R1 front end with cycle one off tripple tree

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike i was talking about with no side scoops...

Attachments

• v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 110
  • v96.jpg
    v96.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 110
After riding the bike, I am at a loss for words to describe the sheer difference this front end made. I installed the 200 tire a few months before an that did make a big improvement, but only after the R1 conversion, did the bike feel completely different. It feels light and agile, it wants to throw itself into the turns, and It begs to go faster. If I would ever recommend a modification, it would be to put all else on hold until you save up and buy the R1 front end!

Attachments

• My vmax 4.JPG
    My vmax 4.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 116
  • My vmax 3.JPG
    My vmax 3.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 126
After riding the bike, I am at a loss for words to describe the sheer difference this front end made. I installed the 200 tire a few months before an that did make a big improvement, but only after the R1 conversion, did the bike feel completely different. It feels light and agile, it wants to throw itself into the turns, and It begs to go faster. If I would ever recommend a modification, it would be to put all else on hold until you save up and buy the R1 front end!

I'll 2nd that, but go all the way w/ wheels, brakes and calipers.:clapping:

Hi Travolous,

I also have ordered a COO front-end kit with R1 forks
Do you know if a hyperpro steering damper wil fit the COO tripple tree ?
What about mounting a flyscreen ?:ummm:

What are these 1" fork extensions from Sean??? My bike is still too low with the 2" extensions from COO. My belly pan an exhaust headers are begging for ground clearance.

You may be out of luck. I don't think you'll be able to do any longer since you may run out of fork clamping area. May need to swap to another fork that is longer.

Is that a 17"rear wheel, too?

What are these 1" fork extensions from Sean??? My bike is still too low with the 2" extensions from COO. My belly pan an exhaust headers are begging for ground clearance.

What kind of extensions are they..external or internal? I have 125mm internal extensions on my Hayabusa forks so length is not a problem with internal extensions. I actually wrote a Vboost article with pics about it years ago. Now since they are on line for free, you can take a look at it on the VMOA site.

What kind of extensions are they..external or internal? I have 125mm internal extensions on my Hayabusa forks so length is not a problem with internal extensions. I actually wrote a Vboost article with pics about it years ago. Now since they are on line for free, you can take a look at it on the VMOA site.

DO you have a link? IM curious about that as i recon 125mm to be way too much to extend internally unless is extended by the top bolt.

DO you have a link? IM curious about that as i recon 125mm to be way too much to extend internally unless is extended by the top bolt.

No link..you have to go to VMOA and search USD in the Vboosts. Essentially if you unscrew the top cap of a fork, you make a hollow extension which replicates the threads of the fork cap so it will screw back into the fork (it is also thicker than the fork tubes). Make this to desired length. The bottom end of the extension is solid but is threaded to accept a modified original fork cap. The original fork cap is reduced in diameter and threaed to fit inside the extension and is screwed back into it from underneath. The extension (with the modified cap) is then screwed to the original internals of the fork and screwed back into the fork tubes.

Back