What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heads got a 0.005" surfacing, so not really a big difference in comp. ratio I assume, but a better seal to keep gases where they are & where they need to go. I thought about doing better head components, but my shop owner, Steve, at Under Pressure, Dania Beach FL said, "just put it back to stock for now, w/the ignition and carb/exhaust work, you should be happy, and it should be reliable. You can always go hotter in the future if you wish but that will cost $$$."

He did one awhile ago where the guy dropped $13K on Suzuki valvetrain components, huge pistons, valves, lots of machine work, etc. It beat-up another guy's supercharged VMax he also built. Oh, and that was w/o the nitrous he also installed, but the guy who owns it is afraid to use it. Steve rode it after the build (of-course) and as an 'all-motor' build, he said it's the wildest VMax he's done, torque just everywhere and big HP!

The 3-angle valve job, just for the machine work, was about $15.62 a cut (3 cuts x 16 valves x $15.62 =?). The bill was about $1.5K before tax, w/new valve cover gaskets, some misc. seals, other gaskets, plugs, oil, filter, labor. I removed & installed the engine to save some $. He tuned it after I got it all back together too. It starts instantly & has that "V-8" rumble we all love. The UFO 4/1 is a bit anti-social though, short-shift around any cops, and never let them get to your right and sit there, because you are gonna have a conversation once the light changes, even short-shifting. They will be giving you a 'blue-light invite' to chat once they get an earful!

Matter of fact, I am gonna go for a ride right now! See ya!

Here are shots of the 1500cc + build w/the Suzuki shim-under bucket conversion & hot cams.

Attachments

• NOS VMax.jpg
    NOS VMax.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 32
  • big valves.jpg
    big valves.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 30
  • cyl bores 1500 cc.jpg
    cyl bores 1500 cc.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Flatslide carbs L side.jpg
    Flatslide carbs L side.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 30
  • pistons.2.jpg
    pistons.2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • pistons.1.jpg
    pistons.1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 29
Well not the max but I painted the Magna today. These pictures suck off the phone in the shop tonight. I will get some goood pictures tomorrow in the sunlight with a real camera.

Attachments

• magna & chain drive 019.jpg
    magna & chain drive 019.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 16
  • magna & chain drive 013.jpg
    magna & chain drive 013.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 14
  • magna & chain drive 020.jpg
    magna & chain drive 020.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 16
  • magna & chain drive 023.jpg
    magna & chain drive 023.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 16
  • magna & chain drive 024.jpg
    magna & chain drive 024.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 15
  • magna & chain drive 025.jpg
    magna & chain drive 025.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 17
Well not the max but I painted the Magna today. These pictures suck off the phone in the shop tonight. I will get some goood pictures tomorrow in the sunlight with a real camera.

Still looks gorgeous Kyle, on a Magna that color will look awesome!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Leak-down tested searching for my missing mpg... Spark plugs are next if I can find a place that stocks them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well if the rest of my parts come today I will be installing a new volt meter,handlebars & riser,carb boots,main jets, & couple other parts can't remember what I have coming. Then add fuel & hear her purrr .

Well if the rest of my parts come today I will be installing a new volt meter,handlebars & riser,carb boots,main jets, & couple other parts can't remember what I have coming. Then add fuel & hear her purrr .

why do you need a voltmeter. u have ecliptech right?

CBR tail light mod yesterday, new marks 4:2 exhaust and rear venom rubber today.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hit a whopping 42 degrees here. Took it out for 5 mile spin. Front felt very solid with new progressive's and lowered. CBR tail light stayed in place. Tried to see if the ecliptic shift light matched factory tach while driving. Probably not the best idea i've had:eusa_dance:

Bought a set of those little oval turn signals to replace the stockers. I had to move them to the license plate light to get the saddlebags mounted, and the stock ones looked awful hanging out in the breeze. These little ones are genuine fake carbon fiber, and use regular light bulbs - I wont have to mess around with load resistors to make them flash at a normal rate.....

I got 4 of them for $8.99 shipped, so I'm really not expecting anything great, but they'll do to get the bike to Thunder with the bags on. Not sure if I'm gonna put the fronts on. I only use the fronts as signals - the running lights are not connected, so these would plug right in.

Anyone use these lights? Got 'em on EBay.

Bought a set of those little oval turn signals to replace the stockers. I had to move them to the license plate light to get the saddlebags mounted, and the stock ones looked awful hanging out in the breeze. These little ones are genuine fake carbon fiber, and use regular light bulbs - I wont have to mess around with load resistors to make them flash at a normal rate.....

I got 4 of them for $8.99 shipped, so I'm really not expecting anything great, but they'll do to get the bike to Thunder with the bags on. Not sure if I'm gonna put the fronts on. I only use the fronts as signals - the running lights are not connected, so these would plug right in.

Anyone use these lights? Got 'em on EBay.
I Bought these last fall:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-Four-Ch...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5aeee43fc6
They are probably very similar to what you bought, they also use regualr bulbs.
So far they work great.

Dennis: Pretty close... Little lightweight plastic signals. Those stock ones were gonna vibrate the rear inner fender into a stress crack if I used them.

Back in 1987 I had the lights mounted back there to allow mounting of a set of bags. The inner fender did crack. Had it braced and welded right away, but they shook like crazy!

started cutting & buffing the Magna today & reassembling. Got a good picture of my max reflecting out of the Magna.

Attachments

• More Magna 006.jpg
    More Magna 006.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 23
  • More Magna 020.jpg
    More Magna 020.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23
  • More Magna 021.jpg
    More Magna 021.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 25
New Shinkos front and rear. First set ever....MAJOR difference.

Attachments

• P1000014.jpg
    P1000014.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000015.jpg
    P1000015.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000016.jpg
    P1000016.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000018.jpg
    P1000018.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17
7uvusune.jpg
Put on the speed bleeders and new bolts for the mufflers and side covers and put the on the new starter cable? Will be on the road this weekend after the long long restoration

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362798032562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362798032562.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362798050925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362798050925.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
Installed my jets,boots,volt meter & fired her up. She puurs again .I'm happy she runs as good seeing this is my first vmax carb rebuild. It got late so tomorow I will fine tune the carbs & take for a spin around the block.

Latest posts

Back