VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Little Windscreen

I put one of the small OEM Yamaha tinted ones on my bike and noticed absolutely ZERO difference.
It's just a sporty cool looking item.Yamaha call's it an "instrument cowl" I love mine even though it really has no function other then keeping the bugs off the speedometer IMO.....:rockon00:

That's probably because you are the windscreen Jim. And, what does it matter when we are tearing up the Arkansas asphalt at 100+!

Agree.

For people above 180cm windscreen is a waste of money and time.
The wind will blow directly to your head.
Besides, I will never exchange the wind blast into chest for anything!

You do know it goes on the front!?:rofl_200:

If you're implying I may be stupid..........................I'm not amused. Have a good laugh though. I'm sure you earned it....somehow. :ummm:

Best windshield for a 6' 3'' tall rider

I've been riding my '06 for years, rain or shine, thru cold and warm days (coldest was 28F, warmest around 115F), but now I'm planning a long ride from Seattle to Laguna Seca for the Moto GP in July, and I think I could benefit from the protection of a windshield. I'm just worried about turbulence... What are my options?

Re: Best windshield for a 6' 3'' tall rider

I've been riding my '06 for years, rain or shine, thru cold and warm days (coldest was 28F, warmest around 115F), but now I'm planning a long ride from Seattle to Laguna Seca for the Moto GP in July, and I think I could benefit from the protection of a windshield. I'm just worried about turbulence... What are my options?

you've got something like this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260751102369&crlp=1_263602_304652&ff4=263602_304652&viewitem=&guid=ba523bde12e0a026529768a7ffc30f8c&hlp=false&rvr_id=218937941030&ua=WXF%3F&itemid=260751102369
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280636792960&viewitem=#vi-content

when i bought my max it had something like this installed, i take it off and on depending on my mood. http://compare.ebay.com/like/270710...fc30f8c&itemid=270710356687&ff4=263602_304662

the PO also threw something that looks like this in his offer. i can't be 100% sure though as a far as what it looks like. i haven't taken a tour warranting its need--it is still in the box with the hardware: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NATI...dZViewItemQQcategoryZ35567QQitemZ370493732719

Re: Best windshield for a 6' 3'' tall rider

I've ridden my Vmax through torrential downpours with just a small Givi windscreen. Iit was OK but I have full rain gear and used rainx on the helmet faceshield. Although in the middle of the rainstorm I would have liked a full whindshield! Either way your gonna need rain gear and rainx.
If you are going to a place where you can leave the full windshield while at the races (hotel/ friends) you can just mount the full windshield over the mini and take it off once you reach your destination.

Attachments

• 100_2110.jpg
    100_2110.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 80
Today I have just recieved this type of windshield for my 85 Max. It mounts on the turn signals. No need to relocate them. It's about 10 inches tall and10 inches at the widest point. I have yet to install it. I will give my opinion on this as soon as I get it mounted and go for a ride. To windy today having 50 mph gusts today up here in the mountains. Heres a few pics of the shield. I'll post more when I get it mounted. :banana:

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 50
Today I have just recieved this type of windshield for my 85 Max. It mounts on the turn signals. No need to relocate them. It's about 10 inches tall and10 inches at the widest point. I have yet to install it. I will give my opinion on this as soon as I get it mounted and go for a ride. To windy today having 50 mph gusts today up here in the mountains. Heres a few pics of the shield. I'll post more when I get it mounted. :banana:

I have been watching those w/shields and debating on whether to get one. I look forward to your review.

G Man

I Finally have my wind shield mounted. The only thing it's still to gusty yet to ride thru the canyon or on a nice open road. The weather is going to be better by monday and I have the day off. I will try to get out and see if this is a good purchase for a taller rider. I also put some chrome carb side covers on. If I can't ride I'll acessorise! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 77
I Finally have my wind shield mounted. The only thing it's still to gusty yet to ride thru the canyon or on a nice open road. The weather is going to be better by monday and I have the day off. I will try to get out and see if this is a good purchase for a taller rider. I also put some chrome carb side covers on. If I can't ride I'll acessorise! :biglaugh:
Windshield looks great dmax1 as well as carb side covers!:clapping: Who makes those carb covers?
I think you 'll find the windshield will take the wind off your chest but if your tall that will probably be about it. I'm just a tad below 6' have a lowered seat (2-2.5") and the wind just hits the bottom of my helmet at speeds above 40 mph. Once you get used to it though and you ever take it off you will really feel the wind it was blocking.

Redbone I will get you the company that makes them as soon as I find the reciept. I will post the company later tonight or pm you. I have to work a late shift tonight and I will be stepping out the door soon. I am looking forward to mondays ride with the new shield. I'll be able to get up to highway speeds for a sustained period. I will let you know how it works for me. :eusa_dance:

:clapping:Here is the address for the sight to find the carb side covers. they have gone up in price since I bought mine . They are from japan. I know they are still shipping from thier store because I had recieved mine even though they had the earth quake. I think thier a little pricey but they are the best I have found so far. Also watch as you scroll down there are two differnt prices. I have had others from differnt manufacture and had sent them back because of poor quality. these seem very well put together . Time will tell. http://shop.ebay.com/american24store/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Thats the GIVI A123 screen I see. I have one of those on my vmax too. I love it. The mounting bracket polishes up nicely too!

Back