Pics of Hayabusa Calipers and late model rotors on a 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt, I got my front brake upgrade complete , I also choose to use r1 rotors and busa calipers with morleys adapters , also i used the busa master cylinder , and went with braided brake lines . Hope it stops good when I get done

get some pics when you get a chance. You won't believe the stopping power!

Sean

awesome. I have my R1 setup on the way from ebay. I would rather had the six piston setup but I didn't feel like doing adapters for the 1993 and up models. I have the 2000 R1 calipers, stock lines, master cylinder and reservoir. I will go to braided lines later for I am broke (and my list goes on and on)...I just made an offer on a house and it was accepted today. I will post pics of my brake job also.

I am gonna make my sig...This forum is the shit!:punk:

I've got one set of 6 pistons that will bolt to the newer forks. They are very hard to find though so not cheap.

Sean

I've got one set of 6 pistons that will bolt to the newer forks. They are very hard to find though so not cheap.

Sean

Yea we pm'ed eachother about that already. They were out of my price range and I got the R1 setup dirt cheap...cheaper than new pads for my stockers. Thanks again Sean for the offer.

John

I will post pictures as soon as I get my wife to take pictures , sheez her being a amatuer photographer you would think this would be an easy task.:biglaugh:

Jon6.0,

What kind of master did you use?

Here are some pics of Hayabusa calipers, R1 rotors, and Sean Morley adapters on a 85 Vmax. It sucks that one of the rotors I got is warped though. Now I have to take everything back off and get some more rotors.:bang head:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:eusa_dance: I have a pair of six-pot callippers laying around, been thinking about doing the same thing.
Looks good man.

Pics of mine now looks the same as his , I paid 110$ for calipers and master cylinder , with brand new brake pads on e-bay. And 40$ for the r1 rotors , and i think 90$ for the steel braided lines
240$ dirt cheap I think for a upgrade of this caliber . Jason:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_1099 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1099 (Medium).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1117 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1117 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 111
Indeed! What brand of lines are those? Not sure if I'm going to do Galfer or Hel.

Pics of mine now looks the same as his , I paid 110$ for calipers and master cylinder , with brand new brake pads on e-bay. And 40$ for the r1 rotors , and i think 90$ for the steel braided lines
240$ dirt cheap I think for a upgrade of this caliber . Jason:eusa_dance:
Nice upgrade and low cost too! +2!! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: I will be doing the same to mine over the winter, hopefully with similar low cost results.

They are galfer , Won't be able to try them out for couple weeks in the process of engine build .

Well, I think you should just coast down a hill w/o your engine. You can test your brakes that way. :) Take pictures.

so let me get this straight

can I upgrade to hayabusa calipers on my 97 vmax with out adapter?
and do I have to upgrade the rotors or stock would work fine?
and do I have to upgrade master cylinder or the stock would work fine?

I think hayabusa 2002 calipers came in black and I would love that on my max

Vitek

Huyabusa will not fit without some kind of adapter (which I don't make). I do have a set of 6 piston calipers (they are raging mans but he wants to sell them). I don't remember what they were from but had to be picked up from Europe.

You can use the stock rotors and master. Different master would only give a stronger braking power.

Sean

I'm putting the parts together for this and am wondering what kind of bolts were used to mount the Busa calipers to the adapters.

Also any info on SS lines that match up with the stock MC and Busa calipers would be greatly appreciated.

The bolt 10x1.25 mm, 15-20 mm long. You need a cap head screw/bolt because a regular hex head bolt head is too large and causes the bolt to bind up on the fork legs. Find it in chrome or stainless because hardened steel just rusts and looks like shit :bang head:

I have the FJR masters and the Busa calipers and it is freaking awesome. I just used the two line option when ordering and ran a separate line to each caliper.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 12
Back