Star Vmax Site - Biased?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From reading all the comments, it sounds like they are sorta "For Profit"
website right? If UFO wanted to build and moderate a Vmax website, who's to say he can't or shouldn't and thusly dictate the content right!
Does the Star site have all the open statistical data on the home page like Buster has? I don't see any attempts to cloak, veil or squelch participation here. Seems like we almost self moderate here and you guys call a spade a spade when you see one or when there is dissention, at least we can hear others viewpoints. Even when our Polish brothers call us "girlie boys", it's all good. Shit, I'd get sick of uniformity, conformity, and the whole kum by ahh mentality.
Guess since I do some powdercoating on the side, I'd be paying $800 bucks for the privledge to participate there!
Yeah right, think I'll stay right where I'm at.
"Wake Up Uhhmarica"

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I frequent both sites. I’m on the starvmax site more than this one because it’s more geared to Gen 2’s. Sean Morley is a class act. Sean is a vendor that I have recently done business with for the first time, and will continue to do business with him in the future. I’m torn because starvmax has a lot of good natured, helpful members, as does this site. Also, starvmax has excellent vendors. Tim Nash, Dale Walker and Brock Davidson to name a few. I think that the moderators at starvmax do a good job. I also think that Sean is an excellent vendor.
Twistedmax, tell me about this seat of yours.

Hammer,

No Gen II seat yet, I was hoping to get some feed back from the starmax site but I cant look for it overthere, Ive got some ideas and hope to hook up with some Gen II guys this season for there thoughts. I will start in the fall with a new Gen II design.Untill then I modded A gen II seat that I picked up from the starmax site, in fact I have three stock gen II seats . The Gen I seat I did, you've prolly already seen here, the MAXGASSER.

Hammer,

No Gen II seat yet, I was hoping to get some feed back from the starmax site but I cant look for it overthere, Ive got some ideas and hope to hook up with some Gen II guys this season for there thoughts. I will start in the fall with a new Gen II design.Untill then I modded A gen II seat that I picked up from the starmax site, in fact I have three stock gen II seats . The Gen I seat I did, you've prolly already seen here, the MAXGASSER.

I would be more than willing to give input if you need it. I have 25,000 miles on my stock seat. I have always wanted to find a better seat, but I do not want to pay an arm and a leg for a Corbin.

Never been anywhere but here but It sounds like I don't need to!

Everyone here is so positive and willing to help I think nice people find each other
And douchbags do too!!!

P.s. Anyone who Don't want Seans input is crazy

Thanks guys! By the way, we have also done a gen 2 seat and I think Rick's ended up very similar to ours. Not sure what he is planning on the gasser version but yamaha didn't leave him much room to work with.

Pics of our gen 2 seat is on the morleys muscle facebook section.

Sean

Thanks guys! By the way, we have also done a gen 2 seat and I think Rick's ended up very similar to ours. Not sure what he is planning on the gasser version but yamaha didn't leave him much room to work with.

Pics of our gen 2 seat is on the morleys muscle facebook section.

Sean

I didn't realize that you had this product. I sent you an email.

Sean: I posted on my observations on the workings of SVM site in the "Quick Intro" posting under the Pit Stop section

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=235305#post235305

Without an analysis of the content is difficult to say what is going on over there... All that I can say is that from reading SVM related postings is that the site owner(s) and moderators are not really making a positive impression on the VMax community.

Just so you know I was banned multiple times by the same moderator (after some interesting online exchanges in the forum board waaay back) ... LOL :punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Cheers!

Well, just a quick question for them (I know some of you are members to both sites). Of course I am on someones "shit list" since I am banned (I think for making comments about another product I saw). As most of you know I like to give my opinions on everything whether it's good or bad. I'll also point out the competitions products and my review of them (good or bad). Sometimes I lose a sale but gain a customer for other stuff in the future.

Anyway,
Looks like a review of a handlebar product by a happy customer, was taken down by the moderators over there. Seems like it's ok to post reviews of other peoples products but not one of mine?

Last thing i was told happened before it was deleted, was that a comment by a mod was made that said I had turned down the "site sponsor" offer and they were going to lock the thread. This is true. I sell so little gen 2 products that there is no way I can cost justify the excessive charges they want over there.

Plus, I think they must have the idea that every post I make is trying to sell my stuff? Not sure where they got that from other then my signature which I was warned about and mods changed for me (and told me after the fact). Nevermind that I have a ton of knowledge that could help them with some of their issues (even though I don't have a ton of experience on the gen 2).

Their site doesn't exactly have a lot of members but it's still a good site for the gen 2 crowd. Probably only a dozen or so "actively" participating members. Not getting recognition over there isn't going to cause me to go under or commit hara-kari but it does seem a bit hypocritical of them (the moderators).

Anyway, thought I would post up yet another reason why I like this forum so much. We are all free to post comments with little or no moderation.

Sean

Last edited:
I wonder how the Captain does it? I don't see him as a supporter on the list but still see his posts selling his stuff? I guess we all have our favorites lol.

Sean

I wonder how the Captain does it? I don't see him as a supporter on the list but still see his posts selling his stuff? I guess we all have our favorites lol.

Sean
I dont post stuff for sale unless its specificaly ask for. I posted a few things when I joined & they said not to so I just dont do it now unless some one says they are looking for it. On top of that I think they know my Vmax stuff is more of a hobby than a buisness. I can get new stuff but I very seldom push it any where. All in all these are both great forums & I dont have a problem wth either one & if I wanna drag race it seems like the Gen 2 guys are the only ones that want to go.

