After market fuel filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Does anyone have the model number for a Wix, Napa, Fram, or other A/M fuel filter that will fit the max?

Somebody posted this previously but I can't find it. :bang head:

Thanks,
danny

I installed one of the glass units that uses the replaceable mesh screen filters. Works well and fits well. It comes with all the fittings you'll need.

I installed one of the glass units that uses the replaceable mesh screen filters. Works well and fits well. It comes with all the fittings you'll need.
+1 to the Glass / mesh filter. It works and fits well. I couldn't find a 806 around here for the life of me.

Mr gasket, Holley, and Edlebrock make the clear glass filters with replaceable elements. Some come with multiple plastic fittings that you select the size of and others are made with steel built in fittings and you buy the size you need. About $10 from most parts stores. Look in the chrome or aftermarket carb section.

Sean

When you guys are putting this clear filter on, is it in addition to the stocker or replacing the stocker?

Where are you putting it?

Is there a good way to get the stock filter out of there without spilling gas? When I replaced mine I couldn't help but spill a little.

When you guys are putting this clear filter on, is it in addition to the stocker or replacing the stocker?

Is there a good way to get the stock filter out of there without spilling gas? When I replaced mine I couldn't help but spill a little.

It just replaces the old one. As far as spilling cant help you there as I spilt a little as well

Replaces stock, I crammed paper towels around the area to clean it up. Of course I am anal like that. Hell I wax under there too...:icon_rolleyes:

Chris, do you have a number and supplier for them?

Mark, my local A/P doesn't carry the Purolator 806, and for some reason is unable to find it in his cross reference for Wix. :confused2:

I use NAPA Gold fuel filters - part # 3011. They are slightly fatter than a stock filter, so I split the rubber filter retainer with a razor blade & the NAPA filter slides in nicely. I don't think they're any better than other filters - I just happen to have a NAPA store down the road...

I found the Mr Gasket #9706 filters on Amazon.com last night and ordered (2) of them plus (2) packs of (3) filter replacement screens, TMD for $35.

Thanks, everybody, for the replies! :clapping:

danny

I didn't realize it would be hard to find a fuel filter.
Interesting.
I'd like to find the glass one you folks are talking bout here in Canada.

You can use any of the glass ones as long as it is set up for 3/8 hose.

I didn't realize it would be hard to find a fuel filter.
Interesting.
I'd like to find the glass one you folks are talking bout here in Canada.
Ghost....I went thru Amazon.com and punched in 'Mr Gasket filter' to find it....you could prolly get one the same way....Here's the cost breakdown:

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC): 2 Mr. Gasket 9706 Universal ... $6.62 2 $13.24 2 Mr. Gasket 896 Fuel Filter... $6.95 2 $13.90Plus another $5 for shipping and $2.40 tax

Latest posts

Back