What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok cool man, well sounds like we are off on leg one of the trip........talk to ya from another time one hahahah

cleaned up some of my wiring--cut out folded up lines, rerouted rats nests. replaced cheesy sections wire orginization sleeving with a single long length of wiring wrap

Make sure the pads are retracting and the rotor is not rubbing on the inside of the caliper. Due to production tolerances this sometimes requires having to grind a little on the inside of the caliper. I am saying for my adapters though and these look like Kyles (though pretty much identical).

Sean....thanks for the tip....yes, the left rotor is rubbing on the caliper pretty bad.
I guess I gotta take em off and dig out the file.

Well Just bought mine,it has been sitting outdoors for about a year and a half so I'm finding critters galore in it.Pulled off the false tank cover to discover a HUGE waspnest with a few dormant wasps on it,I've also discovered & killed 3 black widows so far,the last one I found yesterday.Pulled the dead battery out after attempting to charge it only to discover three dry cells,filled with water but I think it's new battery time.Tented and bug bombed the Max with no seat or panels on so I won't have any more surprises as I attempt to clean out all of the spiderwebs. I still have to remove the radiator and clean out webs and crabgrass.I also drained the fuel out of the tank which wasn't too bad and the inside of the tank looked shiny so that is a plus, no rust.This particular bike had been sitting outside uncovered in a trailer park for the past years which is unfitting treatment for a bike like this and the weather and uv have somewhat taken it's toll.Another year outdoors and I'd say it would have been a good parts doner .....

Well it's officially that time of the year. Went for the last little ride of the year on both bike. Filled up with fuel and added Seafoam in them, changed the oil and filters. Drained the gas out carbs, changed the antifreeze in the Max.

That's as far as I got for today. Next, a good cleaning, plug in the battery tenders and put the covers on them.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'll be forgetting about them till spring. Hell no, it's MOD season!

Mike

Spring for the $$ & do yourself a favor, buy a Ballistic battery, lose 5 lbs compared to any other, and nearly double the cold-cranking amps! That's 410 CCA! You won't be replacing your battery every other riding season, your electrics will have plenty of friendly little muscular electrons zipping thru your copper wires, starting will be easier, etc. Reddy Kilowatt will be your riding partner!
th

Since it's been sitting, you probably want to inspect all the wiring connections and clean/repair them as-required. This is what I have done to my connectors when I found them somewhat corroded, I used a soda blaster to clean them, it won't hurt the nylon blocks unless they are ready to turn to dust, See Gannon on here for some new nylon electrical blocks, if needed, a great benefactor to the site and cottage-industry supplier of desireable COPS kits to upgrade your ignition, if he ever finds a new resistor supplier.

Yes, you can but probably two cheap lead-acid batteries for the price of a Ballistic, but the two combined will not last as-long as the lithium-ion battery!

Members 1) CaptainKyle and 2) Sean Morley of Morley's Muscle can both supply the battery, PM them for info.

Well Just bought mine,it has been sitting outdoors for about a year and a half so I'm finding critters galore in it.Pulled off the false tank cover to discover a HUGE waspnest with a few dormant wasps on it,I've also discovered & killed 3 black widows so far,the last one I found yesterday.Pulled the dead battery out after attempting to charge it only to discover three dry cells,filled with water but I think it's new battery time.Tented and bug bombed the Max with no seat or panels on so I won't have any more surprises as I attempt to clean out all of the spiderwebs. I still have to remove the radiator and clean out webs and crabgrass.I also drained the fuel out of the tank which wasn't too bad and the inside of the tank looked shiny so that is a plus, no rust.This particular bike had been sitting outside uncovered in a trailer park for the past years which is unfitting treatment for a bike like this and the weather and uv have somewhat taken it's toll.Another year outdoors and I'd say it would have been a good parts doner .....

Made a forty five minute ride in twenty five minutes, it was chilly and I wanted to see if my adrenaline method of keeping warm still worked ......... It does!

The Gen II doesn't have a throttle , it has a speed dial, just turn it until your at the speed you want. From 80 to 130 like you just can't belive.

Went for a pre turkey week burn today. 2hrs and had a blast. Forgot how cold the ground is. Went to crank a wheelie and fried the tire off :biglaugh:

Started working on my latest bikesponsors.com video.

Yesterday I had an impulse thought yesterday, while taking a pharmacology exam. So I hurried up and finished the test and sketched out plans for an adjustable jig that holds everything nice and snug for stretching a swingarm. The marked settings will be Stock length for just bracing, +3", +6" and +8". When I get done with classes today, it will be time to pull measurements from the swingarm then fire up AutoCAD and redo the sketches in a proper scale.

After driving to fairmont wv and back this morning, I stopped at home and rode the vmax to the office. Took off a little early and did a little cruise after work

Took a break from the studys and finished up on a very simple nitrous controller.
It's designed to be an entry level unit to be mated up with the system I'm working on.

It doesn't act like other controllers. It's more of a limiter, What it does is back down the power (it still pulses the solenoids like other controllers). So if your running a 50, 60, 80 shot or so and the track can't handle it, just back down the dial until your bike behaves the way you want it. There isn't any ramp up timers, or delay timers. I'm trying to keep it inexpensive, as in under $80, is the goal.

It works like it should on the bench. Come summertime, like the nitrous system, it will be installed and "real world" tested on the archangel before it becomes available to the public.

limiter.jpg

Started fitting my prog springs then realised 1L of oil wouldn't do it DOH! So I did only one side 'til I can go to the shops tomorrow and get more.. grrr

Also had Max over and we fitted an electronic flasher relay to his '89, now his LED blinkers flash properly! Also realised that the original blinker relay must stay hooked in (minus the two brown wires) or the bike won't start!

my internally-lowered front end felt squirrelly after i bolted on the 11.5" 418s a few weekends ago. so i raised the forks half an inch up the tree to level out the bike.

moved the vboost control unit and its servo motor into engine compartment to make room for this Shindengen FH010BA R/R. So far am very happy. At cold idle, I measured ~14.4ish volts. Flipped on my driving lights and still had ~14.4ish volts. :punk: The FSU/UF and Auburn/Bama games started so I didn't get a chance to get any warm measurements. But I am very very pleased, and if all of what I've read has any merit, then I should be still pleased with my warm idle numbers. :eusa_dance:

533900_4476740474012_489048582_n.jpg

Got the controller boxed up. Working on a few different decal designs for it. This one is only temporary. Also started working on an instruction sheet. Summertime road testing in a few months, Then it's deal with lawyers time and liability stuff.

p1040105j.jpg

Back