Side covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

355cid

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Vmax side covers are made of ? I sent them to Jet-Hot to be coated and they told me they were aluminum and were too thin to be coated with their product. They said that they had to get them really hot to cure the coating and they might melt. I saw a listing somewhere that said they were tin and if so, they should be able to withstand the heat. Whaddaya think?:ummm:

Does anyone know what the Vmax side covers are made of ? I sent them to Jet-Hot to be coated and they told me they were aluminum and were too thin to be coated with their product. They said that they had to get them really hot to cure the coating and they might melt. I saw a listing somewhere that said they were tin and if so, they should be able to withstand the heat. Whaddaya think?:ummm:

Don't know your answer but believe I'd listen to Jet-Hot.

:punk: They are Aluminum but should hold up to the heat. Good Luck, Spurs

O.K., Thanks for the input. I guess Plan B will be getting them powdercoated. I had Jet-Hot coat my airscoops and I was kinda wanting the side covers to match, but the chrome powdercoating should be pretty close. :pullhair:

Why Jet Hott on side covers? Something I don't know about? Powdercoat wears like iron , easy to clean and stays glossy not to mention cheaper

Magnet tests! :clapping:

Back