Facebook

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and signed up... I don't know much about it and it took me a while to figure out how to navigate the site but I got some pics of my past and current projects up there if anyone is interested in looking.

Link is now in my signature. I think? :ummm:

If your like me and don't know anything about it, follow the link in my sig (Mikes Vmax). It will take you to my homepage. On the left click on "Photos". It will pull up a couple albums. Above the albums, in a gray bar, it will say "See All: Photos - Videos" Click on the word photos and it will show all the albums.

I will update the page once I get further along in the project. I still have a long way to go. I'm working on a new swingarm, USD with new triples, wheels, expanded fuel tank, radial brakes, radial master cylinder, etc........

Although I maintain a page on FB it is a DANGEROUS place for sure. I found out the very hard way exactly how that site can cause you more problems than you can imagine!!!!!! 'Nuf said about that.:bang head:

Oh, but FB is all the rage!

I signed on to re-connect to my estranged daughter about two years ago and hit a payday nearly instantaneously. It can be habit forming if you know too many people and they all find out you have a sign on.

I keep my security options cranked down tightly and don't post up any info I wouldn't want shared publicly anyways, so outside hackers don't scare me.

It's one of the largest spreaders of malware... My wife has an account. Thankfully we have a Mac so it's not been an issue yet.

My buddy says; "yeah you can get in touch with people from HighSchool!"

ME: "I hated all but about 3 people from that place... Why would I do that?"

lol

I for one know where Jim has been over his FB... I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone.

Chris

Facebook has it's issues if you are not careful, but you can safeguard yourself easy enough. I have reconnected with quite a few people from my past and it has been great to find out what they have been doing. I also have met a few new people, mostly from the motorcycle world which is a good thing as well!

Same with me. No problems yet but I try not to do much laundry airing on there (still, it happens).

I'm no computer guru so when you say it can be dangerous, what are you talking about?

I just figured it would be a good place to post some pics of the bike.

Facebook is a breeding ground for attention whores, self absorbed egotists and braggarts who think EVERYONE wants to know about EVERYTHING that goes on in their lives.

Some people as mentioned in this thread use it as a tool to maintain friendships in the bustle of the 21st century, but most just use it make themselves feel special.

I'm no computer guru so when you say it can be dangerous, what are you talking about?

I just figured it would be a good place to post some pics of the bike.

i've been on since 04 and never had a problem.

its simple, just use common sense, don't post anything up there you wouldn't post for the wolrd to see. never answer any personal questions if someone asks you, esp if they ask for money! sometimes peoples accounts will get hacked and they'll message you saying they are stuck in x, y, z and need money to get home blah but just use your head.

just yesterday i tracked down abuddy i haven't talkd to in 5 years via his sister whos name i barely remembered and had his new number and him on the phone within 12 hours because i wanted to invite him to the wedding.

I've had three relatives/friends whose accounts got hacked and everyone in their friends list received emails from them with serious viruses. If you opened the email you got infected unless you had great up-to-date anti-virus software. I was on because some of my relatives would only post the kids pics on Facebook. No longer sent them via email. Got really annoyed with the whole thing and deleted my account. Don't want to be friends with everyone in the world and am not interested in what you ate for breakfast and don't want to play silly games.

People today need instant validation/gratification... FB and Twitter are for those people IMO. My wife basically uses it to play games.

Im crusin around FB but started not so long ago.

The only reason I went there was "nobody was avaible elsewhere anymore!"...
I must say i was forced cuz I needed to stay in touch with some guys.

But I can see many friends spending thier lives there which is sick to the bone IMO.

Same with me. No problems yet but I try not to do much laundry airing on there (still, it happens).

Don't hold back on our account Sean. I've seen some of your family laundry on there, and it "morbidly occupied some of my otherwise idle time". PLUS, it made me shake my head in such a way as to crack that one vertibrae in my neck that keeps locking up...........some of it was down right entertaining.:biglaugh:

Facebook is a breeding ground for attention whores, self absorbed egotists and braggarts who think EVERYONE wants to know about EVERYTHING that goes on in their lives.

Some people as mentioned in this thread use it as a tool to maintain friendships in the bustle of the 21st century, but most just use it make themselves feel special.

Ok, now tell us how you REALLY feel about FB Saml. :clapping:

Seriously, each FB user can set up their profile pretty much the way they want to.....allowing as much, or as little access to their pic folders, etc as they wish. You don't even have to allow your name to come up on anyone elses' random name searching if you'd rather not. You can set up your "wall" to track only those friends who you deem close enough to track daily vs keeping the not so close friends more in the background in case you someday want to read and review what they have posted up on their walls. You can find those Aholes from highschool and individually put them on your BLOCK list so that they will never ever have to know you have ever opened a FB account. Do that and you will never run across a single posting they may have created on any of your friends' walls either.
And of course, FB has it's own PM system for direct messaging.

Listen to me ramble on about FB technology when I don't even carry a cell phone.................:confused2:

I have an account & very seldome go an there I just cant see the big hype about it. I usually only visit there when some one sends me a message which they could do thru email. I can never really see getting addicted to it.

They only call it "Facebook" because most of the older fucks that troll the board are looking to get some "face" and hookup with losers from their past. I ALWAYS get invites from people that say "join me in [fuckbook] so we can keep in touch" If I wanted to actually "get in touch" with that individual, don't they think I would have given them a call by now? I dunno but I cant watch what is left of my already dwindling gray matter being sucked out of my typing fingers:bang head::bang head::bang head:
My $.02

Although I maintain a page on FB it is a DANGEROUS place for sure. I found out the very hard way exactly how that site can cause you more problems than you can imagine!!!!!! 'Nuf said about that.:bang head:

Yeah I hear you there..... My wife signs me up and gets it all going. Then freaks out when all these friends that I have not spoken to in years start sending me messages. The issue is most of my friends were girls back in school. So when that came around then OMG! All of a sudden she was wondering who the girl was from the UK that rode a Vmax was! Who the hell knows right! So I was tired of dealing with her BS and then I closed it . She freaked out wondering why I closed it. I told her I was tired of dealing with her and her BS and jelousy. She then tells me that closing it was a very childish thing to do and that I should keep it open WTF:confused2: is wrong with these F'n women! :bang head: So I open it back up a few months later after she has brought it up several times that I should open it up. So I do then she sends me a teary message telling me that it really hurt her when she seen I had opened it back up! Now by this time I am pulling what hair I have left out. So I close it again.... Then I say "F" it and close it again... Then it starts all over again, with the childish thing to do and you should keep it open BS. I told her no F'n way...... miss my damn friends alot.... Still lost with women! :bang head: crazy bioches anyways.

G

My Wife went there once. I ended up rebuilding her computer. She got Scareware so bad, I couldn't get rid of it without a new hard drive. Had to reformat her old drive to get rid of it...

Back