Fastest (observed) top speed on the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90 was tops for me so far, but all of those other RPMS up there look so lonely!!!

But I have also taken a cow through the windshield of my car at speed on a country road and I don't want that happening on my bike. It is Texas, after all.....

:git:

lol I love this thread at least I am not the only yahoo out there that seems to hit a 100+ on most rides I take.

I have had My MAX to 147 a couple of times. I don't know what that equals to in MPH , but I do know it equals to a white-knuckle grip and an ass puckering ride. Was really scary after about 135. what can i do to help with the handling at that speed? What are the advantages to strapping the front-end down like lankeeyankee mentioned?

I have had My MAX to 147 a couple of times. I don't know what that equals to in MPH , but I do know it equals to a white-knuckle grip and an ass puckering ride. Was really scary after about 135. what can i do to help with the handling at that speed? What are the advantages to strapping the front-end down like lankeeyankee mentioned?

getting rid of the white knuckle grip will help a lot

I've only owned my '03 for about 30 hours now but I've seen the top side of 130 3 times so far - figured I'd get to know the bike before I really went hog wild! :punk:

Back in '85, I topped mine out at 150, indicated.
A couple years later, when I had just started dating my wife, she asked me how fast this thing would really go. At 135 or so, she let me know - not too politely, I may add - that she was satisfied that it would go too fast for her!

With almost 120,000 miles on it, I rarely take it over 100 now. I'd hate to imagine the crank or a rod letting go at 9500 RPM!

Back in '85, I topped mine out at 150, indicated.
A couple years later, when I had just started dating my wife, she asked me how fast this thing would really go. At 135 or so, she let me know - not too politely, I may add - that she was satisfied that it would go too fast for her!

With almost 120,000 miles on it, I rarely take it over 100 now. I'd hate to imagine the crank or a rod letting go at 9500 RPM!
120.000 miles...now thats the performance i like

120.000 miles...now thats the performance i like

S&S,If you keep clean oil in that bike and ride it like a harley(short shifting) it will last forever.It's the high rpm stuff with no rev limiter that kills them.

I dont know why but my 98 was horrible 135+ until I strapped my front end down tight. I can run all that she has 155 - is the max the speedo reads and I have stayed in it past shooting NOS. I will admit I am comfortable at 135 no problems, over that is when I get a death grip it doesnt drift nor wobble like it used to. I guess since the front end is down less wind and stiffer front end helps.

140MPH. Have not been over 135 since:)

I tightened up the steering head this afternoon and tried out the top speed. It runs right up to 120 but then takes its sweet-ass time getting to 135. WTF?? I had to get out of the throtte for a second when I saw a truck about 1/4 mile up. I was approaching a county road and was concerned he'd turn in front of me. After he did in fact turn in front of me, I wicked it back up but I was less than enthused with the time it took to get back up there.

I wanted to see at least 150 but I'm not sure he'll do it. :ummm:

A stock VMAX will pin the speedo 160 but yes it takes awhile The vmax is a snail after 125 which is why I installed NOS on mine
I was running down interstate 65 running 90MPH and this built late model mustang with weld draglites skinny front runners and a large cowl hood which meant a super charger most likely came up riding my ass I got over to the right lane he got up beside me and we both nodded at each other I downshifted to 3rd tucked down on the faux I was able to pull away when I hit 5th running a 135-140 I figured he would be atleast 5-7 car length back nope he was half a car length:ummm: I ran it up to 155 and let out he passed me still in the gas running 160:confused2:
:bang head::bang head: I was so pist that day I couldnt believe it here I am on 2 wheels and I cant even pull away from a damn Ford on the highway:bang head:
Called up Shcnitz Racing a couple days later and installed the NOS system
I only really use NOS after 85MPH due to the VMAX's poor top end power now its 85-160 in very little time
You can bet your ass I will not be passed by a ford again on the street or a Mopar.

Did a 5th gear roll-on to 105 the other day. Still getting the feel of the personality (yes, all bikes have one) of the Max. Seems like the RPMS run out real quick on the top end.

Better not come around these parts. ;) :D

You have a street car that you think can run faster from 85-160MPH than my VMAX on NOS?

I will take that bet. Get a vid cam setup on the speedo of your ride and start from 85MPH and run it up to 160 and post your video.:punk:

You have a street car that you think can run faster from 85-160MPH than my VMAX on NOS?

I will take that bet. Get a vid cam setup on the speedo of your ride and start from 85MPH and run it up to 160 and post your video.:punk:

how much you want o bet lol. My 91 Ford would give you everything you ever wanted from 85 up. 130 is my best 1/4 speed with one more gear and still pulling in 4th. It pics up 30 mph in the back half of the 1/4. 160 would be no sweat.

small problem my speedo doesn't work because of a small header issue lol.

how much you want o bet lol. My 91 Ford would give you everything you ever wanted from 85 up. 130 is my best 1/4 speed with one more gear and still pulling in 4th. It pics up 30 mph in the back half of the 1/4. 160 would be no sweat.

small problem my speedo doesn't work because of a small header issue lol.

I bet you do have something in your garage that can run. I was really making that comment towards Qaurterhorse. Difference between someone 42 and 25.
It would be interesting though to make a video on the speedo so we can watch it and time it. I guess its really the only way to compare roll on power being that we are in different states.

I bet you do have something in your garage that can run. I was really making that comment towards Qaurterhorse. Difference between someone 42 and 25.
It would be interesting though to make a video on the speedo so we can watch it and time it. I guess its really the only way to compare roll on power being that we are in different states.

I think 1/4Horse will be having something completed soon that may have you eating your words... not sure, but we'll let him speak for himself.

Back