What the heck is this thing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
The thing that looks like a miniature cheese cake? :confused2:

At the end of the coiled gray wire there's a tiny box that looks like it may have been a switch box. Is this a T-boost set-up?

Attachments

• 100_3036.jpg
    100_3036.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_3037.jpg
    100_3037.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_3040.jpg
    100_3040.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 102
Are you sure that ain't some sort of an old alarm system? I had one similar on my old XS1100 wired to a switch I hid behind the left side cover. Had to unlock & remove the side cover w/o moving the bike so as to not activate the motion switch puck.

The thing that looks like a miniature cheese cake? :confused2:

I do not have anything of value to input here..but I DO like cheesecake..which is what I thought this was gonna be about.
:biglaugh:

Dale Walker "auto boost" unit. Same as the tboost but normally with a switch. He made 2 diff versions. One was boost off/on and the other was a three position switch. I think I have 2 of them for sale right now.

Sean

ill bet you have the carbs off by now:biglaugh:

Oh yes!! And in a few dozen pieces! The bike seems to pull unusually hard, I was expecting to find some goodies but e'thing appears oem, I can't even see any signs that these have ever been apart. :clapping:

I do not have anything of value to input here..but I DO like cheesecake..which is what I thought this was gonna be about.
:biglaugh:

I know!! I got a little hungry just looking at it! :drool:

Dale Walker "auto boost" unit. Same as the tboost but normally with a switch. He made 2 diff versions. One was boost off/on and the other was a three position switch. I think I have 2 of them for sale right now.

Sean

What's left of the switch had 3 wires going to it so probly the on/off version, eh?
The boost won't cycle when the key is turned on if the switch got broken in the 'on' position, right? Don't have it plated yet so I don't dare take it out on the blacktop to check....the small section of pavement on our backroad isn't anywhere near long enough to support a v-boost test! :surprise:

Mine looked just like that, except it was black instead of "cheesecake" color. Had a 3 wire switch, which was 3k, off, and 6k.

The 3k stopped working shortly after I got the bike. Didn't really care.

Mine looked just like that, except it was black instead of "cheesecake" color. Had a 3 wire switch, which was 3k, off, and 6k.

Yeah, that makes sense....a new 3 position switch and this could probly be operational.

unless thats some kind of old tboost, mines not like that at all......maybe alarm........tred carefully....

unless thats some kind of old tboost, mines not like that at all......maybe alarm........tred carefully....

There's something written on the cheesecake thing but it's very hard to make out, but looks something like this:

10 sec s-lf d-stru-t

Ya think it's anything important? :confused2:

Look at the pics of the units I have posted in the sale sections and you'll see it's the same. The units even came with velcro and instructions to put them on in the exact are you have pictured.

There's something written on the cheesecake thing but it's very hard to make out, but looks something like this:

10 sec s-lf d-stru-t

:punk::punk::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

10 sec s-lf d-stru-t

Just make sure all women, small children, and pets are a safe distance away before trying it for the first time, ya know, just to be safe.:biglaugh:

Look at the pics of the units I have posted in the sale sections and you'll see it's the same. The units even came with velcro and instructions to put them on in the exact are you have pictured.

Sean, I looked in the 'Parts for Sale' section but didn't see them....what page are they on?

Same here.

Back