me up gloss black paint and clear and put it in a couple of aerosol cans and then I painted then finished it at the house. Then when it was good and dry I took it to the graphics shop, that did the graphics I used to have on my tank, cover the front in a clear anti-chip film.

So far no chips, dings or anything.

Either scales are off or you've left several heavy items off your list of weight reduction

Nothing else on the bike has been removed or lighter parts put on.

The scale was at an NRHA track, but maybe it wasnt calibrated before I got on it. Kind of odd being off since there was a Super Stock Combo race going on too. I'm going to try it again next time I'm there.

What's most Max's weighing in at 560-580?

Latest posts

Back