Highway Speeds??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
Ok.... I'm not a speed freak, but I'm always aiming to be 'in front of that guy, then that guy, then that guy....' you get the picture. Anywho, is it just me? Am I the only guy who gets out on the highway and every time I look down at the speedo it just keeps creeping up.... I have to make a concious effort to actually SLOW DOWN! Lately my cruising speed on the highway has been about 140kmh (about 87mph). Of course, as I look down further, I realize that I'm running about 6K rpm and think to myself - VBOOST! So I rolled on it, it took off like a banshi, speedo hit somewhere over 190kmh (about 118mph), and I rolled out of it and back down to about 140.

Anyway, kinda rambled on.... I'm curious about YOUR highway crusing speed?

I try to go 73 mph in a 65 zone...

I was doing 120 the other night in a 55mph zone. Some late model V6 Mustang thought he was all that I guess... My Fiance and I showed him he wasn't...

I try to go 73 mph in a 65 zone...

I was doing 120 the other night in a 55mph zone. Some late model V6 Mustang thought he was all that I guess... My Fiance and I showed him he wasn't...

LOL! :clapping:

At night......SLOW..60-65mph....deer...raccoons.....fox...... porcupines....bears....etc....

I hit a raccoon a couple weeks ago........It was like hitting a cement curb....solid little critter.....had a close call with a skunk last week.......many close calls with deer.......

During the daytime.......She sounds so good in Vboost:eusa_dance:

Me? 55 big dogs! My bike won't go over it.:biglaugh:
look at my avatar...do I look like a guy that breaks the limit?
I AM A RULE FOLLOWER PEOPLE!

Ok.... I'm not a speed freak, but I'm always aiming to be 'in front of that guy, then that guy, then that guy....' you get the picture. Anywho, is it just me? Am I the only guy who gets out on the highway and every time I look down at the speedo it just keeps creeping up.... I have to make a concious effort to actually SLOW DOWN! Lately my cruising speed on the highway has been about 140kmh (about 87mph). Of course, as I look down further, I realize that I'm running about 6K rpm and think to myself - VBOOST! So I rolled on it, it took off like a banshi, speedo hit somewhere over 190kmh (about 118mph), and I rolled out of it and back down to about 140.

Anyway, kinda rambled on.... I'm curious about YOUR highway crusing speed?
I like to think of "That Guy" as victims :biglaugh::biglaugh: that way they are more fun to pass especially when I`m in the mountains , since I lowered my front end I have way better cornering ability.
and away they go, one by one lol:rofl_200::rofl_200: on the freeway I try to keep it at 75mph with an occasional burst to 100 or so.:rocket bike:
<<Dave>>:punk:

During the day on 55 mph roads (most of what I ride on) anywhere from 60 to OMG I better slow down. On the freeways it's 70 mph state limit so I go 80 past cops and 85+ if road is clear.

My usual I4 cruise speed was about 85mph. Then whenever there would be a hole in traffic it would quickly rise to 120-130, then back to about 85..

Prolly 5 - 7 mph over the posted limit most of the time....unless I'm 'in the need' for a little accelleration, or I'm doing some rich/lean testing, or I'm trying to catch that bike waaaay up ahead (hey, he might be riding a v max), or............!

I think my speed is pretty much all over the board!! :biglaugh:

" HIGHWAY SPEEDS " :confused2:" WHATS THAT ":confused2: ....:rofl_200:....:biglaugh:....:rofl_200:

Slower now I got my one ticket for this year.:bang head: Normally 15kmh over posted limit on the hwy and 10kmh in town. They'll leave you alone at those speeds. Not so much at 42kmh over.:confused2:

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I ride 5mph over the limit, but if the traffic is moving good, I will set it on 90mph and and let the big dog eat!:punk:

Faster then the flow of traffic. Hate looking in the mirrors.

I prefer acceleration over sheer speed. I hate following RV's and sightsee-ers who travel at 30 mph. When you do find someone like this on a country road there's usually a string of 8 cars lined up behind them. I enjoy the ripping by all of them at once even though I barely have to hit 100 mph to get the job done.

Blaine

Back