Releasing the Inner Beast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
picture.php

This started out as a simple re-badging project. I had found some Decepticon badges and thought about using them to dress up the out-dated intake manifold covers, but they were too big. After much deliberation, I finally settled on replacing the Vmax emblems on side covers with them. I thought that that was the end of the story, the monkey was fed and all was well.
Decepticon Badge.jpgDecepticon Badge 2.jpg

A few days later, I was trying to figure out what to do with those out-dated intake manifold covers, but couldn't figure out anything. That is, until I started cleaning up the mess I left behind when I upgraded the forks. I stumbled upon the original emblems buried underneath some dirty rags. Ay voil?, Bingo, That's it! The monkey was fed and all was well.
VIMA Cover Badge 1.jpgVIMA Cover Badge 2.jpg

That is until I found some LEDs left over from a botched project. Hey, wouldn't it be cool if....
VIMA Cover Badge Lit Up 1.jpgVIMA Cover Badge Lit Up 3.jpgVIMA Cover Badge Lit Up 2.jpg

But it wasn't until the monkey said "Let's see what it looks like with the lights off" when the true novelty of the mod revealed itself. :rofl_200:
Lit VIMA Cover Badge In Dark 2.jpgLit VIMA Cover Badge In Dark 1.jpgARRRRR.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that's slicker than Owl Shit and it's got an Evil Glow too....:biglaugh:

Very nice and original . I'm still thinking about the scoop cut out mod with leds behind the " Yamaha " in a pale blue shade.

Last edited:
I like the Decepticon tags! I've been thinking of doing one of my bikes with Decepticon tags, and the other with Autobot. LOL- I'd have to build a wall down the middle of the garage to prevent battles! I think the 'Alp's gonna need a couple of buddies to take on Mr Max!

Back