Got Blown off the road today .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn dude, that really sucks to hear. It seems like quite a few of our brothers have gone down lately. At least you're ok, that's that important part.

Good thing your exhaust got bent/scratched.....that means you have a good reason to buy a new aftermarket exhaust!!! LOL

Too bad - I hope you're right arm will be fine. Posted a question only days ago about this and got some very sensible answers - see thread 'riding with a strong side wind' - what happened to you is exactly what I was afraid off

Sure sorry to hear about your misfortune. Those type of Max wheels are like sails during a good cross wind. Have almost done the same many a time. Wish I had some parts lying around for ya. sold my 89 and most everything else, earlier this year. Pop four Excedrin and hop in a hot tub of water. GWS!

Matt, I do have a right side footpeg with the spring, pin & cotter key. I don't have an extra mounting bracket though.

If this will help you, you're welcome to it....just PM me an address and it'll be on the way.

danny

I have the OEM mufflers from my bike - they're from a 2005 and look as good as new!

Only thing is they're bloody heavy, so shipping to NZ will be dear oh dear..

I have the OEM mufflers from my bike - they're from a 2005 and look as good as new!

Only thing is they're bloody heavy, so shipping to NZ will be dear oh dear..

Yeah mate , alot heavier than a front tyre , went and had a look today were it had happened and it was by a clearing of trees next to a valley and wind was straight down off the hills thru the clearing towards the lake . Just a big wind tunnel , have riden that road before with no worries. It looked like the bike had spun round on the gravel and the muffler made inroads into the tarseal . That explain the tar i whacked out of the end cap and hence all the deep scratches that wont polish out . Will replace them one day .

Attachments

• Max blown down 016.jpg
    Max blown down 016.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 20
i priced shipping some oem mufflers to NZ from boston once, i twas about $195 USD i believe via UPS.

i priced shipping some oem mufflers to NZ from boston once, i twas about $195 USD i believe via UPS.

Thats my problem at the moment there not many Vmaxs here so the stock exhausts dont come up much , so might have to just bear with it for awhile until i get lucky . Atleast i can get it roadworthy and its rideable .

Went to get xray today after that a skanky lookin nurse took me by the hand and sent me to E.D so im thinking this aint good . Another nurse then came up to me and said a doctor will be here shortly to discuss your xray . Well by now im thinking no wonder my arms sore then 10 mins later they take me to the plaster room and by now im thinking you got to be kidding .
Ends up i have a stress fracture and no they dont plaster for that as ive got to keep it moving even if i cant straighten my arm , must of whacked it good .:ummm:

Mate, go get yourself some Arnica Montana if you haven't got it already. You won't believe how much it helps in such cases, I have years of experience and swear by it.
Should be able to find it in either cream form or (better) in homeopathic remedy form at any decent heath food shop, and most good pharmacies.

Mate, go get yourself some Arnica Montana if you haven't got it already. You won't believe how much it helps in such cases, I have years of experience and swear by it.
Should be able to find it in either cream form or (better) in homeopathic remedy form at any decent heath food shop, and most good pharmacies.

Thanks mum . :ummm:

ONCE AGAIN I'M GLAD YOUR GOING TO BE "OK" ! BUT I HAVE TO MAKE A JOKE ! NOT ABOUT YOU , BUT BEING BLOWN OFF THE ROAD !:rofl_200:I WAS BLOWN OFF THE ROAD ONCE , BUT IT WAS IN MY PICK-UP TRUCK & IT WASN'T BY THE WIND ! .. :wkwk:...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Last edited:
Just an update on myself , my arm slowly coming right but now its my back giving me grief and another trip to find my spin isnt straight . not what i wanted to see or hear but will explain why im having probs getting out of bed and having real bad headaches . So its to the Chiropracter daily to sort it . THANK GOD FOR PAIN KILLERS .....

damn man you got off lucky...

im putting my engine guards asap...

They saved my leg not to mention my Max .
Scratched the shit out of the guards but motor untouched so i can live with that.
Saved my lights from getting smashed also . :clapping::punk:

Attachments

• Max blown down 017.jpg
    Max blown down 017.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 20
They saved my leg not to mention my Max .
Scratched the shit out of the guards but motor untouched so i can live with that.
Saved my lights from getting smashed also . :clapping::punk:

Those crash bars are tough!! I thought for sure your lights were history, GR...glad to see they made it!! :clapping:

Back