Put a V-rod and it`s rider to shame today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
While riding back home from a thrift store today I went between the stopped cars at a signal I happen to come up side by side with a v-rod,
it was loud and we looked at each other and nodded to go for it. (poor guy actualy thought he had a chance)
I gave him a 1 1/2 second chance and spun the tire through the crosswalk paint but, my max shot past him like a bolt of greased lightnin`:rofl_200::eusa_dance:
We came to another light and he wouldn`t even look at me :rofl_200::rofl_200:
He took a right turn and roared off scarred and a smashed ego:damn angry:
I really thought that they were faster than that, I mean this guy was at WOT and tucked down.:ummm:
Harley`s ;;;;;PLAAAHHHHHH.
<<Dave>>:punk:

lucky you:clapping:Ive been waiting for that for two years now!

You know,
When I `m pissed off bout something,
I go lookin for them and come back feelin` better :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

My best friend rides and 08 Vrod and the day I bought my max we went out for a ride. Afterwards he told me "Once you get used to that bike your gonna leave me in the dust" I just had to smile. :clapping:

lucky you:clapping:Ive been waiting for that for two years now!

LOL me too! I keep hoping some wannabe will be there at some lights but there's never anyone..

I'd even take on another Max, with the Venture pumpkin I reckon I'd leave 'em for dead in the first couple of gears, as when it gets up in the revs it's got the legs on the standard tranny.

i cant wait to race a v rod :(

when i had my magna the only ones i could get to race me were ultra classics. one of them had his son on the back playing gameboy. at one point in time we really got going, but i never passed him, we got to a stop light and he said, "this has balls doesnt it!!"

i nodded,

then thought for a second... wait, this guy was racing???

i see him all the time, to this day he still probably thinks his harley could beat me lol!

imagine what the cops think chasing these on the interstate... the rider all tucked down and everything, they probably get on the radio and say "i think i have a runner??"

the harley guys have to be balls out redlining these bikes

I feel your pain, I haven't actually gone head to head on the street with a v-rod yet but check this out.

I was headed to work one afternoon (swing shift) in my P/U and decided to get some Taco bell on the way, so I pulled into the Walmart parking lot on the rarely used end to chow down, and a vrod parks next to me. I roll the window down and said "hey, nice bike. Is that a Vmax?" He says "NO, its a V-ROD!" oh...sorry.
We chatted about how cool it was, I told him that I now see that it was in fact a "V-ROD" then I said I thought there was a red Vmax lurking around town once in a while. He said he knew of it and was waiting for the chance to shut him down. I was shaking like i was about to get in a fight! WHY OH WHY of all days I decided to drive to work? anyway it was fun drawing out tales of wonder from this guy. Oh yeah the best part. He was so worked up that he got back on and rode off??? I was thinking...didn't he need something from Walmart? Haven't run into him yet but I will.

I did however race (dyno drag) a screaming eagle once. It was no comp, I pulled him all three times, badly... I paid for the run and waited for a challenger but most people bring friends or foe to these things but finally a guy walked over and started to ask the usual questions, is it stock, how much power, etc...I was honest, I'm a modest guy. He stared at my bike with crossed arms for a loooong time finally his hot scantily clad trophy wife finally brow beat him into going up with me. Crowd kinda went wild during the runs since you stay in one place an don't need to concentrate on much after the launch. I remember a couple of guys screaming and spraying beers on each other off on my side. After you come down off the lift gate you get a crowd checking the bikes out. One guy said that it wasn't fair because the v-rod isn't a real Harley anyway?!? Pulease...it has the best chance over the rest. anyhow thats my funny V-rod story. I high fived the guy and thanked him for the chance.

last weekend i was riding through lancaster and i came up behind a shiny new harley bagger with a guy in probably his early thirties with loafers and pretty hair .He looked over his shoulder at me and i gave him a friendly nod and he just turned back,cracked his throttle a few times and when the light turned he took off pretty quick(for a bagger).did this for a couple lights and the whole time i'm thinking to myself,wait till you hit the city limits bagger and i'm gonna smoke your ass so bad.unfortunatelly he turned into a bar right at the edge of town so i didnt get my chance but he is local and eventually i'm sure i'll get the chance to introduce him to the max.

I have had the Pleasure of Killing a few V-Rods since owning my Beloved
V-4 Legend. The first was a loud, lost of chrome Screaming Eagle V-Rod. Nope not a chance. Not off the line, Not when I was on one wheel and not when I shifted from 4th to 5th @120MPH. I let off around 135.

