18" wheels again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

when woudl the front wheel adapters become available? would notches have to be machined out for the speedo? would we also need specific bearings/spacer?

Sean I may inquire to you about ultima front wheel prices.

Steve,

when woudl the front wheel adapters become available? would notches have to be machined out for the speedo? would we also need specific bearings/spacer?

Sean I may inquire to you about ultima front wheel prices.

As soon as someone pulls the trigger and says yes I want one, I'll get into action and do it.
Once the first order fronts or rears I only need to take measurements one time only and thereafter just send the bits to Sean for supply.
Don't expect any real drama for the speedo at this stage, although mine was setup for my Harley front end I did manage to adapt the stock speedo drive before deciding to use a digital speedo, which btw is just a cheapo bicycle unit which works awesome:eusa_dance:

Will need to wait for Jedi to answer that. A single rotor will work as long as the rotor diameter is large enough and there is enough pad. I think a 320mm rotor with 6 piston caliper will stop pretty well compared to the 93-07 setups (298mm and 4 piston) and I am confident that it's better then the 92 and older setups (using 2 piston and 282mm rotors). Your forks will already have the mounts for the second caliper so as long as the adapter hubs have provisions then a second rotor should be no problem.

The goal is to provide a bolt on upgrade.

I think it may be a first time that i will not agree with You :biglaugh:

For sure it will be better then 85-93 brakes, that honestly were not brakes, they were "slowererers".

320mm is the widest rotor commonly used in motorcycles.
Radial pseudo monoblock form YZF R1, 4 piston caliper may work like a champ but IMHO, only with lightweighted v-maxes.
I would not risk stock v-max with a passanger and hudge saddle bags and some extra stuff.
Just IMHO.

As soon as someone pulls the trigger and says yes I want one, I'll get into action and do it.
Once the first order fronts or rears I only need to take measurements one time only and thereafter just send the bits to Sean for supply.
Don't expect any real drama for the speedo at this stage, although mine was setup for my Harley front end I did manage to adapt the stock speedo drive before deciding to use a digital speedo, which btw is just a cheapo bicycle unit which works awesome:eusa_dance:

i'll talk to sean tonight about the whole package price n whanot see what my options are and let ya know.

If the stock speedo is off we can get differently geared units to compensate for the different tire diameters and keep the speedo accurate.

I'll try to make some calls and at least get some wheel prices. I'll start a thread in the Morleys Muscle section to update the pricing (I think I have one there anyway).

Sean

If the stock speedo is off we can get differently geared units to compensate for the different tire diameters and keep the speedo accurate.

I'll try to make some calls and at least get some wheel prices. I'll start a thread in the Morleys Muscle section to update the pricing (I think I have one there anyway).

Sean

i think if its an 18" rim it'll be damn close enough. i'd be very interested in the pricing sean. its gotta be cheaper than a front cazz eh? i'd really like to keep my rotors, calipers etc.

guess i'd have to go 19 eh

hmm not sure if i like the 19" tire options

Got this mocked up on the weekend, we couldn't get it altogether finished as the
swingarm brace is just smacking the stock exhaust. The owners going to a full exhaust shortly so we'll wait.
A stock Harley rotor turns out to be a good option for these setups as of course it requires no adapter for the wheels as they're made to fit, also the Harley rotor diameter is close and only requires a small mod to the brake caliper arm to make it all fit together. My friend bought the disc brand new from ebay for $19 I think he said and it suits the look of the wheel just fine.

Attachments

• SP_A0065 (2).jpg
    SP_A0065 (2).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 53
  • SP_A0063 (2).jpg
    SP_A0063 (2).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 49
  • SP_A0062 (Large).jpg
    SP_A0062 (Large).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I should not read the thread about radial tires and wider rims, it's making it difficult to resist lol
It does look damned gorgeous !!!

Very nice work Steve!

It never ceases to amaze me on the talent and imagination that this forum has as a group.

I have never been on another forum that has this much expertise, talent and willingness to make custom parts and such.

Mike

My friend got his exhaust on at last so we finally got chance to bolt this up.
Everything is a tight squeeze with a 200 but we massaged it into place.
Looks pretty cool from behind, I followed him down the road when we finished up and it looked good.
Made him some carb stax which he'll bolt on soon.

Attachments

• 004 (Large).jpg
    004 (Large).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 005 (Large).jpg
    005 (Large).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 78
  • 013 (Large).jpg
    013 (Large).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
looks like a great job from here. now what do i need to do to get one. i want to put a 190 or 180 on an 18 inch rim what will you charge. and how long will it take to get it.

Latest posts

Back