Good Toolbox liner.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I bought some used snap-on and mac tool boxes and one of them needs new liners bad. The thin foam doesn't lay flat, and its almost impossible to clean since it porous. It also slides around. PITA

I was thinking 1/16 - 1/8 smooth Buna or neoprene rubber sheet. Wont soak in dirt or oil. Easy to clean and would lay flat.. Maybe..

Which type of rubber would hold up best, lay flat without adhesive, and be easy to remove and clean/reuse?

http://www.allstategasket.com/info_gasket_material_style-1190.asp
http://store20.prestostore.com/catalog.php/rsrstore/pd2086880

The stuff is expensive. Or should I just get the cheap foam and live with it?

How about the stuff they use for rock guards on tanks and or front bumpers/fenders on cars. May the thin magnetic stuff they use for temp signs on the sides of car doors?

I use this stuff
http://www.lowes.com/pd_90059-46478..._s?Ntt=tool+box+drawer+liner&page=3&facetInfo=

It is not solid though. It does stay in place. Not sure about absorbancy, I clean my tools before I put them away.

Contact paper is cheap.

If you're looking for solid rubber sheeting you may want to contact a commercial roofing company and see if you can get some scraps leftover from a job. They use black EPDM rubber.

How about the stuff they use for rock guards on tanks and or front bumpers/fenders on cars.

Not sure what that is.. Is that the 3m clear stuff?

If you're looking for solid rubber sheeting you may want to contact a commercial roofing company and see if you can get some scraps leftover from a job. They use black EPDM rubber.

Great idea.. waiting for the manager to call back and tell me to get it out of the shop.

I spent most of the day cleaning up the Mac. Thing was slathered with crap.:biglaugh:

well if you do go with the reg liners, id just go get kitchen drawer liner, cheaper exact same thing, holds tools from slipping, stays put in tool drawers. im talking about the rubber stuff that got the little holes in it.

How about leather?:biglaugh:

Attachments

• leathertoolbox.jpg
    leathertoolbox.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 13
I use a fleese like material. Wipe my tools off before putting them away. The black liners slide all over creation.I'd rather use a cheap rug like material than them.
Steve-o

All my toolbox drawers are lined with old school Rubbermaid dish drainers. They have small suction cups on the bottom to keep them solidly in place, can be trimmed to fit any drawer and have a non-slick top surface so my tools don't slide around. They are easy to remove and clean, as well.

At school our toolbox has those generic utensil-drawer tacky foam liners, though I also don't toss oily tools in there so no comment about cleaning. They work well enough and seem to remember you got a big roll of it at wal mart for a couple bucks.

I've also seen toolboxes that were coated with paint-on truck bed liner inside, which I guess is a pretty permanent solution but a practical one.

1,997'th post....same year as my bike...lol

How about leather?:biglaugh:

Just kidding.. I found some high end 1/8" gasket material. Looks like it might stain, but it wont ever scooch around or not lay flat...

Time to fill it up

Back