Dman999

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome!!..........Sounds like he's doing good..............Hey Bill.........Make sure he dosen't try to smuggle and cute nurses out..........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

I think he should smuggle one haha. He said there will be one coming to the house for check ins

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dennis had an accident on his motorcycle last night. We were heading out for a ride, and he hit some gravel on a nasty curve, and went into a ditch. He was far enough ahead of us that we didn't see him go off the road, and the bike was completely invisible from the road. We continued to our destination, Dennis wasn't there. Sometimes he's been known to take the long way to wherever he was going - so we figured he'd be along in a few minutes.

I got a cell call from him, he told me he was in a ditch, and had no idea where he was. We got in a car, and retraced our route, blowing the horn so he could locate us. We found him - all that was visible of the bike was part of the speedometer. He was awake, and insistent that we get him out of the ditch.

One of the folks in the car is an RN. She told him that this is no job for passers by and he had us call 911. Ambulance came, and they got him out of the ditch - which was every inch of 5 feet deep - and took him off to hospital.

As of right now, this is what we know...
He's in Erie County Medical Center. He had surgery to repair a badly broken compound fractured right leg. He is listed in "Serious" condition, in the trauma unit. He was awake, and alert when we saw him last. He was wearing a helmet - which doesn't have a scratch on it. I don't believe his head hit the road or ground.

Goes without saying, friends - prayers and good thoughts needed for our brother. Kathy and I are heading up to see him at noon. I will update this thread as I get more details on the situation.

We were with him for a few hours before he crashed. There was no excessive alcohol consumption, and he had a meal at our house shortly before the accident.

Prayers & thoughts are with him;
Just glad you were able to find him!!!

Glad to hear you're coming home Dennis, heal well bro! Also, big thanks to Bill for finding you and getting you to medical care and working the logistics out for getting your Vmax home!
I know you know this Dennis but you have some great friends in Bill and Kathy!:worthy:

That sure sucks! When u see him, let him know his Canadian Vmaxers are asking about him, sending our prayers & hope for a quick & healthy recovery. 2 wheel Larry

Can't be happier he coming out pretty well ok.I got some rear shocks and the factory mufflers,Hope everything goes well.God bless.

Hi Dennis,

So relieved to hear your ok from your recent incident. I was shocked to hear of this and quickly reached out to everyone around the area to find out how you were. Rest up and hope to see you on the road again sometime soon my friend.

Mike

Thanks everyone.
I'll post again when I can use my hands a bit more. :D

Glad you're back I hope your recovery continues to be swift.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm glad that your back...if even for a bit. Continue to rest and relax and heal.

Glad to hear your back home. I'm sure your happy to be back too. Looking forward to riding with you again. Heal up buddy.

Ya hope you get better soon, the girls at the quality inn have been looking for you :th_SmileyBoobs: :wkwk::10_6_8:

I saw the doc yesterday and he said it will be at least one month before I can use my left arm and right leg at all.
So, it will be 4 weeks before I can get into the wheelchair by myself.
But from the X-rays, everything is healing up as expected.

If u can get in a wheel chair can bill get a side car for you to ride in until your 100 percent? Ridding season getting short. Glad to hear the the good news.

Latest posts

Back