Got Blown off the road today .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Decided to go for a ride around the lake today . Left home it was fine blue sky and no wind then half an hour into my ride it was blowing like fuck i was having trouble keeping the max upright as there was strong wind gusts , now at this point i was thinking of turning back but deciding that it was a lovely day despite the wind i will keep going . By now i was heading down a long straight the wind was hitting me side on and before i knew it the Max had been picked up and was heading off road as i tried to steer it back on course but it was in a mind of its own .
To cut along story short down she went on shingle with me trapped under her before she flicked back over on to the other side after bout a 20m slide .
Thank god for good leathers and engine guards . I have come out of it alright considering i was doing bout 90kmph , my right arm/elbow is fucken sore .
There is no major damage to the Max just
-Right side grip torn and cracked, front brake lever snapped off , right side foot peg bent , right side muffler is slightly bent with a couple of little dents on the bottom of it , and a couple of stratches .
And dirty leathers .
I managed to pick her straight up (i dont know how) but i didnt it with ease .
Tried to start with up it was flooding , i managed to start it up and ride home. Went to take my leathers off and found that right arm wasnt up to it .
Just ruined a good day otherwise but least im ok .

awww man that really sux! Glad you're ok and the Max isn't too badly bruised..

How's your arm now? Get yourself some Arnica quickly - either homeopathic remedy or in cream form and stick it on straight away, it helps incredibly with bruising!

Never thought wind could have that much effect on such a heavy bike.

Hope you heal quick! sending good vibes yer way..

Sorry to hear the bad news, but...

:ttiwwp:

at least you're in good health and bike in decent.

ya i still remember the first time the wind spooked me, its something noone warns you about either haha. i got up to the top of a hill with corn on both sides (indiana - flat land) and the wind hit me and the bike went straight over into the oncoming lane. i was like wow... if there was a car coming up that hill it woulda been a close call.

Matt,
That sux big time. Least you're walking as it could have been worse.
I might have a couple of spare bits if you need them and if you need anything repaired I'll help out, just ask no problem. :Ouch:

Glad to hear you are "ok"
Might want to get the arm looked at.

Had a bad run in with the wind back in March, in some high desert between Vegas and So Cal. It is some nasty shit. Had my girl on the back. It was scary.

Get well and let us know what you need.

Have just uploaded pics to computer , not much to look at tho i think the rightside muffler is bent more than it looks , i remember tho when i picked her up and put her on the sidestand she almost went over again so it must of been really windy . I think for sure the engine saved me as my leg was under her for awhile .

Attachments

• Max blown down 006.jpg
    Max blown down 006.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Max blown down 007.jpg
    Max blown down 007.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Max blown down 009.jpg
    Max blown down 009.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Max blown down 004.jpg
    Max blown down 004.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Max blown down 005.jpg
    Max blown down 005.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Max blown down 002.jpg
    Max blown down 002.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Max blown down 012.jpg
    Max blown down 012.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Max blown down 014.jpg
    Max blown down 014.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 99
Aw well that sux Matt, glad to hear your mostly OK. I hope the arm loosens up with a few more beers, but it's sure to hurt like hell tomorrow! I have had wind move me a 1/2 a lane before too, not much you can do when maw nature decides to blast ya.
Be well my friend!

Thanks for the offers guys , at this stage its the front brake lever is what i need . Have just gone out and had another look and theres no leaks etc , looks to be a alot of cratches etc on the muffler but im not up to cleaning it to have a look .
I think a day off work tomorro to see the doc and my criropractor is in order tomorrow .

Attachments

• Max blown down.jpg
    Max blown down.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 50
glad ur ok man. let us know what else ya need.

good to see you made it out alright. The wind and my Magna v45 never got along. The wind would move that thing like I were riding a ninja 250 witha 20mph side wind. The bike was light and short wheel based, a bad combo. My rule of thumb, if the wind is over 15mph, take the car. Oh, also i think some mothers mag polish on that muffler will take alot of scratches out.

Back