Looks like my riding season is over

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
I have heard a buzzing sound around 3k rpms for a while now. i just figured something was loose somewhere and never really pinpointed it down until yesterday. I started my bike and i heard the buzzing, so i got down and found what was making the noise, hope i didnt screw anything up by running it like this. wonder what would cause this to just break? guess i got to tear it apart and see whats going on and figure out how i'm going to fix it.

Attachments

• 2011-10-18_14-36-20_672 (Small).jpg
    2011-10-18_14-36-20_672 (Small).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 117
looks like the center broke out that holds the stator in place. You must not have ridden it much with that noise since it can't charge. If the picture is upright the wiring is torn on the stator and it's just spinning in there stuck to the flywheel.

We can probably fix that clear cover since we had a similar issue on some we made and have a fix for them.

Sean

I have heard a buzzing sound around 3k rpms for a while now. i just figured something was loose somewhere and never really pinpointed it down until yesterday. I started my bike and i heard the buzzing, so i got down and found what was making the noise, hope i didnt screw anything up by running it like this. wonder what would cause this to just break? guess i got to tear it apart and see whats going on and figure out how i'm going to fix it.

Damn, that sucks. Not sure what else to say.

There are some recent posts here about a similar thing happening to some of the stator covers Sean was selling. I guess he is working on a different design to eliminate the problem. Not sure why it does it? Guess removing all that material weakens things a bit too much for it to stay together?

Last edited:
shit bill. that sucks!

on your birthday nonetheless!

guess this is the excuse to go big bore?

hey man, that sucks. think for your bday you should get a bike table to help with the repairs hahahha

happy bday dude

Damn, I just ask if you wanted to go riding on the birthday thread. That sucks! I hope you get it fixed quick unless you just figure that's your bikes way of saying it's had enough for the season. Mine try's that almost every year. sometimes the bike wins sometimes I do. Anything I can do to help just let me know. Ed

From where I know this? :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Mine and several more ended like this one!

Looks like exactrep has the same problem.

Damn, that sucks. Not sure what else to say.

There are some recent posts here about a similar thing happening to some of the stator covers Sean was selling. I guess he is working on a different design to eliminate the problem. Not sure why it does it? Guess removing all that material weakens things a bit too much for it to stay together?
Becouse covers are cast...

Well, THAT'S a piss poor birthday present Bill!! But the name of the street in Schenectady that you're trying to think of is Henry St.!! :whistlin:

You can overnight at Timmy's place if you want, I'll 'bring you in'!! :punk:

I feel for you man. Is this something that requires cracking the case open to fix, or can he fix it through that plate?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That's the pits to have that happen on your Birthday Bill. I hope it's not serious and not to $ to fix.(happy birthday)
Steve

looks like the center broke out that holds the stator in place. You must not have ridden it much with that noise since it can't charge. If the picture is upright the wiring is torn on the stator and it's just spinning in there stuck to the flywheel.

We can probably fix that clear cover since we had a similar issue on some we made and have a fix for them.

Sean

Thanks Sean,
When i tear it apart, i will send it to you.
I probably wont do it till December though, might send you a few things to have chromed too :a014:

Sorry to hear of your bad news:bang head: Hope you had as good a day possible:ummm:

Well, THAT'S a piss poor birthday present Bill!! But the name of the street in Schenectady that you're trying to think of is Henry St.!! :whistlin:

You can overnight at Timmy's place if you want, I'll 'bring you in'!! :punk:

oh ya Henry street :doh:
couldnt for the life of me think of it...

you & Garrett are always looking out for me

Weakening the OEM covers is what we figured was our problem. We've got a considerably stronger design that we use now but have a design to repair the broken ones too. You'll have a damaged stator (may or may not be able to be repaired) and same with the pickup (it may or may not have been damaged).

There won't be many debris parts in there but the pan may need to be taken off to clean any parts out if you can't find them all.

It's not hard to get that cover off and i could always send a standard cover out to get you by until then!

Sean

Sounds like you have a good excuse to feed the monkey!!

please feed the monkey....Im going broke....please:wave bye:

Happy birthday at any rate
:band:

Latest posts

Back