I crashed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Pop, that could have been bad. Glad to see you came out OK.

Like Danny said, it sounds like the issue may be in the front end. I'd go over the triples, forks, front wheel and axle with a fine tooth comb looking for any signs of damage. Dan brought up a great point about one of the steering stops being busted off. If the bars fall all the way to one side it would enable the forks to hit the radiator and it may be causing the lowering/rising feeling that you describe.

I'm doubting the frame is damaged but just to be sure I would remove the faux cover and scoops and take a close look at the frame rails up top. Start at the steering head and examine each frame rail. Also, take a close look at the two frame rails that cradle the engine. Specifically near the radiator. Seem like I've seen more than 1 bike with some dimples in the frame in this area. Keep and eye out for missing paint, cracked paint, dents, and dings.

Best of luck to you with the rebuild and hope you heal up quick.

Looks like you have fast reflexes and drive well to find a way through that without it being worse than it was. Glad you made it and hope you heal up quickly.

OMG, I haven't even read further yet. God, I hope you're alright....
Very happy you're alright..

I see you have a 90 model do you have collision coverage. They'll want to total it if you have a bent frame.
Options: CaptainKyle possibly still has a good 96 frame with title. PATMAX has or had a new unregistered frame...

Keep us posted and I don't care what grammar you use Bro....
Don;t have collision.Going to look at frame and forks wheel ect.Friday after reck i came in the drive way wife looked at me and cried.Im very thankful im loved as a husband and liked as a friend.try hard to be deserveing of these titles.

Very happy to hear that you made out ok, all considering. Heal up quickly and hopefully the bike faired out good to and just needs some cosmetic work only.

Mike

Thank you all so very much.when i came in the drive friday.wife looked at me and cried.I damn near cried too.I try very hard to be deserving of the love of my family.And very thankful of my friends here as well.I want to thank every one from the bottom of my heart for everything includeing donatons to the forum.For those that can god bless you'For those that can;t god bless you a little more!Hope for better times ahead.no i don't attend church it's just who i am.It;s how i try to live.THANK YOU ALL GOD BLESS terry.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but the main thing is you are OK! Now put together a list of what your VMax needs and we will see how we can help you out.

Im good.I can;t thank you all enough.Some paint missing at frame where triple tree mounts no weld broken;Left fork touches radaitor.Right one misses about 1/4 inch.Flat spot on frame about 6 inches behind right peg.rear fender mounting bolts pulled through and 5 or 6 other mostly minor problems.Gonna give it a try feels off center unsure?Anyway like i said i can;t thank you all enough.Like the song says.(THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND) terry

Good to hear you're a survivor.
The bike can be fixed, or replaced in time; you can't.
Keep us updated on status of bike, and parts needed.
I have a few extra parts available if necessary.

Watch out for all the cagers; we don't even exist to many of them.:confused2:
Drive defensively!

Drove to my wife's workplace today, to deliver some things she needed & had forgotten at home.
Coming into the parking area; a woman came around a blind curve in "my lane".
I got on the brakes & horn, and she barely missed hitting me head on.
I know exactly what she was doing...............
She was digging in her big purse for something; probably a damn cell phone!

I don't know what the hell people are thinking, but it sure as hell is NOT about driving.
NO doubt in my mind: these type of incidents are happening more & more often than they used too.
Dumb ass in a big, dually pickup passed me on the interstate doing about 85 mph not long ago; he had a damn laptop computer on his dashboard, and he WAS using it!

Jester 42

Im good.I can;t thank you all enough.Some paint missing at frame where triple tree mounts no weld broken;Left fork touches radaitor.Right one misses about 1/4 inch.Flat spot on frame about 6 inches behind right peg.rear fender mounting bolts pulled through and 5 or 6 other mostly minor problems.Gonna give it a try feels off center unsure?Anyway like i said i can;t thank you all enough.Like the song says.(THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND) terry

I'm a little concerned about the fork touching the radiator on one side and the flat spot on the frame....the triple is cast and will break before bending usually....did you check the stops closely to see if one is broken or chipped?

You think the flat spot on the frame might be where the road sign hit? Can you post a pic of that area? Weld cracks are very difficult to spot, do you have a good welding shop you can take the bike to for a look over, they may be able to give you some good info.

EDIT: Just looking the pics over again it appears the sign post hit the airbox cover....did the sign have two posts or one?

Good to hear you're a survivor.
The bike can be fixed, or replaced in time; you can't.
Keep us updated on status of bike, and parts needed.
I have a few extra parts available if necessary.

Watch out for all the cagers; we don't even exist to many of them.:confused2:
Drive defensively!

Drove to my wife's workplace today, to deliver some things she needed & had forgotten at home.
Coming into the parking area; a woman came around a blind curve in "my lane".
I got on the brakes & horn, and she barely missed hitting me head on.
I know exactly what she was doing...............
She was digging in her big purse for something; probably a damn cell phone!

I don't know what the hell people are thinking, but it sure as hell is NOT about driving.
NO doubt in my mind: these type of incidents are happening more & more often than they used too.
Dumb ass in a big, dually pickup passed me on the interstate doing about 85 mph not long ago; he had a damn laptop computer on his dashboard, and he WAS using it!

Jester 42

Yeah, narrow misses happen all the time, glad you escaped. Defensive driving is the order of business, especially on two wheels.

I recently honked my horn at someone halfway across the centerline as I prepared to dive to the shoulder, and the driver started screaming and cursing at me! Takes all kinds. In FL, *347 gets you the FL Highway Patrol and I just give them the tag # & location of which way the driver is heading, those 'drunk drivers need to be arrested!' Of course, that's hard on a bike, but on a car ride with a hands-free mike, 'no-problem!'

I have posted the pictures.The sign was a single pole weight 3or 400 pounds;held in the support by 4 5/8 bolts exit 53 b.I went back over the weekend becuase i think thats where i lost house keys.Bike i think hit sign bottom first then turned upright as sign was coming down.Thats how the top and bottom got hit 'bottom first.I have a friend that runs a machine /welding shop repaires drives and stuff for rockwell international.The bottom of the neck does have paint missing;and i believe a very small crack there as well.May not show in pictures.I rode it today about 20 mi.Seemes about 95%.Im concernred as well. Ill keep a eye on the frame as well as the tires.God only knows and time will tell.Havent got a lot to spare right now bought the wife a toyota a couple of months back.christmas coming soon got to get the grandkids wife ect something decent .GOD I hope im right a hospital visit or a funeral either one dosen;t look good to me.thank you danny. thanks everyone

Attachments

• Picture 085.jpg
    Picture 085.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 28
It's kind of hard to tell from the photos Pop but it looks like she took a couple pretty hard hits...I'll send you a PM with some random thoughts on the matter.

i " POPPOP " , I HAVE FRONT AND REAR FENDERS , AND ONE AIR BOX COVER , THEY ALL NEED PAINT , I BOUGHT THEM FROM THE GUYS ON THIS FORUM SO I COULD PRACTICE AIR BRUSHING AN PAINTING WHEN I GET ALL SET DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA , BUT THATS GOING TO BE A WHILE , SO IF YOU NEED ANY OF THEM , OR ALL OF THEM I WILL GIVE THEM TO YOU AND I'LL EVEN PAY SHIPPING ! .. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MAIL ME YOUR LUCKY CHARM ! . :rofl_200: , NNAAAAA' , I'M ONLY KIDDING , YOU KEEP IT ! . BUT I AM SERIOUS ABOUT WHAT I HAVE AND THEY ARE YOURS FOR FREE ! . :punk:

Back