Is This Forum History?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This forum isn't really that old, isn't it? I think I've been a member for alittle less than 2 years now, assuming I joined when I bought my bike. My bike was on the DL for almost an entire year, so my mind was off motorcycles for a while, so I wasn't posting anything. But I was visiting the site at least a couple times a week. Activities seem pretty steady since I joined. I just don't think there's that many V-Max owners that are also computer nerds. So I don't think this forum will ever get really active.

I'm curious, about how many V-Maxes have been produced? I also visit a GMC Syclone/Typhoon/Sonoma GT forum, which is alot more active than this one. I know only about 10,000 total Sy/Ty/SGT's were produced total, which would be directly proportional to how many people would be active on a forum. But I do know that that forum is alot older than this one. And also I'm thinking people have to fix their SyTy's more than they need to fix thier motorcycles, so maybe that's why that forum is alot more popular.

EDIT: Good lord, I didn't even see page two of this thread. Now my post makes no sense.

So I see that there are 2 recent posts here. I will add my 2 cents. I am glad it is still running. This forum has been very beneficial to me. I am not mechanical at all and I have learned alot about my V-Max in these last couple months that I have been a member. I never knew I could enjoy something as much as I have my bike. This is the first bike I have ever owned and the few that knew I was going to get it said I was NUTz ! I have never been happier:punk:. Thanks for having this forum that I can go to and see what is going on in the WORLD of the V-MAX. Learning or asking questions its been a great HELP. Thanks my V-Max Buddies ! :cheers:

This forum isn't really that old, isn't it? I think I've been a member for alittle less than 2 years now, assuming I joined when I bought my bike. My bike was on the DL for almost an entire year, so my mind was off motorcycles for a while, so I wasn't posting anything. But I was visiting the site at least a couple times a week. Activities seem pretty steady since I joined. I just don't think there's that many V-Max owners that are also computer nerds. So I don't think this forum will ever get really active.

I'm curious, about how many V-Maxes have been produced? I also visit a GMC Syclone/Typhoon/Sonoma GT forum, which is alot more active than this one. I know only about 10,000 total Sy/Ty/SGT's were produced total, which would be directly proportional to how many people would be active on a forum. But I do know that that forum is alot older than this one. And also I'm thinking people have to fix their SyTy's more than they need to fix thier motorcycles, so maybe that's why that forum is alot more popular.

EDIT: Good lord, I didn't even see page two of this thread. Now my post makes no sense.

The forum is just over a year old. The forum idea was a test run from posts on the Yahoo lists about wanting a forum. It went live in March of 06 and even then it was as a sub domain of my company's website. I think I registered the vmaxforum.net domain a month or 2 later. I remember I missed the .com name by about a week! DOH! :doh:

I found this forum in late april or may when I stumbled upon my Vmax and found I might be able to pry it out his hands. (I work with his Fiance', so I had inside leverage:whistlin: ) I joined this site in June soon after I bought my Max. I am fully confident that whatever problem I have, I will be able to get the correct advice here and know where to get the best deal on parts/ accessories. I also like the rides/ events segment although I haven't had the time to go to one yet, I know I will when time permits.:eusa_dance:
I appreciate the quick responses to calls for help and the patience they show for helping us noobs. :smileystooges: This forum pulls me in several times a day to check out what is happening.:thumbs up:

I too just recently joined this forum and while it's a bit small yet due to it's infancy, I really like it here and I'm sure the post content will go up as the membership grows. Heck, this is the "only" Vmax forum I've ever found (displayed in English) where folks aren't always fighting online to prove who's d*ck is bigger than the other, ( I *DESPISE* internet egos!) not to mention this is the most advanced online board I could find that has everything one could want from posting pictures to playing video games. Very modern!

I'm 35 years old, so I guess I'm the average demographic of the Vmax and in my opinion, this is a very good website and I hope it stays for a good long while.

Oh, by the way- if we all got together and had motorcycle functions/events as a group, more folks would be attracted to an active online group of guys/gals having fun with their machines, so with the 200-whatever model coming out soon, now is the chance to capitalize on that opportunity, as the Vmax excitement is about to be re-kindled all-over-again; just like in 1985! :)

john

So I see that there are 2 recent posts here. I will add my 2 cents. I am glad it is still running. This forum has been very beneficial to me. I am not mechanical at all and I have learned alot about my V-Max in these last couple months that I have been a member. I never knew I could enjoy something as much as I have my bike. This is the first bike I have ever owned and the few that knew I was going to get it said I was NUTz ! I have never been happier:punk:. Thanks for having this forum that I can go to and see what is going on in the WORLD of the V-MAX. Learning or asking questions its been a great HELP. Thanks my V-Max Buddies ! :cheers:

