What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed Kuryakyn Mini Dagger pegs on Woona. Then took her for a short ride... gonna take her back out in a bit and maybe get a bite to eat somewhere. Give her something to drink as well, and ride some more.

I got a FH011AA mosfet R/R from a YZF-R1 (RN12 2004-2006) this has bigger cooling fins than the later versions FH012AA

The only place that had enough room for it was under the seat where my rear coils were (I have COPs now) so I cut off the tabs on the bracket over the battery and bolted the R/R to it. Problem is the seat has a 45° slope underneath so I had to trim the back fins to get it snug.
attachment.php

Wiring was simple, spade connectors soildered directly to the R/R.
3 from alternator and 2 for positive & negative (not connected in the pic above yet)

The starter solenoid is the only thing without a proper home at the moment, I might move it just behind the fuel pump when I get the right size cables

If you google the part number 3P250WP-QLW you can find the seller on ebay for around $22.00 plus shipping.
Water proof connector then just soder the wires to the pins.

I gave Woona a kiss before I got in the truck to go on a fishing trip.
(is it weird that if I could get it through the doors, I would take my bike to bed with me?)

I don't see a problem here :confused2: :eusa_dance:

I put the licence plate on it, I can ride it now lol
To bad it's teaming down with rain here :(

I put in some progressive springs, took it out for a test ride and loved it!!! Then put on a set of pre load adjusters. I have the adjusters set at about 1/2 an inch of preload dampening. The bike feels VERY solid and stable.

LOL..as a side not...now when I get on it...the oil like will only flicker like a turn signal instead of stay on constantly.

Attachments

• IMAG0665.jpg
    IMAG0665.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0666.jpg
    IMAG0666.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0667.jpg
    IMAG0667.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 16
I put in some progressive springs, took it out for a test ride and loved it!!! Then put on a set of pre load adjusters. I have the adjusters set at about 1/2 an inch of preload dampening. The bike feels VERY solid and stable.

LOL..as a side not...now when I get on it...the oil like will only flicker like a turn signal instead of stay on constantly.

Those preload adjusters, those do away with having to use air to adjust the preload?

Those preload adjusters, those do away with having to use air to adjust the preload?

I had put in progressive springs first, and that does away with using the air system on the vmax. When you sit on the Vmax, the amount that the forks compress is the preload. These just (depending on how far in you adjust them) will take away that amout that the bike moves when you sit on it. I have mine at approximately 1/2 an inch, so the forks will still work when encountering bumps, but the bike is more stable and solid IMHO.

it's better to change the seal in same time when you change the fork springs ??

I had put in progressive springs first, and that does away with using the air system on the vmax. When you sit on the Vmax, the amount that the forks compress is the preload. These just (depending on how far in you adjust them) will take away that amout that the bike moves when you sit on it. I have mine at approximately 1/2 an inch, so the forks will still work when encountering bumps, but the bike is more stable and solid IMHO.

Be nice if someone made a kit to make these forks adjustable for compression and rebound as well as preload...

Was thinking about some new headlights. Then I decided to go a little more streetfighter and go with a mask.
I'm going to use one of my headlights for the mask, I'm planning on keeping one of them in case something goes wrong and I need a headlight.
I'm going to pull the trigger on a hard faced mask and modify the eyes to be a cyclops so I may use the the other headlight.
Here is what it will look like after modification and air-brushing some damage.

maskjf.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Love how you say your keeping old obes so you PM box doesn't get flooded with I will buy them emails lol. But I wish it wasn't so much to ship up there I didn't know you airbrushed!! I wanted a cool reaper skull on my faux cover one of these days!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Be nice if someone made a kit to make these forks adjustable for compression and rebound as well as preload...
The fork preload adjusters that Jedi makes and Sean sells get you part way there with your stock setup. Add in some Race Tech gold emulators or Ricor Intiminators gives you a measure adjustability for compression/ rebound albeit more difficult to make adjustments.
My feeling is that I do not do track days that I'm going to need a infinitely adjustable setup for the type of riding this bike is going to do. I can always spend the money to go with a sportbike frontend and may do that at some point but it will be more about the look I think than trying to achieve a sportbike like ability.

Latest posts

Back