Driver swerved to hit motorcycle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should be charged with attempted murder in the first degree - assault with a deadly weapon.

Had I eye witnessed that horsechit, I probably would have ruined a helmet on the arseholes' head.....beating him with it. Makes my blood boil just watching it.........

BECAUSE the very same thing happened to me, for the very same reason, back in 1988, while riding my 85. Me and the 85 still carry the scars to this day! The only difference being that the dicksmack in my case, didn't make contact with me. I was able to swerve to the left , but dropped off the pavement and endo'd over the handlebars. Tons of witnesses saw him as he did a quick u'ey and left the scene. Also, I was doing a legal pass. Bastid told the cops later, he ran back to town to get assistance - BS. He got a couple tickets, lost his license and insurance over the deal. I got an ambulance ride to the hospital, and a nice fat check from his insurance co to buy parts, and to help out with my pain and suffering.

UPDATE:

Breaking News from Hood County.

"Driver involved in Saturday's motorcycle crash arrested
William Crum, 68, was arrested late Monday afternoon and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in connection with a crash Saturday on Tin Top Highway, District Attorney Rob Christian said early Monday evening. The crash involved a car that swerved across the center line and struck a motorcycle, injuring the driver and passenger as they fell to the pavement. Christian said that each charge against Crum, if convicted, carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. The motorcycle passenger, Debra Simpson of Granbury, was moved Monday from the ICU to a regular room at Harris Methodist Hospital. She has serious arm and leg injuries, but is listed in stable condition, according to her boyfriend Eric Sanders of Granbury. Sanders, the driver of the motorcycle, was treated at Harris for road burn, lacerations and abrasions."

I also read where the authorities issued two tickets to the mc rider as well. One for passing in the double yellow. The other one has to do with his riders license not being valid currently.

He should..............won't surprise me if he gets a slap..............unless he has a history and a crappy lawyer................

Not Crum's first rodeo with the law. Following is a cut/paste I found in the Glen Rose Reporter newspaper.

"However, this is not the first time Crum has had a run in with the law in Hood County, or Somervell County for that matter, and is also not the first time he has been accused of misconduct with a motor vehicle, according to arrest and court records.

On July 28, 1989, Crum was arrested by Arlington police for assault and family violence, and later charged and sentenced to one-year's probation. He was also force to pay an undisclosed restitution. Fast forward a few years to Aug. 23, 1993, Crum was picked up by Granbury PD for silent or abusive calls to a 9-1-1 service – a class B misdemeanor that was later dismissed after he recognized himself as the culprit prior to the case being deferred on Sept. 9, 1993.

All illegal, but not exactly relatable to the current charge.

Six months and change later, Crum was scooped up by Somervell County sheriff’s deputies for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle – a 3rd degree felony he plead no contest to. Crum was convicted of the charge on Sept. 26, 1994, which resulted in an $87 court cost, 80 hours of community service and two years of community supervision.

Thirteen years later, he was again found to be improperly using a vehicle by the Somervell County Sheriff’s Department. Crum was observed to be driving recklessly on March 28, 2007, but this time was also charged with making a terroristic threat. Despite pleading 'not guilty' to the charge of making a terroristic threat, he was later convicted of both charges and confined to two years in jail, while being forced to pay $500 in court fines and a $612 court fines."

Hmm with him having a criminal history....hopefully all of that will be taken into account.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Hopefully, they'll lock this ass-wipe, up before he commits vehicular manslaughter. This last one was pretty close..

Back