What's the most weight you've shaved off your bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Just curious. Mod monkeys chime in. The Max is pig heavy. Just wondering what's the max weight savings that has been achieved on the gen 1?

Just curious. Mod monkeys chime in. The Max is pig heavy. Just wondering what's the max weight savings that has been achieved on the gen 1?

I just switched out the stock exhaust for supertrapps. I don't know the exact weight loss..but that stock exhaust is heavy. I'd say I lost 20lbs. New rims would be another pretty serious weight reduction.....

I changed out the factory wheels with Carrozerrias and ditched the stock exhaust system for a kerker 4into 1. I also replaced all the body work from the riders seat back including the bracketry. I'd guess about 50lbs total.

For some reason my bike went a lot better after I dumped my GF:confused2:

Attachments

• FatChick.jpg
    FatChick.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 23
Lopped of ~35 lbs with removing stock exhaust/ rotors/ center stand/ tail light/ turn signals.
Oh I may have lost a few lbs going from factory case guards (steel) to smaller billet aluminum sliders today.:eusa_dance:

I changed out the factory wheels with Carrozerrias and ditched the stock exhaust system for a kerker 4into 1. I also replaced all the body work from the riders seat back including the bracketry. I'd guess about 50lbs total.

Bump.

50lbs is a lot. Anyone get more than 50lbs?

I'd be more curious to know why people thought it was so important to lose 20-30lbs? I mean unless you are a serious contender at the strip what's the point:ummm:

My thinking was, how much weight is it possible to lose on the Max? For example, wheels, exhaust, grab bar, handle bars, mirrors, swingarm, shaft, etc... but you still have the weight of the frame and engine. I suppose you could even shave more weight by changing engine covers...

But it seems like there is a ton of room for shaving weight. One could go with plastic mirrors and even a lighter/smaller battery?

Lets say we are eliminating/replacing the following:
rims
swingarm - custom
shaft drive - with chain
handle bars - something lighter?
mirrors - plastic
center stand - gone
rear seat grab bar - gone
air scoops - plastic or fiberglass?
speedo - digital unit with no speedo cable, just sensors
exhaust - replace with lighter aftermarket 4-1?

How much weight loss would we end up with now?

There was a bike built years ago with custom frame and this very thread in mind. I don't remember the name at the moment but want to say German builder and starts with a K

For some reason my bike went a lot better after I dumped my GF:confused2:

What's really scary is that's a duffel bag around her neck... :rofl_200:

I binned the stock wheels for Carrozeria's and have marks exhaust which lightened the load some. Unfortunately I am a fat ass so the bike is SLOW!

Chris

There was a bike built years ago with custom frame and this very thread in mind. I don't remember the name at the moment but want to say German builder and starts with a K

Kainzinger 1680 ? http://www.tuningcompany.de/unternehmen/kainzingerconceptbikes/1680vfource/index.html

Not bad. (understatement) Nearly a Gen II :worthy:

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/06/12/kainzinger-vmax-v-fource-1680/

Full custom frame is available from http://www.steelheart-engineering.com/vmaxkit/03.htm

That's the one. Hands down the winner of the weight loss wars.

Sean

Hey Sean. One of the Steelheart frames used as the base for a 1500 motor running the EFI setups the guys are working on would be a serious performer.

Steelheart does shaft and chain drive version. http://www.steelheart-engineering.com/vmaxkit/03.htm (I'd be more comfortable if the frame was fitted with an underside frame brace thought)

They are not cheap frames to use as a starting point BUT as a bang for buck build this combo of parts would be one hell of a bike.:clapping:

Latest posts

Back