Thunder 2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfisher65

Reaction score
New this year, there will be a Thunder Committee put together for organizing rides, events, activities and feedings for this year's Thunder in the Valley (Jun. 23 ~ 26). I am starting things off by asking for your suggestions, ideas, rides, etc. This is open to everyone, not just VMOA members. Please do not post your suggestions here, e-mail me at [email protected] with the subject as ?Thunder 2011?. Anything posted here in this forum will not be submitted for review.

I will be receiving suggestions until March 12th, 2011.

Thanks,

Obviously not everyone knows what Thunder is all about... my bad. Thunder in the Valley is a yearly gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts in Johnstown PA. Each year thousands of bikers desend on Johnstown for the local festivities. The town opens it?s doors and hosts every type of biker going.
Vmaxers and friends from across the US & Canada use Thunder in the Valley as a back drop for a yearly event, AKA ?Thunder?. We organize various rides throughout the area visiting different sites each year along with informal dining & events.

Anyone requiring more info can e-mail me.

You can also visit http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderinthevalley/

I live 5 minutes from the hotel where all the maxers used to stay for this event. I organized a nice long ride for lunch to Raystown lake marina one year that a few people went on. i dont ride like a bat out of hell the whole time when i ride, there are times and places for that and i cant afford a speeding ticket....lol. i know lots of nice places to ride in this area. I own 3 acres up in the mountain if anyone would need a place to pitch a tent or park a truck and trailer let me know.

Because of a spam concern according to Oliver's post.

WoW this thread got locked down in a day over at starvmax.com. . . wounder why?

"Wonder" why? Because of the one or two negative nay-sayers. People with nothing better to do than live in the past. You all had your time in the VMOA and had some pretty good times from what I've heard and read about. For one reason or another good or bad people have left but NOT moved on! That's why.

Funny thing, the two guys who bitched, pissed, moaned, and groaned that the VMOA needed to change now attack those trying to change things. Bob, and Mark as he posted on StarVmax.com and will here as well soon enough, you both lost your credibility here long ago, and you will lose it over on StarVmax.com as well. You had your time and even a chance to give people the opportunity to "make it better" and on Day 2 you attack a person who, unlike either of you, is trying to effect changes based on what the members want. I guess I should have expected no less, but for some odd reason I felt that maybe I might see something different. Oh well, back to ignoring the inane babble again.

VMOA at Thunder in the Valley! It will be a great time this year for sure!:punk:
Thanks for the encouragement, I will not stay away!

Ok Boys dont forget im going to Ajs Racing in Tyrone Pa for a dyno shoot out i have 5 committed so come 1 come all i dont care just remember EVERYONE is welcomed to go just dont say you didnt know. Aj has a race Sat so this will be on Friday,starting in the Am.when it gets closer i will have a time and a meeting place maybe if AJ lets us we can do Burgers on the grill.

Ok Boys dont forget im going to Ajs Racing in Tyrone Pa for a dyno shoot out i have 5 committed so come 1 come all i dont care just remember EVERYONE is welcomed to go just dont say you didnt know. Aj has a race Sat so this will be on Friday,starting in the Am.when it gets closer i will have a time and a meeting place maybe if AJ lets us we can do Burgers on the grill.
Sounds great Jim! I would like to know Redbone's numbers just to have them even though I have no drivability issues.

For some reason I was thinking you were arranging for a portable dyno to be brought up to Thunder. So are you planning a group ride up to Tyrone?

it will be just you and the rest of you toads in the VMOA.

hey now, i'm not in the VMOA and i will be there.... and i'm not a toad...:ummm:

Thunder is in my back yard so its not like i'm traveling anywhere to get there.:confused2:

"Nobody":
Sounds like you've got a problem with your attitude. Trevor was very hospitable in offering me a place to stay at Thunder last year - he's no idiot, and personally, I object very strongly to you insulting him.

Maybe you should have introduced yourself first?

That way people would have know your legit.

Now you just alienated most of the GEN11 owners, good job.

Keep up the good work, you will be the only one at Thunder.

People have left because of idiots like you.

Hey, I made a mistake, I'll live with it. Don't you ever make any?:ummm:

As for being the only one at Thunder, last I heard the entire wing of the hotel was booked full... all toads?

Bob, I have never met you and you don't know me from Jack but yet you take such pleasure insulting people you don't know. There is a word for that it's called insecurity and yes it is a mental illness.

The wife and I are considering coming to Thunder this year. Sounds like a good time from what I have heard.

Back