The second was the Midnight Rod? All blacked out.. Same story.

Pretty Much the same reaction, Those Vmax's are nasty:worthy:

Living in So.Cal.I ride with lots of V-rod's.They all know the score when it comes to drag raceing the MITYMAX.We stopped testing each other some time ago.If a good rider on a V-rod gets U in the twisty's they could beet ya.The Rod handle's way better then a 1st jen Max.....:tantrum:

Last edited:
Living in So.Cal.I ride with lots of V-rod's.They all know the score when it comes to drag raceing the MITYMAX.We stoped testing each other some time ago.If a good rider on a V-rod gets U in the twisty's they could beet ya.They handle way better then my 1st jen Max.....

it doesnt take much more than a mountain bike to beat a max in the twisties lol!!

they were made to do this :rocket bike:

Sounds like the word "V-ROD" is bringing a lot of excitement here :rofl_200:
V-Rod is a nice bike too, I will be glad to have both but will never give up my max.

Here at the red light, you meet a lot of 150 and 200cc, no challenge but a lot of fun seeing all those guys rushing after you.
When they arrive, they're so happy they have been smoked by a v-max :)
It's like a story to tell to their friends and kids :)

Beside the 200cc a lot of supersport compared to custom, roadster ...
I guess just a different culture. So I guess I won't see any V-Rod so soon.

Last edited:
I had a buddy that I used to go to the drag strip with all the time in texas he had a 2003 one of the 1100 Vrods. I out ran him by about a second the first few times we went then he put an exaust on diffrent pulleys & remapped it & done some work on the air box after that we ran real close my best time was 11.19 & his was I think 11.24 now they makae a 1250 Vrod that runs a little better.

i cant wait to race a v rod :(

when i had my magna the only ones i could get to race me were ultra classics. one of them had his son on the back playing gameboy. at one point in time we really got going, but i never passed him, we got to a stop light and he said, "this has balls doesnt it!!"

i nodded,

then thought for a second... wait, this guy was racing???

i see him all the time, to this day he still probably thinks his harley could beat me lol!

imagine what the cops think chasing these on the interstate... the rider all tucked down and everything, they probably get on the radio and say "i think i have a runner??"

the harley guys have to be balls out redlining these bikes
Hey bro, Don`t get too excited or worked up about it.
It`s not really a race at all, I let him go to second gear (so he could think that I was in experienced or something ) and spun the tire when I crossed the crosswalk paint (the street was hot) and I caught him and shot past him like he was stuck in mud but, yhe thing that pissed him off was as I passed him I looked over at him and smiled and I think thats when he realized that I
was fucking with him.

A few V-Rods have made the mistake of trying to run against Toxic:biglaugh: Most of them are pretty cool after getting smoked, but one dude on a Nightrod just kept on going LOL. He was smack talking like no tomorrow and I just had to take him up on his offer of a race. Not too sure how far ahead I was cause I don't need to look in the mirrors only to the front, but I put a foot down and he ran the stop sign and kept on going:punk:

There is a Vrod running around London, On that I want a piece of though. He has a 240 rear tire, lowered, pipes (this thing is stupid loud), and always seems to be going the opposite way I am. Have heard from some bros around that he says it will smoke a Max...... just have to show him that ain't true.

There was also the time when Veebooster and myself were in Port Dover and a guy wanted to take pics of our Max's. He then proceeds to tell us that his bike would smoke anyone in the parking lot. Now mind you that there were probably 50-60 bikes parked, most were Harleys but there were some sportbikes mixed in as well, so I couldn't resist asking him what he rode. He proudly stated "A Rocket 3, and it will kick the crap out of any bike here!!!". Thank goodness Veebooster was there cause I probably would have lost my license proving him wrong (the police had speed traps at both ends of town:bang head:).

Stock 1250 Vrod vs stock '06 Vmax.. Didn't get a chance to drag them, but instead did a 40mph, 4th gear roll-on. The Max held him off about a half-bike's length up to around 95 or so and then started to walk away. Not bad considering a 40mph roll-on isn't exactly the Max's greatest strength.

My neighbor just got a vrod in decemner & has made comments how he can run with me now I can't wait till he gets it out...

I've got one where I used to work that liked to loudly ask "hows your jap bike" I will see nimrod on the road sooner or later.Hope I don't suck his conchos down my air box on the way past him.

i've been trying to come across a V ROD at a light for about 3 years now while on mine. i've raced a few other hogs, some of my buddies have work done to theirs and still cant touch my max. congrats on your embarrassing the rod owner!!!

Back