What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was bound to happen to me sometime. Some genius hit my bike. It was parked in a space and someone didn't see it, they were also nice enough to just leave without saying anything (jerk).

Damage didn't look too bad, but it's really too dark to tell. I know my Oberon mirror is crushed, my clutch lever is now curled back, and my shifter has been bent in.

.:sigh:.

Well it was bound to happen to me sometime. Some genius hit my bike. It was parked in a space and someone didn't see it, they were also nice enough to just leave without saying anything (jerk).

Damage didn't look too bad, but it's really too dark to tell. I know my Oberon mirror is crushed, my clutch lever is now curled back, and my shifter has been bent in.

Man, that sucks. Hope you get it fixed up, soon.

And the shitweed just drove off....eh? Bastard oughta be shot with a ball of his own shit!! :gun shoot:

Bastards, man that sucks. any chance of a video camera on a building that caught it on tape???

I've had two separate cars backed into by some anonymous bastards who didn't bother to say anything or leave a note. Great big dents. One on the tailgate of my truck, the other in the rear door of our minivan.

Who the hell does that anyway. Ugh.

i have never seen that. wow.

I never saw it either....and the idiot figured they'd just slide on out of there and kinda forget it ever happened!!

Gotta say tho, that little Beemer is a pretty tough machine, might have to grab one of them for the next demolition derby!! :rofl_200:

Hey, the one on the vid's prolly for sale....bet that asshole isn't gonna be drivin' it for awhile!! :clapping:

Bastards, man that sucks. any chance of a video camera on a building that caught it on tape???

Nope no camera, there are tire marks in the snow so I've been comparing tread patterns with the neighbors.

All I know is I should have had a lower deductible :(

Anyone have a good recommendation for replacement parts?

I dreamed about my Max last night..

She's been parked up since November and I won't get my first 2010 ride until April at least, boohoo!

OTEC? do u have a pic?
The Otec cap is just a machined cover that slides over the breather. Jim told me that he had to destroy the factory breather to install his small filter but that it wasn't hard to install. The filter looks great and gives it that high performance modded look. :punk:

OTEC? do u have a pic?

Garrett, I have the OTEC differential breather cover on Toxic. Will be taking a bunch of pics in the next few days as I assemble the bike and will make sure I get one posted. It really isnt anything to write home about and actually is just a cover that you slip over your stock breather and hold in place with a dab of silicone on the inside of it.

Last night I installed my new headlight, finished painting the engine, reinstalled the front wheel, started wiring in bar end blinkers, installed the water pump and clutch clear covers, installed the clear inserts into the middle gear cover and stator cover (they go on tomorrow:biglaugh: ), and put the final primer coat on the new body panels. Will be painting Sunday and hopefully installing mid week. Almost done!!!!!!

The Otec cap is just a machined cover that slides over the breather. Jim told me that he had to destroy the factory breather to install his small filter but that it wasn't hard to install. The filter looks great and gives it that high performance modded look. :punk:

Yep, I had the filter for 2 years, but went back to the stock breather with the OTEC cover. After losing a couple of the filters and getting water in my differential oil a few times I decided to make the change.

Latest posts

Back