What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open...............................

Well I didnt warm up the bike at the house since it would wake up the neighborhood. I ususally choke start her and ride it out of the neighborhood. I just kept it running on choke until it warms up. I was about 1/8-1/4" up off the C marker. I run waterwetter in the radiator that can attribute to keeping it cooler. Plus at 47degrees, the engines mighty cold!

finished pounding in the wheel bearings and swingarm bearings. one of the swingarm bearings caught some of the residual powder on the inside so spent 1/2 hour re packing it again and again to force the crud out. seems 95% now.

ended up (as per seans suggestion) just puttingin the bearing, seal side out. however one thing to note, is DON"T PUT THE BALL BEARING IN THE REAR WHEEL FIRST, you can't get the spacer in. so i hadda pull it again, and put the needle one in first so i could put the spacer and collar in.

should be all set now! ugh. the needle bearing isn't spinning very well yet, i think its just wicked packed with grease and needs to loosen up is all though.

just gotta pull my rear wheel, attach the rotor, pull the front wheel and another buddyes rear wheel and they're all off to get mounted up!

Well I was able to finally route the wires that had been hanging down from the bottom of the bike for the last 2 years. I had finally had a little bit of time to work on my bike. Installed some of my own coil conversion harnesses. Looked at my horn and did a test on it to see if it worked before re-installing it. Found out that it didn't work worth crud , so I had a nice Venture chrome horn I had installed. I hope that I will have time to work on it again this next weekend.

made some big changes. no sharing until i got a few bugs worked out tho.

also oddly enough had a starter issue this morning. almost sounded like the starter was just free-spinning. i tried maybe 4 times, 2-3 seconds on the starter, finally the 4th time it grabbed long enough for it to catch, but hoping that doesn't happen again. no box of rocks or anything.. i gotta keep an eye on it i guess.

went ahead a did a hole host of things last weekend. shift segment, DD mod( traffic with frozen hands and winter gloves is a bad thing with this mod) COP's, red led lights in interments, clean the hell out of the bike. fat max belly pan install, not finished or painted properly yet but just rattle can for now will do over winter. rebuild the clutch master( didnt have to drain any fluid or bleed, works perfectly) chg rear brake fluid, was blacker then a bbq hahaha im sure there was more i have to think about it.

went ahead a did a hole host of things last weekend. shift segment, DD mod( traffic with frozen hands and winter gloves is a bad thing with this mod) COP's, red led lights in interments, clean the hell out of the bike. fat max belly pan install, not finished or painted properly yet but just rattle can for now will do over winter. rebuild the clutch master( didnt have to drain any fluid or bleed, works perfectly) chg rear brake fluid, was blacker then a bbq hahaha im sure there was more i have to think about it.

Is that. ALL you did?

hahah Nope was just about to write the best part man.......

I installed my Newly experimental MAXGASSER ohhh ya what a great looking seat. still scratching my head on the choices of fabric rick offers, soo many great looks.

thanks again Rick will be calling you here later today or tomorrow to brain storm a little on it. after almost 400 miles on it i have a good idea where i need it chg'd to fit better

The leaves are starting to fall and early morning temperatures are around 35*. So, time to start thinking of winterizing. I will be washing the bike for the 4th time this year!

baaaa 35, lots of time man. it was 33 yesterday driving and snow on the ski hills around lake placid, perfect weather for a ride. got lots of time dont give up just yet..........

still working out the kinks, but just about done. sneak preview.

Attachments

• 2010-10-20 17.35.04.jpg
    2010-10-20 17.35.04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 35
ohhh yaaa sweet, looks mean already......cant wait to see it do a burnout at BR2011

Danny ,check out the "chicken scratch",hes had it out. How it feel Garret?

Latest posts

Back