I found this forum in late april or may when I stumbled upon my Vmax and found I might be able to pry it out his hands. (I work with his Fiance', so I had inside leverage:whistlin: ) I joined this site in June soon after I bought my Max. I am fully confident that whatever problem I have, I will be able to get the correct advice here and know where to get the best deal on parts/ accessories. I also like the rides/ events segment although I haven't had the time to go to one yet, I know I will when time permits.:eusa_dance:
I appreciate the quick responses to calls for help and the patience they show for helping us noobs. :smileystooges: This forum pulls me in several times a day to check out what is happening.:thumbs up:

I too just recently joined this forum and while it's a bit small yet due to it's infancy, I really like it here and I'm sure the post content will go up as the membership grows. Heck, this is the "only" Vmax forum I've ever found (displayed in English) where folks aren't always fighting online to prove who's d*ck is bigger than the other, ( I *DESPISE* internet egos!) not to mention this is the most advanced online board I could find that has everything one could want from posting pictures to playing video games. Very modern!

I'm 35 years old, so I guess I'm the average demographic of the Vmax and in my opinion, this is a very good website and I hope it stays for a good long while.

Oh, by the way- if we all got together and had motorcycle functions/events as a group, more folks would be attracted to an active online group of guys/gals having fun with their machines, so with the 200-whatever model coming out soon, now is the chance to capitalize on that opportunity, as the Vmax excitement is about to be re-kindled all-over-again; just like in 1985! :)

john

A great way to keep this resource open is to donate some of your hard earned money to Buster... He can use it to pay the monthly server fees and he can also use it to add fun, little things to the site. You may be suprised what it costs to host a site...

Cheers
Chris

Best informed group of MaxHeads out there. Glad to be able to BS with you all!
Hopefully, I've added some useful information, and I sure do appreciate all I've learned here!

I plan on being here for a good long time!

I haven't been stopping by quite as often as I used to. I trashed my back last fall and just now getting comfortable on the bikes again.

:stickyman:

Got to ride this past Sunday. Two Aleeves and 150 miles. Good stuff!!!

:coolgleamA:

I just discovered this forum, and am impressed with what I've seen. I just acquired my Max last week (although I've lusted for one for quite a few years!), and have been looking for a good owners forum. I plan to join the VMOA, but was looking for something different, and found it here. I belong to a few other forums that admittedly have very large membership pools, but they have also been around for quite a bit longer. Based on what I see here, I am confident this site will grow and prosper!

I appreciate the level of expertice from the contributing members of this page, and will unabashedly borrow from that knowledge.

I just discovered this forum, and am impressed with what I've seen. I just acquired my Max last week (although I've lusted for one for quite a few years!), and have been looking for a good owners forum. I plan to join the VMOA, but was looking for something different, and found it here. I belong to a few other forums that admittedly have very large membership pools, but they have also been around for quite a bit longer. Based on what I see here, I am confident this site will grow and prosper!

I appreciate the level of expertice from the contributing members of this page, and will unabashedly borrow from that knowledge.

KC, welcome to the forum!:cheers::welcome_sign:

as a former mod I am glad this site is still here. I did cause a crap storm on Yahoo lists because there wansnt a real forum, so....

Re: Is This Forum History? MY My how we've grown!

I just reread this thread and made me proud to be a part of the best damn forum on the 'net!:worthy:
Thanks Buster!

DITTO,nothin comes close,you guys have been an insperation,Ive been in my garage for two straight months every chance I get,and prolly will be for the next two and when im done and post what Ive been up to,you guys will see the impact that this forum has had. its all about passion,and everyone here is passinate about their max and that damm mod monkey thats bitten us all.

we may not all check in every day, but we all know that when we do,and when we need help our fellow maxer will be there.wether its advice on a technical problem,or an oppinion on what color looks good,or any number of other bike and non bike related issues,Im proud to be a member here,and cant thank buster enough .

Agreed! I don't know if this the most informative forum I've been on, but it's by far the friendliest. I was just telling my co-worker the other day about how nobody bashes anyone on here. At least not that I've seen. Oh, and I'm in no way saying that this forum is not informative. I've gathered a plethora of info. So thanks to everyone that contributes to and keeps this place going. :worthy:

"If you build it, they will come". Not sure what's going on anymore. Is "you" having all kinds of technical difficulties or just losing interest? "They" are getting fewer and fewer with time. Is there anybody out there that can shed some light on this situation or is it time to move on, like so many have done already? It's starting to feel like the ancient catacombs. Ah yes, I remember them well.

A voice crying in the wilderness!:th_signs54:

Obviously this forum has matured tremendously since this post and has become, IMO, the premiere Vmax forum on the net.

Now I'm not saying that the other vmax forums are lacking either, but find that the Vmaxforum.net has a better sense of belonging.

Great bunch of guys with a wealth of knowledge and a willingness to share with the rest.

Now, if you feel the same way, hit the donate icon - this forum isn't free to run. Doesn't matter how much.

Mike

Last edited:
i have a hard time believing they considered this site a test because it was so close to failing LOL

Back