Oberon led turn signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
got a chance to install the led turn signals i got from Oberon. they are a easy install and made very well also very bright. the size of them is 2.75"long x 1.1" tall pretty compact.
here are some pics with the turn signals and lankees tail light looks great in the dark!!!
Chris

Attachments

• vmax pics 005.jpg
    vmax pics 005.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 153
  • vmax pics 010.jpg
    vmax pics 010.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 137
  • vmax pics 008.jpg
    vmax pics 008.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 127
  • vmax pics 011.jpg
    vmax pics 011.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 136
i have problem to install front turn signals, factory turn signals are three wires ( ground, red/green, blue) and i noticed the blue is runing light, how did u connect on urs ? when i only connected with ground and reg/green, i only got four turn signal blinking together. how can i fix this, can u help, please !!!

i have problem to install front turn signals, factory turn signals are three wires ( ground, red/green, blue) and i noticed the blue is runing light, how did u connect on urs ? when i only connected with ground and reg/green, i only got four turn signal blinking together. how can i fix this, can u help, please !!!
Yes, blue wire is for running lights.
Simple you have double +12V and one GND.
Blue + is constans and red/gr is blinking +.

I suspected that you've changed indicators to LED type and now have problems. Am I right?
It seems to be to less current to properly work signal relay.
Or you have a mess in your harness....

ur right, sir. im chenge to led type indicators, and now i have less current to signal relay, how can i fix this ? by add resistor ?

thanks for ur time

:bang head:

Yes, blue wire is for running lights.
Simple you have double +12V and one GND.
Blue + is constans and red/gr is blinking +.

I suspected that you've changed indicators to LED type and now have problems. Am I right?
It seems to be to less current to properly work signal relay.
Or you have a mess in your harness....

ur right, sir. im chenge to led type indicators, and now i have less current to signal relay, how can i fix this ? by add resistor ?

thanks for ur time

:bang head:

What you have is less resistance that won't trip your relay. Didn't you get a resistor pack with your LED kit? Most come with them. You'll need to install one per circuit (front & back) to run all LED signal lights together. It's easy to install.

What you have is less resistance that won't trip your relay. Didn't you get a resistor pack with your LED kit? Most come with them. You'll need to install one per circuit (front & back) to run all LED signal lights together. It's easy to install.
Youre right but what about sense of using led type and still get high power consumption?
IMHO there's no sense to instal led type if you still have high power consumption couse that resistor.
I've saved tons of watts with my rear lights.

Youre right but what about sense of using led type and still get high power consumption?
IMHO there's no sense to instal led type if you still have high power consumption couse that resistor.
I've saved tons of watts with my rear lights.

I'm not sure what the resistance value is but either way power consumption is minimal in comparison to incandescent bulbs, Unless you're over extended on your power use of your bike it seems like a moot point anyways.....IMO..........

Typicaly is 1000 Ohm.

Theres a difrence beteween the resistor who protects the led against burning with a high current and the resistor used only for get high current to properly work the signal relay.
Second case is simply the power waste.
In first case you will lost only about ~0,3 W each and in second case that will be about 5-10 W each.

IMO some benefits here. You can use parking lights much much longer, you will not force you battery harness and generator(like we all know that the stock battery is a piece of shit) and finely, theres lot of power that you can use somewhere else.

But hey, that just my toughts :)

My Rear LED signals were working great, until I installed the Rear LED tail light?

Now my signals do not seem to work properly?

I am having the same trouble. I just installed these http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/RUMBLE-CONCEPT-THUNDER-LED-TURN-SIGNALS..... Put the rears in, everything worked fine, put the fronts in and ran in to problems. When I turn the signals on now, all 4 flashers come on...if it isn't an easy fix I may go back to non LED signals...

You've got a few options on how to end the 4 way flash. You will need to take additional measures to correct the flash rate if it bothers you.
See here for some info. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=10877

Latest posts

Back