Aftermarket wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
Just wondering what type of aftermarket wheels everyone is running carrs,bbr,dymag,ufo,coo,degret,kosman ect. and so on. i would like to get a feel of what everyones likes the best about there wheel of choice and would the buy them again also there fit and finish plus overall satisfaction. so please help me with some input so i can make some sound decisions.
Chris

As you can see everyone here likes the Carrs.

I dont like the looks of them, especially on a vmax.

They are lightweight, but there has been quite a few fitment problems due to poor machining

Also on the R1 forum they all scough at these wheels because there has been a lot of bearing failures, they consider these wheels junk, one of our vmax members had that problem.

main question is what exactly are you looking for?

lightweight
looks
cost
17" or 18"

you really cant go wrong with any of the wheels, except for maybe the carrs, they are the only wheel I have ever heard of negative feedback, except for on this forum. And of course ufo, you may get bit.

Im not sure why everyone here is high on the carrs, they continually have fitment issues and as i mentioned the the bearing failure problem.

yeah carrs may have good customer service in fixxing the problem but I wouldnt risk my life with them based on what ive read.

and the fact they have good customer service people walk away with a positive attitude therefore no negative feedback because they have been blinded. the fact still remains that they cant get their shit right the first time and ther are continual issues

and the only other negatives ive heard about wheels is complaints about weight.

i like the carrs but i dont in the same breath i really prefer the look of a spoke type wheel and the 17" has a hell of alot of tire choices. i would like to shave some weight also i was checking out COO and his fzr wheels that is the look i like. thanks for the replys keep 'em comin!
Chris

i like the carrs but i dont in the same breath i really prefer the look of a spoke type wheel and the 17" has a hell of alot of tire choices. i would like to shave some weight also i was checking out COO and his fzr wheels that is the look i like. thanks for the replys keep 'em comin!
Chris

the carrs have been discontinued, you may be able to find a set though.

How about lightcons, thats my favorite looking 17" wheel an light weight to boot.

I have had every wheel/fork combo and I feel the 17's are the way to go if you can get over the aesthetics of the rear appearing small.

I was hung up with going 18" to fill the rear so i bought 18's, I do agree the 18 looks better on the rear than a 17

eventually went to 17's i got over the looks real quick, just ride the damn bike and stop staring at pictures, if people are more concerned with how the 18's fill the space then they dont ride much and they are more about show(posers, curb dwellers) staring at their bikes as they sit. or they are drag racing

Being that your considering coo wheels that would be your cheapest route. You dont need to buy his front wheel either.

You can get a YZF 600 wheel. cant remeber what years that fit the max. I had one and sold it to busterhymen, you could email him and get the part number off the wheel. I believe an early 90's and it has to be a YZF 600 model, not r6. you can get them on ebay for 100.00 all day. but then you have speedo issue, which coo addresess with his

thanks MN i pm'd buster to see if he can give me some details of the install to see what was involved. that looks like a good option and either wheel needs to have the fork modified for clearance.
Chris

thanks MN i pm'd buster to see if he can give me some details of the install to see what was involved. that looks like a good option and either wheel needs to have the fork modified for clearance.
Chris

I lookeed on ebay, looks more like a mid to late 90's YZF 600 wheel. That is for the angled spoke, I beleive that is what coo sells.

That is correct. you have to grind a little something of the forks

Back