Good educational video's about guns and gun control

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
I know alot of you guys are pro second amendment such as myself, I get angry when someone is trying to take away my personal liberty but we must approach this subject with fact and logic because those are the things we have in our favor. I thought I'd post a few video's to illustrate this and by all means if you have good ones to add then please do, don't want this to turn into a bash fest because we need to educate people about how they are being misled and not insult them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8C-CLsMRcA0

Sandy Hook is a up-scale town. So sratch that long winded defense of guns.
David

It was still a"gun free zone" and they already had an "assault weapons" ban, guess he didn't pay attention to those laws huh?? Go back to your nest troll...

Looks like the gun ban is really helping in mexico, Dave. It's a tropical paradise down there. I work in a company that employs lots of Mexicans. Most are hesitant to travel to their own country because of all the bullshit going on down there. Between the zetas, cartels and crooked shithead cops, its not uncommon to get robbed by people with GUNS... I can't understand how that could be happening, because guns are illegal for civilians to possess or own at all. Can you explain to us how this is happening? And don't start about that fast and furious bullshit, because your crime involving firearms was in full force before that happened.
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-43304130/

I rather enjoy the first video. On the level comparison of areas and fair stats. One of the things that he doesn't really get into though is why these stats have been cut in half since 92. His conclusion is that the media and politicians just don't want to report on this because it doesn't fit an agenda. It's more because investigative journalism started dying around the same time the web and tracking software started growing. How many of you still have a newspaper subscription? They can't afford the talent they used to. Meanwhile the stats are dropping largely because of improved tracking and reporting software such as CompStat used by the NYPD.

Good tracking and information is what has been able to really narrow down to individual neighborhoods exactly has he shows in his video. The PD there gets more funding, and gets to keep it provided they can keep crime rates lower year after year.

The problem with the software and awards/funding system built around it is that it has hit a point of diminishing returns. Things got so much better because of this awesome tool and every PD was able to proudly announce stats lower than the year before. After awhile though, better use of resources isn't as effective because all the easy stuff is done, and the improvement is now the norm. So you've got a handful of departments out there that are pressured and incentivized to continue lowering crime rates, particularly of the violent crime rate variety, but can't do it without some further breakthroughs and methods.

These departments have been cheating the system a little. In order to continue showing a reduction in violent crimes, the charges for violent crimes are often reduced to minor crimes. So what we're starting to see are rape charges reduced to assault so they can fall outside the big statistics of concern. This has created at least one case of a serial rapists flying completely under the radar for several offenses before even one legitimate rape report was filed. Anyway, his suggestion of rolling up their sleeves and getting into the problem areas is exactly what has been getting done since 92, and is why the rates have improved so much overall. What we're facing now is an overcompensation problem, and it's one that won't get widely reported because it's going to take honest to god investigative journalism skills to find out how deep the problem goes.

Maybe if Fox and MSNBC weren't so busy pushing bullshit agendas, and CNN spent money on good journalists instead of 3D graphics and video editors to cut together 'Best of YouTube' montages we'd be getting somewhere. Good information requires good talent and that's just far too expensive these days. Way easier to hire some mouthpiece drawing on a blackboard who will work cheap because they're just using the time to advertise their latest book they're sure to make millions on. The educated have gradually morphed into the entertainers over the last decade, and a lot of people still haven't noticed. It's all businesses fighting for ratings to sell advertisements, and that leaves good information in the dust because it doesn't grab as many viewers. The best information we seem to have these days is oh so ironically government funded public radio, because they're not worried about money and just do their jobs.

Nope, no problems in a country with a weapons ban.

I have removed these photos. I don't 'moderate' much but i don't think pictures of shot, decapitated or otherwise sawed in half people, do NOT belong in a gun debate thread on a motorcycle forum. feel free to disagree, but i deleted them.

in the future i would prefer to see links provided so the source would be known and a warning to users telling them there are very graphic pictures ahead.

Thanks for commenting guys (as far as moderation is concerned you gotta do what you feel is right) but to be honest the way other countries handle their gun laws and crime is really none of my concern... I'm only really interested in America and our second amendment in this regard.. Zack is actually pretty close to being right but I differ my opinion a bit.. There are 2 schools of thought on how to get the crime down in large urban areas and the two shining examples are Chicago and New York... New York pretty much infringes on everyone's rights indiscriminately as in the police can just search you at any time they wish for "looking suspicious" and they do catch alot of bad people doing this but at what cost?? I would completely resent being searched for no legitimate reason so I can see where the hatred for the NYPD comes from... Chicago on the other hand doesn't do this as much, but they also deny you the right to defend yourself by concealed carry (empowering the individual) and people pay the price.. There are other densely populated urban ares out there where they don't randomly search you that have a much lower crime rate than Chicago and a big difference here is the concealed carry option that most states allow now. I'm not saying that is the one and only solution of the problem, I'm just saying that to deny that is part of a bigger solution is illogical...

I understand. I think this quote does justice to what pictures I posted. Just to clarify, all those bodies had bullet holes in them, some were just harder to see.

thanks for understanding.

my feelings on those photors were altho they may have had bulllet holes, they didn't make any comment on the gun control debate. we have no idea why, or by whom they were shot, someone could just as easily use it in defense of your opposing position. I also just think an obvious warning would be key, as i'm at work and couldn't tell what i was clicking on at first. We say NSFW for nudie pics. Also there's no reason we need to pay to host those pictures here.

once again thank you.

It has sadly become very clear to me that the only thing that stands between us and total tyranny is our right to bear arms as guaranteed by the Bill Of Rights. This is really what the whole issue is about. Not hunting, but our grave distrust of the Feds. Obama and the Democrat party are showing their true colors, and the Republicans have their faults too. In the end it may be us against those who have comitted teason against the U.S. Constitution and their oath of office.

How will you stand when that day comes?????????????

Get informed.

O

I understand. I think this quote does justice to what pictures I posted. Just to clarify, all those bodies had bullet holes in them, some were just harder to see.

Bullet holes don't necessarily equate to gun control do they? The military has been known to use cadavers for ballistics testing, for example. :confused2:

Bullet holes don't necessarily equate to gun control do they? The military has been known to use cadavers for ballistics testing, for example. :confused2:

I seen the pics Danny, he was making a point about how ineffective gun control is because they were all pics of crime scenes in Mexico where multiple people were executed.. It was a strong point and really illustrated how futile taking away peoples rights to defend themselves really is because you either become a criminal to defend yourself or die at the hands of someone who wants to take something from you... I don't fault Gam for removing them though because they were quite disturbing and grotesque but the point has been made nonetheless...

Gotcha....I didn't see them. Just hate to see our discussions revert to shock graphics.

You guys know how I feel....a tiny handful of crazies (actually you can count them on the fingers of one hand) do some horrible things so EVERYBODY looses their weapons....or certain weapons as defined by the likes of Finestein et al! Totally ridiciulous! So typically liberal!

I like assault weapons, I like their mechanical design, function and style....and resent the shit out of anyone telling me I can't have one....especially people who have 24/7 personal protection by guys armed with those very same weapons....what's right about THAT? :confused2:

I seen the pics Danny, he was making a point about how ineffective gun control is because they were all pics of crime scenes in Mexico where multiple people were executed.. It was a strong point and really illustrated how futile taking away peoples rights to defend themselves really is because you either become a criminal to defend yourself or die at the hands of someone who wants to take something from you... I don't fault Gam for removing them though because they were quite disturbing and grotesque but the point has been made nonetheless...

i understand the point fully, but feel without any context its lost.

Well playing devils advocate....is it ballistics testing...or is it getting the military used to shoot a "real" person?

Back