New Guy just bought 06 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and here was my sportster, clean fkin bike, with lotsa torque

IMG_2698.jpg

The question is have you rode it yet. Cause if not your never gonna think harley again......EVER:clapping::clapping::clapping:. Roy

Why thanx for the warm welcome guys and thanx on the info. My brother is definitely not happy with me with getting this bike, because he know that im prone to speeding...
Had couple of exhibition of speed charges already lol
Im trying to take it lightly right now

Im also wondering, does this bike get generally accepted by both sport bike crew or cruiser???
Knowledgeable Harley riders will respect your bike. They may not want to ride with you , but they will respect you for riding a quicker than their cruiser. The mod monkey will attack from time to time , fight it until your check book can keep up.

Nice looking Sporty! The sitting position will be a little different but you're gonna love the Vmax! :punk:
Thanx man!

The question is have you rode it yet. Cause if not your never gonna think harley again......EVER:clapping::clapping::clapping:. Roy
I rode the vmax for about 30 miles, the next day i have found that battery was shot... Well, its definitely way to powerful for me lol... but i love it

Knowledgeable Harley riders will respect your bike. They may not want to ride with you , but they will respect you for riding a quicker than their cruiser. The mod monkey will attack from time to time , fight it until your check book can keep up.

Yea, i will just upgrade the exhaust... im already snapping out of that mod bug from my car lol (ls1 t/a), just made it full bolt on

lol i remember i did like 90 mph in the city in a couple of seconds not even going WOT... lmao i know...
Oh and it does not handle like a dead tree...

I like Sportsters.......:punk:

The Vmax is WAY faster tho....

i will definitely start shopping for an exhaust...

BTW, since we have started talking about mods, what would be a nice mod where i could feel the performance gain? Maybe full exhaust? Power Programmer?

Also, what is the top speed of a bone stock 06???

Power programmer? You're funny... This baby is carb'd my friend... Marks, Holeshot or Kerker exhaust for sure plus Sean Morley's jet kit. I'm running 124 bhp to the wheel with Seans kit and my Holeshots. I now have the Marks pipes after a slow off destroyed the Holeshot setup.

The suspension and the brakes need sorted from the factory and then you add performance IMO. Stiffer suspenders go a LONG way to helping you control the bike and power.

Not sure what TRUE top speed is. I'm a bit of a fat ass but I've seen 140 on the speedo which translates to about 130 on GPS. It was still accelerating but the road was only so long... This was BEFORE I installed the Morley kit.

Chris

Quick question I spotted a vmax in Woodbridge Va. Very clean aftermarket headlight/fairing, But here's the kicker 74,000 miles yes you read correct. 74,000 it's a 2003 holy cow that is a ton of miles. IS THIS POSSIBLE maybe it's a typo? That means someone commuted 47.44 miles a day, 5 days a week. 237 Miles a week, for 6 years!!!

But that does not count days of rain, snow, whatever else. SO again is this possible?

Sup guys, im new here and already have some questions about my newly acquired 2006 vmax, onyx black with factory red flames and a headlight fairing... Thing is scary fast (considering that i only have 2 month experience on a bike)

I just have couple of questions, how many factory bhp does it have??? Is that a cruiser or a sport bike???
Also, How does it compare to an R6 or and R1 performance wise (straight line)

Mine is stock
Dont have pics yet, but looks identical to this one, except a headlight fairing...
2006vmax.jpg

Good lord man! 2 Months experience and you bought a MAX! Please, PLEase, PLEASE take it easy!!! This is far more bike than you need at this stage, so PLEASE respect it and take it easy! We don't want or need you to become another statistic!! I'd recommend you go as far as to disconnect the vboost servo for the first few months to a year. Learn to walk before you run. :punk:

Sweet ride and welcome!!

i will definitely start shopping for an exhaust...

BTW, since we have started talking about mods, what would be a nice mod where i could feel the performance gain? Maybe full exhaust? Power Programmer?

Also, what is the top speed of a bone stock 06???
IMHO..With only 2 months experience... TOO DAMN FAST !!!!!!!
WE ALL WANT YOU TO LIVE TO ENJOY IT AND POST ABOUT IT.
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

Quick question I spotted a vmax in Woodbridge Va. Very clean aftermarket headlight/fairing, But here's the kicker 74,000 miles yes you read correct. 74,000 it's a 2003 holy cow that is a ton of miles. IS THIS POSSIBLE maybe it's a typo? That means someone commuted 47.44 miles a day, 5 days a week. 237 Miles a week, for 6 years!!!

But that does not count days of rain, snow, whatever else. SO again is this possible?

My commute is 53 miles a day....:confused2:

Back in the late 80's I used to work for ARCO in Anchorage, we had a couple of people an engineer and another in central CAD with me that commuted from Wasilla to Anchorage (100+ miles round trip) 4 days a week for many years.

Both of them used thier motorcycles rain or sun in the summer for the gas milage.

But every day 5 days a week 52 weeks a year??? On the East coast I don't see how this is possible with rain and snow? Maybe they made it up by taking long trips?

What do they want for it????

Maybe it's a replacement Speedometer........:confused2:

I'll ride in the rain......But I don't like it......

I have ridden in the snow......just not on the Vmax......

Take a couple of iron but trips for vacations......and tour around on days off......it would add up quick:punk:

But every day 5 days a week 52 weeks a year??? On the East coast I don't see how this is possible with rain and snow? Maybe they made it up by taking long trips?

Who's to say he didn't take some touring holidays on it?:confused2:

What do they want for it????

$3,999.00
But after dealer BS and tags title, inspect

lOokin at $5,000 which is BS to me cause I can find one near that price somewhere on Craigslist.

Catcher is it's an '03
Close by
and has an after market headlight which I really like, sissy bar, and aftermarket exhaust. Looks clean

Most bikes with that many miles usually look ragged out.

Back