I signed up to Star Vmax right from the first days they opened shop. VMOA was better than that site and VMF better than them. Seemed like a group of Gen2 elitests so I just stopped going there. Seeing what goes on there makes me question who runs or hosts the site. Buster can look for my next donation as a forum supporter.

Yup...that time of year for me too I believe.....money WELL spent!!

I would agree that the gen 2 guys seem more up for the race! But, back in the day when the gen 1 vmax ruled the street it wasn't hard to get them out to the track (though they still liked the street better).

I did the same thing as you Kyle but the various mods over there are pretty hypocritical. Oh well. As most have noted - I don't miss it much. I do agree that there are plenty of good guys over there (and I have met a few in person).

Sean

I still cant believe the SVM operational measures...

There is one very interesting thing I observed..... the VMF has less instances of people being banned than the (SVM) and yet the SVM's peanut gallery (names withheld ;-))that hold membership in the VMF forum is more controlled on their abusive postings to the VMF list... hum.. I wonder why????

I guess oppressive 'clickish' forums (SVM) DO incite deviant behaviors while more open and self-regulating groups (VMF) tend to be more tolerant, stable, and caring with their members. No wonder even though we have problems here in the US our quality of life is still better than in most places around.

Anyway... enough of this nonsense... out to ride my duck...

Cheers

:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Haven't heard from you lately Amaury. Saw an appealing Duc on CL yesterday but there is more dire need for my Gen 1 projects.
Thanks Springfield for the Bump to support the Forum. CDN is worth more than USD now?! Ouch
Hope everyone considers donating. One piece of good advice or part bought on the cheap can save one tons of cash. Just saying...

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I would agree that the gen 2 guys seem more up for the race! But, back in the day when the gen 1 vmax ruled the street it wasn't hard to get them out to the track (though they still liked the street better).

I did the same thing as you Kyle but the various mods over there are pretty hypocritical. Oh well. As most have noted - I don't miss it much. I do agree that there are plenty of good guys over there (and I have met a few in person).

Sean

Sean, they have a very strict "Vendor" policy over there, it's been in place from day one. I don't agree with all aspects of it but it is what it is. There are some over there that have the moderators ear so to speak , that make it hard for them to look the other way. Hang in there though.....there are others that are working behind the scenes and out in the open on the forum, on your behalf.

I realize that you are friends with many of your customers....and that is how you run your small company.....but remembering the old saying "Business is Business" is the best advice I can give you........try not to take anything related to "Business" to personally.

Mark

I don't have a problem keeping the business side as such but it seems to work so much better when you treat your customers like your friends!

Sean

The power-hungry mod forum isn't all that uncommon, especially in smaller communities where it's possible for one person to police every single post.

They see it as "their" forum, on "their" website, and anybody who joins is now a subject of "their" kingdom. If you try to sell things that they aren't getting a kickback from, take it down. You post something contrary to common belief? Gone. Disagree with a mod? Banned. You can't anger His Majesty or you will be exiled.

I don't doubt some of these mods might be decent people in "real life", but an internet community is apparently too much "authority" for people to hold without using it regularly.

I actually got kicked off a forum for minibikes. It was obviously more dedicated to vintage/resto stuff, but I posted my build with loads of pictures. It was based off a generic Chinese frame, which these "experts" picked out at once, and just started trashing it..."nobody here wants to read about your chinese junk"....from a mod. I perused the mod's post history and found a few pictures....there were some shots of a 350lb fat-ass sitting on a 3" wide seat(with about 6" of "overhang" off each side) puttering around on a tiny minibike. This was his "custom". I responded that he'd definitely have an edge for traction, mine annoyingly spins out whenever I hit the gas, but I bet he doesn't have that problem. He responded with a rather creative string of expletives, told me I was on "thin ice" and that I better "show more respect to community leaders". I responded that I hoped he wasn't on the ice with me. He banned me.

The power-hungry mod forum isn't all that uncommon, especially in smaller communities where it's possible for one person to police every single post.

They see it as "their" forum, on "their" website, and anybody who joins is now a subject of "their" kingdom. If you try to sell things that they aren't getting a kickback from, take it down. You post something contrary to common belief? Gone. Disagree with a mod? Banned. You can't anger His Majesty or you will be exiled.

I don't doubt some of these mods might be decent people in "real life", but an internet community is apparently too much "authority" for people to hold without using it regularly.

I actually got kicked off a forum for minibikes. It was obviously more dedicated to vintage/resto stuff, but I posted my build with loads of pictures. It was based off a generic Chinese frame, which these "experts" picked out at once, and just started trashing it..."nobody here wants to read about your chinese junk"....from a mod. I perused the mod's post history and found a few pictures....there were some shots of a 350lb fat-ass sitting on a 3" wide seat(with about 6" of "overhang" off each side) puttering around on a tiny minibike. This was his "custom". I responded that he'd definitely have an edge for traction, mine annoyingly spins out whenever I hit the gas, but I bet he doesn't have that problem. He responded with a rather creative string of expletives, told me I was on "thin ice" and that I better "show more respect to community leaders". I responded that I hoped he wasn't on the ice with me. He banned me.

Now that's some funny schitt right there...:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back