Morley Muscle Jet kit/ the adventure begins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will there be a noticeable change in idle with this jet kit? I've heard some videos of the stage 7 with the ufo slash cut and it sounded like it had a cam.

I didn't notice one....mostly was an increase in intake "noise".

I've heard some videos of the stage 7 with the ufo slash cut and it sounded like it had a cam.

More than likely thats due to the Vboost is switched to be on all the time.
With the Morley kit it will idle the same if you have the Vboost open at idle.

Otherwise like Mark said, it will make more intake noise. It sounds great when it really starts to inhale.

At first I thought there had to have been something wrong with your bike... only 107 hp, but then I found a link that calculates HP based on altitude, and it looks like you would have 122HP at my altitude (740 ft). It's too bad you are up so high, I really found the bike to wake up around 120 hp... the front wheel likes to start coming up much easier and is much more fun to ride.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.slowgt.com/Calc2.htm#BasAltCal

Jeff

Jeff,

If you look at his dyno number, they are SAE therefore this means the correction factor has already been applied. Some say SAE correction isn't that correct at altitude. but SAE allows people to compare HP regardless of environmental changes. He would have to post his UNcorrected numbers for us to see how much power it is making up there vs the corrected SAE numbers.

Thanks,
Sid

Thanks for the replies, I really wanna get morley's jet kit if i end up keeping the bike. I love the way anything sounds when the intake is roaring.

Just getting the bike up to Washington, Lost 4,000 ft. in elevaton.

Looking for good shops to Dyno so I can re jet.

What do you think I should raise the mains before dynoing?

2 sizes??

they are at 140 right now.

Small round jets actually. $10 per set. I'd suggest going up 3 sizes at a minimum.

Sean

Just getting the bike up to Washington, Lost 4,000 ft. in elevaton.

Looking for good shops to Dyno so I can re jet.

What do you think I should raise the mains before dynoing?

2 sizes??

they are at 140 right now.

I'm at 440' and running 150 mains with the morley kit.

I just installed this kit on another bike and feel close now. When s rider is on the bike it stumbled a bit. 2 1/2 clip position now. I'm thinking 3rd clip. Can't wait to Dyno.

Thx guys, I'll go up to 150.'s so we don't blow it up.

Actually found a great priced dyno man up here.

I'll post data and we'll have some hard numbers for a 4,000 ft. drop.

Might be a few, I'm broke as hell.........:bang head:

I still have my old jets from the Morley kit.

Latest posts

Back