Thunder 2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Wonder" why? Because of the one or two negative nay-sayers. People with nothing better to do than live in the past. You all had your time in the VMOA and had some pretty good times from what I've heard and read about. For one reason or another good or bad people have left but NOT moved on! That's why.

Trevor,

I checked out your post on starvmax. It has gotten a lot of views! Hope you get some good suggestions.

Blaine

"Nobody":
Sounds like you've got a problem with your attitude. Trevor was very hospitable in offering me a place to stay at Thunder last year - he's no idiot, and personally, I object very strongly to you insulting him.

Thanks Bill. Are you in for Thunder this year?

I'm kicking around the idea of hitting Deals Gap before Thunder this year.

Like wise, last year was my first ,and this year I plan on bringing the wife.maybe a "couples ride" or something simalar.

Hey Rick,

You've decided to make the trip again this year? Coolness! It was nice meeting up with you last year and seeing your introduction of the maxgasser seat too! Sounds like we will have a lot of new faces this year. I am going to round up the MD gang to ride up. So far 3 here.

Mike, I'll see you there again this year. met alota great friends last year from all over. Got my room at days inn within a week after getting home from thunder last year. Had a great time.

Ron

I would be up for the Gap too Trevor if you want to go!!!! I just need to know so I can make sure I schedule enough time off.
Hmm, which route would you be taking? If you go through Michigan I could be convinced to tag along! Probably would have to miss the Icebreaker but running Deals Gap would be cool!
I am planning on Thunder, I already have 6 days off work. I could add 2 more days to the front of that easy enough, if I book it soon.

Gonna be there, Trevor! ON THE MAX!

Hope to hook up with you in NY, Bill! My son is looking forward to it too. Trying to get the time off for Thunder and still have enough vacation to visit the parents in Nova Scotia.

Any road with nice scenery and twisties would be great. I'll be riding 2-up with my son so I'll be keeping an easy pace. Like bigrubbers4x4 said...I don't need a speeding ticket!

Cheers!

Blaine

Trevor,

Make sure to take in Hwy 28...lots of great sections that are on par with the Dragon and WAY fewer radar jockeys. Really nice section of Hwy 28 called Fontana Road that joins up with the US129 and another great section north out of Franklin, NC.

Bonus: lots of gas stations along the way and a decent shop in Franklin in case Jim joins you! LOL!

Blaine

i will probably be taking a group or two on a ride. i know lots of roads with twisties. what time does the first ride leave out i wonder. i guess i can schedule a time closer to the event. depending on group size will depend where we go i guess.

Trevor,

Make sure to take in Hwy 28...lots of great sections that are on par with the Dragon and WAY fewer radar jockeys. Really nice section of Hwy 28 called Fontana Road that joins up with the US129 and another great section north out of Franklin, NC.

Bonus: lots of gas stations along the way and a decent shop in Franklin in case Jim joins you! LOL!

Blaine

So are you saying I need to find gas stations???? :rofl_200: Actually my mileage is up pretty good now that I have a MAP that works fairly well. By Thunder I will have it dialed in for sure.

what time does the first ride leave out i wonder.

Hey Sam, that's what the committee is designed to do. Get all the suggestions together then lay out a plan/schedule. It will be intersting once we have the plan together to see how many actually use it compared to making their own plans. As long as we can accommodate the majority then it will be worth it.

Hey Sam, that's what the committee is designed to do. Get all the suggestions together then lay out a plan/schedule. It will be intersting once we have the plan together to see how many actually use it compared to making their own plans. As long as we can accommodate the majority then it will be worth it.

where does this committee put the suggestions? who is all on it? VMOA members i am assuming. just let me know when and what time and i will see what i can do.

What are the plans already in place, I know there is a hotel that everybody last year went to, is it the same this year? Should I book now? What days do everybody normally arrive?
I was planning on arriving Wed night/ Thurs mid day, dependant on Thurs activities. But if the trip to Deals Gap is on I want to go on that as well!

I would be up for the Gap too Trevor if you want to go!!!! I just need to know so I can make sure I schedule enough time off.

Jim, First week of May and the 26 th - 28 th of August are currently the dates I'm aware of for Maxers at the Gap / Tail O. T. Dragon. :punk:

what are the plans already in place, i know there is a hotel that everybody last year went to, is it the same this year? Should i book now? What days do everybody normally arrive?
I was planning on arriving wed night/ thurs mid day, dependant on thurs activities. But if the trip to deals gap is on i want to go on that as well!

+1

where does this committee put the suggestions? who is all on it? VMOA members i am assuming. just let me know when and what time and i will see what i can do.

The committee is still in it's early stages of formation. It will be open to ANYONE wanting to participate, this is not a VMOA exclusive.
As in my opening post, please submit ideas to my hotmail account ([email protected]). Thanks.

Back