Its official - Thunder 2013

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rouge route is coming togather. The route is 6hrs riding and 265 mile so far. It will start and end at the hotel. With gas stops and food it will be a solid 8 hour ride. Im still looking at what to stop and see so it might be a 10 hour ride if we want to stop and see who knows what.....Mike

265 miles Divided by 80mph isn't 8 hours?

It is 8 hours on a vmax. I dont care how good you think that seat is rick.LOL. 80mph would be 3.3 hours and with fuel and food at least 5 hours and the hospital visit for trying to avarage 80mph on this route would take at least 3 hours if you live. Like i said if you want the front door take it. You will be getting fuel sooner than later.:biglaugh:

I know Rick's seat is comfortable but have never ridden LD on one. My Morley seat is proven to me with a 600+ mile day, stock peg location and no forward pegs to switch up with just stretch the legs at gas stops every 130-140 miles. I did this 10 or 11 hour ride coming back from 6 days of riding to and while at Thunder 2011.
I cannot wait for Thunder this year, Tom, Jeff, myself and others will have fun riding the twisties from Monday until the rest of ya'll show up on Thursday and Friday. Then more fun happens!:punk:

I cannot wait for Thunder this year, Tom, Jeff, myself and others will have fun riding the twisties from Monday until the rest of ya'll show up on Thursday and Friday. Then more fun happens!:punk:

:punk: What Brian just said !!! YES !!! :punk:

Gonna be the best one ever! A great group of people, super roads, and VMaxes! What could be better??

Lots & lots of SUNSHINE!!
I hope so Mike! 2011 there was a few days of light rain but nothing hard enough to keep us off the road. It seemed like we would ride into the next valley and the rain would stop then a couple hours later it would sprinkle a bit but nothing really bad enough to don the rain gear.

If you guys dont quit talking about rain the first thing im gonna do when i see you is kick you in the nuts. It will be SUNSHINE.

Sean and i have stepped up but dont have enough people saying that they will buy a shirt so it might be a bust.

I'm still not 100% sure that I'll be there but......................I did just reserve a room for the 19th thru the 22nd so I'm a little closer to committed. If I do go I will have a couple sets of MAXRELAXERs for any of you Gen II guys to try, the ROUGE RIDE would be the perfect time!

Ri ck i hope you can make it. I was hoping you would ride to the west virginia mountains with us on friday. Im working on finding a lunch stop today. We will be fueling in oakland and parsons of route 219 that way we will be fueling with in 70 miles each time.

Mike, that's not the rouge ride is it? I thought that was on thursday

Nope its on friday. I will be riding in on thursday and its a 300 mile ride to get to sumerset so i dont think i want to ride another 250 miles on thursday. We will miss some small stuff on friday but we will be back in time for the cook out. Maybe in time for the last hour of the dyno pull's. We can cut the ride a little short or if we are having alot of fun we can take a longer route in the appalachian mountains. Im thinking we will be riding from 630 am till around 5 pm. the hotel will have food for us at 6am so if we get moving by 630 we can have more time to enjoy the ride or we can get back for the last part of the dyno pull's. The ride can be done in 8 hours if we want to get back that fast.

I will not be attending Thunder this year... And as such I have a ground floor room at the Days Inn of Somerset w/2 double beds, in the rear section of the motel. The room is reserved starting on Wed. June 19th through Sunday, June 23rd.
I have a confirmation number for this room and first come first serve... [email protected]
I made the reservation before I left, last years event, and locked in a room price of 79.99/night or approx $320 for the entire event.
Don't let this get away.....
Later/Steve Jasse
Editor VBoost Magazine

Latest posts

Back