What a Crowd!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurr

Reaction score
I've been sick the last few days and moping around the house. That has given me time to get caught up on my forum reading, both here and elsewhere. One thing that strikes me about this forum is how remarkably little b!iching or backbiting there is. Just a great group of guys with great advice and a sense of camaraderie.

With a few remarkable exceptions there really is no bad blood. I mean a single thread can run ten, twenty, or more pages without descending into flame wars or name calling. That's pretty amazing.

I lub you guys.
:rockon00:

\

With a few remarkable exceptions there really is no bad blood. I mean a single thread can run ten, twenty, or more pages without descending into flame wars or name calling. That's pretty amazing.

I lub you guys.

We 'lub' you too bro :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Indeed tho, most other fora I've seen are full of nonsense with people having their lil' flame wars, and they are soooooooo boring.

Thas' why VmaxForum rox. Yea! :worthy:

I Agree!!!

I've been a member in allot of other Bike related forums, This is by far the best one I've joined!

Sure we got some characters here but the kooks, asphats and trolls that destroy the other sites seem to be absent here which is probably due to having good Moderators, keep up the good work guys!

I am very thankful for the assistance, technical advice , mutual respect, humor and creative ideas you all seem to offer freely.

Thank you for allowing me in.

*big bro-hug for everyone*

As pretty much anyone here will tell you, VMF is a diamond in the rough among internet communities. I've been on a lot of forums and this is far and away the most helpful and friendliest place.

There's forums where nobody on it has any idea what they're talking about, there's no "guru's" like Sean around, so the first time you post with an even quasi-technical question you don't get a single response, or maybe one person taking a wild guess. There's forums where every thread eventually turns into an imaginary pissing contest over some trivial detail, and there's forums where the "established" members have a major superiority complex over new ones....very snotty.

None of that here. Just going around reading stickies is a treasure trove of info.

Seriously....the info on this site would easily fill an "unofficial" service manual for the Vmax....all the tips and tricks, picture tutorials, ect, that Yamaha "forgot" in theirs.

I like it here too but I wonder if it's because Vmax owners are predominately older opposed to thousand of know it all testosterone filled twenty somethings. I don't go to other bike sites cause I'm happy here!

I like it here too but I wonder if it's because Vmax owners are predominately older opposed to thousand of know it all testosterone filled twenty somethings. I don't go to other bike sites cause I'm happy here!

Did I read that right, Are you calling me old and without testosterone?:damn angry: them would be fighting words..............................................:ummm:.if I was twenty years younger:bang head::bang head::bang head:

The bike commands the respect that were all willing to give each other.............if that makes any sence:ummm: you see a guy ride up on a , lets say ........any other bike and yeah thats cool they ride, but some one rides up on a vmax and for the most part ..........YEAH, THEY RIDE!

Well said by everyone! A great forum with a treasure trove of information. Thanks to Buster for starting it and keeping it "kickin"!

Hey! Im not an old fogey. :biglaugh:

I'm a F.O.G. and Damn Happy to still be Alive...... Death will have to catch up to me before it'll win... Fat Chance with the bike's I have.:rofl_200:

And yes. Every one here is great. My post count shows how much fun I have here...

Whilst I always attempt to tame down my Aussie arrogance and off the wall idea's, I often fail.
It therefore impresses me that no-one has said anything negative to me at all on this forum!

*sob* I lub you guys too! :th_drink:

hey! i'm in that category!

I know our average age is in the high 40's ( Ninganeer did the number crunch a while back) but we have quite a few "youngsters" that add a lot of information and energy to VMF! They may be "know it all testosterone filled twenty somethings" but we love like they were are own children, this place wouldn't be the same without them!
VMF ROCKS!:punk:

Just a great group of guys with great advice and a sense of camaraderie.

I lub you guys.

+100

Oh, and thank you for calling ME a remarkable exception.......... by 'bad blood' you gotta be talking about the coumadin I'm taking.... right?....I think... :ummm: :biglaugh:

:blahblah:I'll never tell...

to be honest writing it out I didn't have that part about exceptions, but when I re-read it, I realized that I myself had been in a fairly heated thread over patriotism (my not having any). Also, I felt it had too much of a lovey dovey feel with out allowing for some hissy fits. Kinda made my short hairs stand up.

telling you I lub you didn't

I own that and am seeking treatment.

Coumadin=rat poison, just a lower dose. Is it working? People w/atrial fibrillation as a cardiac rhythm use it to prevent blood clots to reduce the likelihood of strokes (CVA's), heart attacks, and pulmonary emboli from forming.
http://www.ratfink.com/rat-fink-art.php

+100

Oh, and thank you for calling ME a remarkable exception.......... by 'bad blood' you gotta be talking about the coumadin I'm taking.... right?....I think... :ummm: :biglaugh:

Attachments

• rat-fink.gif
    rat-fink.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
I know our average age is in the high 40's ( Ninganeer did the number crunch a while back) but we have quite a few "youngsters" that add a lot of information and energy to VMF! They may be "know it all testosterone filled twenty somethings" but we love like they were are own children, this place wouldn't be the same without them!
VMF ROCKS!:punk:

If our average age is in the high 40's, I guess that makes me way-y-y-y above average. Thanks a lot - - - I think.:ummm: No, wait . . . :rofl_200:

Coumadin=rat poison, just a lower dose. Is it working? People w/atrial fibrillation as a cardiac rhythm use it to prevent blood clots to reduce the likelihood of strokes (CVA's), heart attacks, and pulmonary emboli from forming.
http://www.ratfink.com/rat-fink-art.php

The Doc told me I suffer from an inherited condition called "mutated factor 5 deficiency", (or something like that) aka: prone to spontaneous blood clots. I ain't dead from a blood clot yet, so I guess it's working. :ummm: On the bright side, not only is it a cheap, cheap med to buy, but if the pharmacy is out of stock on it, all I gotta do is drop by the bug spray isle of Walmart, pick up some Decon, and munch away. :biglaugh:

Back